DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lookie401 said:
Rubedo said:
1. Play-asia is probably your best bet. I use them all the time.
2. Well...
If you want to extract songs from your actual game, you'll need a slot-2 flash cart with a homebrew capable of doing that. Seeing as I have a slot-1 card, I can't really help with the details.
However, if you were to load a dumped .nds of the game, you would need a raw 8mb save file (yes, the game uses saves that big) that specifically works for the game (anyone here could give you one). However, you CAN NOT download songs on a dumped game, but you CAN put dumped songs (.bdx files, and .bbs files (from original DBB)) on that raw save via bdxtool or Degausser. Generally Degausser is better but some older computers (like mine
biggrin.gif
) can't run it. Then you'll need a pack of songs, which you can get here, and add them to the save via the program.

If you do decide to get an actual copy and a slot-2 flash cart, be sure to drop us any .bdx files you get that we don't already have
smile.gif

And if you do that, I would suggest making sure you ONLY download songs that we don't have .bdx files of, since, having a flash cart, you could just load the .bdx files and not waste a download slot.

KEEP IN MIND
YOU CAN NOT EVER DELETE SONGS
EVER
PERIOD
YOU ONLY GET 100
So use them wisely
smile.gif
Thanks for your reply.

I should had mention that I know about the whole thing. I have been playing the rom since it was release. That's why I want to get my own REAL copy of the game so I can download songs.
smile.gif

That's why I ask which slot-2 flashcart and software I need before buying the game. If you or anybody know I would appreciate it.

BTW, I read on another forum that you can download more than 100 song IF...
1. You are the only person using it (lol no duh)
2. Don't download a whole bunch of songs everyday when you reach past 100 songs (you CAN delete songs by dumping the save and deleting the downloaded songs). This is the reason why download works on the rom at the beginning but stop because Nintendo saw thousands of people downloading songs from the same cart ID (or whatever it's called).

Incorrect, sorry.
You CAN NOT DOWNLOAD MORE THAN 100, PERIOD.
Deleting them from a dumped save DOES NOT MATTER.
Here's how it works.
Every single copy of the game has a unique ID code.
Nintendo's Wi-Fi service keeps a log of these ID codes.
Lets say, just for example, your legit cart's ID code is 5550022.
You go and download 20 songs, putting you at 80 remaining.
Every time you downloaded one, your cart basically said "This is 5550022, I'm downloading Song A, I have 80 songs remaining to download"
Nintendo's computers check "Yes, 5550022 does indeed have 80 songs remaining according to our database. You can download."

But lets say you got down to 0 left, and deleted to delete some from the dumped save of your legit cart. You now have 20 songs free, according to your song list in the game.

You go on Wi-Fi and your cart says "Hello, this is 5550022, I have 20 songs remaining, I'm gonna go get this song and-"
But Wi-Fi notices something odd! 5550022 actually has ZERO songs remaining! 5550022 tried to cheat the system!

5550022 is now banned from Wi-Fi
smile.gif

You cannot cheat it.
And the reason why you can't download from the dumped ROM is because it has a single ID, and when it was first dumped, a bunch of people tried to get some songs, and the ID quickly hit 100. It is now maxed out and banned from Wi-Fi.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Incorrect, sorry.
Here's how it works.
Every time you downloaded one, your cart basically said "This is 5550022, I'm downloading Song A, I have 80 songs remaining to download"
Nintendo's computers check "Yes, 5550022 does indeed have 80 songs remaining according to our database. You can download."

But lets say you got down to 0 left, and deleted to delete some from the dumped save of your legit cart. You now have 20 songs free, according to your song list in the game.

You go on Wi-Fi and your cart says "Hello, this is 5550022, I have 20 songs remaining, I'm gonna go get this song and-"
But Wi-Fi notices something odd! 5550022 actually has ZERO songs remaining! 5550022 tried to cheat the system!

smile.gif

You cannot cheat it.
And the reason why you can't download from the dumped ROM is because it has a single ID, and when it was first dumped, a bunch of people tried to get some songs, and the ID quickly hit 100. It is now maxed out and banned from Wi-Fi.
Well I'm not saying you're wrong but I can't vouch for the people saying that it work either (have you tried it?). I guess I'll have to see it for myself.

And when you said banned, do YOU know if Nintendo banned you from downloading songs because of cheating or because the slot is maxed out? Because I'm sure you can still use the "internet/Wi-Fi radio" when you reach 100 download songs (just can't "download and save"). On the rom you can't even use it.

BTW, just we clear on some things, we basically saying the same thing about the last part. You, I, and everybody (hopefully!) knows about it.
smile.gif

Still, there's one question that nobody answer yet but I don't want to sound redundant by saying it again. I guess if no one know I'll just stop here.

