DS #3517: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (USA)

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
K3VlN said:
I heard Cyclo users can just replace arm9 and not arm7 to fix? Anyone confirm?

Slave said:
QUOTE(K3VlN @ Mar 14 2009, 07:56 PM) I heard Cyclo users can just replace arm9 and not arm7 to fix? Anyone confirm?

Tried the fix by replacing the Arm7 & 9 and i get stuck on the "saving, please do not power down" menu... am on a CycloDS with latest firmware

It DOES work on CycloDS. You only replace the ARM9, DO NOT replace the ARM7. You only need to replace the ARM7 too if you are trying to make it work on an R4. If you replace both for the Cyclo, you will get that "Saving. Do not turn off...blah...blah...

I'm going back to the game, it's SWEET!
which arm9 do u replace it with?

chamucost20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Grand_Theft_Auto_Chinatown_Wars_USA_SAVEFIX_READNFO_NDS-iND to be exact.

Applied the patch and game is now working on R4 clone with YS firmware, having tried with the cart's original 1.25 FW.

Frankiee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is it true that Acekard 2i works if you get a SAV file and convert it from NO$GBA, cause i've heard mixed results from that, Personally for me it hasn't worked :/

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any R4 and M3 Simply users, check out NDS Games forum there is a thread that tells you how to make it work
wink.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sweet! some Save patch for GTA came out!! and now its working on my R4DS!
yaylite.gif

(actually I downloaded an already patched rom for R4DS)

(guess R4 is not dead yet)

wonder if this was the patch that GBATEMP mods were talking about?
yaynds.gif

(im STILL going to buy a SuperCard DS-One
happy.gif
)

who ever released this..THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

now i dont have to lose my sav everytime on No$GBA
playlite.gif

I bet rockstar plants are looking at this thread right now and are wondeing..what did we do wrong THIS TIME!?
tongue.gif

Migs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Using [NDS]Grand_Theft_Auto_Chinatown_Wars[FiX][USA], the game works fine on the first gen DSTT with V1.17 Firmware.

I only have one problem though. The multiplayer seems to be broken or disabled. What I mean is, when I try to connect to my access point, it does't find it and keeps looking for it for a long time (I gave up after 10 minutes and just restarted the DS). The Access Point works, since I've tested it with other games to make sure.

Mabey this is another copy protection? Or is multiplayer locked until you reached a certain point in the single player mode?

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gta ctw works with savefix and savefix2 on EZV (olderst version, dont know about the other version) tested with firmware v1.86g

D

Deleted-119707

JUST ARM9 PATCH IT TO GET MULTIPLAYER WORKING INSTEAD OF PATCHING BOTH ARM 7 ARM 9. I GOT IT WORKING AND IM USIING R4+YSMENU.

jeremiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In order to get WFC working:
1)Patch the rom with iND patcher.
2)Unpack the newly patched rom with DSLazy.
3)Replace the arm7.bin file with the one from Bomberman 2.
4)Repack the rom, and you're done. WFC Working!

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
oh finally i get to play the game and it looks more better and plays better on the ds (r4) than the PC
i must say gta just went one step ahead to get arm9 locked since it is easier to identify this lock than the arm7 lock since it was not known before about this phenomenon
Thanks gbatemp for getting the thread back up and also the topic message needs to be changed as said before hehe...

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Migs said:
Using [NDS]Grand_Theft_Auto_Chinatown_Wars[FiX][USA], the game works fine on the first gen DSTT with V1.17 Firmware.

I only have one problem though. The multiplayer seems to be broken or disabled. What I mean is, when I try to connect to my access point, it does't find it and keeps looking for it for a long time (I gave up after 10 minutes and just restarted the DS). The Access Point works, since I've tested it with other games to make sure.

Mabey this is another copy protection? Or is multiplayer locked until you reached a certain point in the single player mode?

I don't plan on using the Wi-Fi, but do you need to do the Arm9 fix to connect ad-hoc to people in the same area as you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1