DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

pooandwee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work with ARM7, or 64k save type on the Acekard 2i. I was surprised, since changing the savetype apparently works with the Acekard RPG.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh, come on, lock this topic till the problems are solved with new firmwares. The forums are running like CRAP and there's nothing we can do about this game. No point on keeping this open if it'll take down the whole GBATemp.

Besides, so many noobs are annoying.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah! It actually does work on my DS-X. Problem is, that my DS-X barley works anymore and freezes all the time. I dont know if its worth it to start playing in on here. Does anyone know If I will be able to convert DS-X gamesave to CycloDS once TC comes out the the new FW? Normally I think you could but sence the save file is a problem idk.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Joey Ravn said:
Oh, come on, lock this topic till the problems are solved with new firmwares. The forums are running like CRAP and there's nothing we can do about this game. No point on keeping this open if it'll take down the whole GBATemp.

Besides, so many noobs are annoying.

If someone lock this topic, many other will create new topic and GBATemp will have 25 topics for the same subject... The best thing to do is warn or ban people that don't read the first page... point!

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
@Mods
please close this thread untill there's a fix or firmware update, gbatemp is way too slow

oh and use the time to edit the language info, it's multi4 at least (I've checked english, french, spanish and german)

pengin2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I make my R4 use M3 Firmware, if so, when the firmware for M3's exclusive Gta one comes out, I can download that and put it on my R4, to make it work. Please help me.

thanks in advance P2008.

HotChoco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tried the fix with the DSTT and I can confirm it works. Well, I get past the save screen that is. Will try a mission now and see if the autosave works.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K3VlN said:
I heard Cyclo users can just replace arm9 and not arm7 to fix? Anyone confirm?

Slave said:
QUOTE(K3VlN @ Mar 14 2009, 07:56 PM) I heard Cyclo users can just replace arm9 and not arm7 to fix? Anyone confirm?

Tried the fix by replacing the Arm7 & 9 and i get stuck on the "saving, please do not power down" menu... am on a CycloDS with latest firmware

It DOES work on CycloDS. You only replace the ARM9, DO NOT replace the ARM7. You only need to replace the ARM7 too if you are trying to make it work on an R4. If you replace both for the Cyclo, you will get that "Saving. Do not turn off...blah...blah...

I'm going back to the game, it's SWEET!

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyclos should only replace ARM 9. For everyone else, there's the normal 7 + 9(or a prepatched rom from a romsite that I know of that has 5 vowels in the title)

chamucost20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Grand_Theft_Auto_Chinatown_Wars_USA_SAVEFIX_READNFO_NDS-iND to be exact.

Applied the patch and game is now working on R4 clone with YS firmware, having tried with the cart's original 1.25 FW.

chamucost20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Applied the patch and game is now working on R4 clone with YS firmware, having tried with the cart's original 1.25 FW.

Posts merged

HotChoco

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HotChoco said:
Just tried the fix with the DSTT and I can confirm it works. Well, I get past the save screen that is. Will try a mission now and see if the autosave works.

And again, confirmed. Used the autosave and manual save and both work perfectly fine. What a great game already
smile.gif

chamucost20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...