Side note: I find it interesting (funny) that Nintendo still allow people who are using the rom to rate and submit songs. Why don't they ban that?! lol

Rx-87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
A little present for you guys.
http://dbbdx.wikispaces.com/Song+Packs
I'll also be using this Wiki for other DBBDX things as well.
Right now, all I have there is a set of 3 song packs, they're mostly old stuff, but there's something special about them
smile.gif

Its my personal collection of songs I've opened in the editor and changed the titles into English
biggrin.gif

So no need to sift through all the Japanese titles, or rename them yourself, just add them and play
smile.gif

Assuming you want these particular songs, that is.
I'll add more, and you guys can add more too, just make sure you don't add duplicates, and update the information on the Wiki.

I hope this helped out a few people
smile.gif

yaypsp.gif

After 2 years of joining and lurking this thread is the best!! Daigasso Dx rocks... though the concert function really sucks (hate their crappy choice of songs for the tests)

QUOTE(AXYPB @ Mar 17 2009, 05:48 PM) In case anyone needs Degausser 1.0b, I uploaded it here and on GBATemp (also located on my wiki page). Note that it includes only the program as I somehow lost the packaged song files.

bow.gif
yaynds.gif
bow.gif
YeeAAaaah

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
In case anyone needs Degausser 1.0b, I uploaded it here and on GBATemp (also located on my wiki page). Note that it includes only the program as I somehow lost the packaged song files.

I added the link to the DBBDX wiki.

Lookie401 said:
QUOTE(Rubedo @ Mar 17 2009, 09:55 AM) Incorrect, sorry.
Here's how it works.

smile.gif

You cannot cheat it.
Well I'm not saying you're wrong but I can't vouch for the people saying that it work either (have you tried it?). I guess I'll have to see it for myself.

And when you said banned, do YOU know if Nintendo banned you from downloading songs because of cheating or because the slot is maxed out? Because I'm sure you can still use the "internet/Wi-Fi radio" when you reach 100 download songs (just can't "download and save"). On the rom you can't even use it.

BTW, just we clear on some things, we basically saying the same thing about the last part. You, I, and everybody (hopefully!) knows about it.
smile.gif

Still, there's one question that nobody answer yet but I don't want to sound redundant by saying it again. I guess if no one know I'll just stop here.

Side note: I find it interesting (funny) that Nintendo still allow people who are using the rom to rate and submit songs. Why don't they ban that?! lol

I haven't even bothered to try it, but I know it doesn't work from what everyone has told me. Just face it dude, you can't download on a pirated copy.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
I haven't even bothered to try it, but I know it doesn't work from what everyone has told me. Just face it dude, you can't download on a pirated copy.
Erm, do you understand what I was trying to say? You're basically saying the same thing three times and I said I know about it since day one (when it was release). I don't get how buying a retail/legit copy = pirated copy.
unsure.gif

But whatever. I'll just stay quiet until someone else can answer my second question (or not).

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Lookie401 said:
2. What flashcart/slot1/slot2 hardware and/or software/tools I need to dump/extract the downloadable songs from the retail cart?

As i said few posts above, you will need deudeufeu's bbdxsave tool & a slot2.
Personally, i use a M3 Perfect Lite & have no problem dumping my save.

& yes, you can download with your own save dump.
smile.gif

As Rubedo said, even if you delete your 100 download songs from your save, i highly doubt you will be able to download more again.

QUOTE(Lookie401 @ Mar 16 2009, 06:14 AM) EDIT: Oh uh, before anybody says anything, amazon.co.jp do not ship video game outside Japan... sadly...
frown.gif

I bought mine on eBay for a reasonable price, as my previous order from PlayAsia costed me "the eyes of the head" with the customs taxes!
cry.gif

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yummy said:
As i said few posts above, you will need deudeufeu's bbdxsave tool & a slot2.
Personally, i use a M3 Perfect Lite & have no problem dumping my save.M3 Perfect Lite huh? Is there one for the "phat" version? If not I guess I'll just use my brother DSlite. Anyway, thank you VERY much for answering my question.
QUOTE(Yummy @ Mar 18 2009, 11:22 AM) I bought mine on eBay for a reasonable price, as my previous order from PlayAsia costed me "the eyes of the head" with the customs taxes!
cry.gif
I looked on eBay too but they either cost more than play-asia.com / yesasia.com or cheap BUT used! Someone could had use all the 100 download slot and want to get rid of it. DO NOT WANT. lol

Again thanks.

EDIT: Uh... the link to download deudeufeu's bbdxsave tool doesn't work anymore. Can someone reupload it to somewhere and link it?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay