DS #4411: Phantasy Star à (USA)

Kamora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and people shouldnt brush off AP just because it works on their cards, given that some cards automatically bypass AP.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been abel to run it three times with no problem and I've played a bit of the first mission. To me it looks like the AP has been removed, but I'm using AKAIO 1.5 with the latest loaders so it could be teh piracy patcher coming into play

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kamora said:
and people shouldnt brush off AP just because it works on their cards, given that some cards automatically bypass AP.

This.

Just because a game works on many cards, and doesn't work on a few, doesn't mean it's not AP. Just means that your current card (in this case, the M3, it seems) can't bypass the AP like the other cards can. That's not a "card incompatibility", that's AP.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Phantasy Star Zero has been PROPERED (meaning other version is a bad dump) we will have the new one up soon.

This message has appeared on one of the popular ROM sites. Maybe the people having the white screen problem have the turdy dump version.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SeraphisCain said:
Kamora said:

This.

Just because a game works on many cards, and doesn't work on a few, doesn't mean it's not AP. Just means that your current card (in this case, the M3, it seems) can't bypass the AP like the other cards can. That's not a "card incompatibility", that's AP.

But, the main complaint has been with the people whining about the AP, not the AP itself. It's annoying. My card works in conjunction with the game, yours doesn't. Suck it up and wait for a patch if one is even needed. Just mention that yours doesn't work, what happens, etc. It doesn't need to be said over and over.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One of the sites I use has said it's a bad dump and they'll have a new one up soon. Hopefully that's why it's not working on my M3, I'm trying another download anyway.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Sephi said:
SeraphisCain said:
Hate to break it to everyone, but there is indeed anti-piracy on this release. White-screens after the opening cutscene and conversation. Using the old AP fix for the Japanese release doesn't work either. So, guess we have to wait.

According to inf, there is no protection. he even made note of that in the nfo.

If you're having problems it's your card's fault. I grabbed the game a few minutes after it was dumped and started playing no problem.

Nah i was wrong i had a look with desemue and it does have a check, its just not like the JPN ones. But if you have a card thats any good at all it should really handle these automatically by now.

The PROPER is invalid because there is only blank data missing from XPA release. If you really need 3MB of FF's then this tool http://www.sendspace.com/file/kkcf0p will put it back on but afaik the dummy data doesn't affect anything at all.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
And lo did Blaze's efforts finally yield rewad as he found a working rom of Phantasy Star Zero with the AP already removed. He took it onto his card, and he saw that it was good. And there was much laughter and drinking of beer.

So...yeah, found it, working, no sign of AP yet. The rom turns out to be about 119MB, is that right? It must be the pre-patched one or something. xpa-ps0u.nds. That first .rar must've been the unpacked version of the game, this one came as a tonne of .rar files giving me some error message. But I copied the whole download to my laptop's hard drive and tried to open it there instead and it worked, let me retrieve the .nds file.

Well, whatever. Seems to be working on Cyclo 1.56b3 so far. Will let you know if I find any AP, but judging by the file size I'm inclined to think mine's already been hacked apart and had the AP dealt with. Never seen such a random file size that's not patched before.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works for me... Even on my emulator. It's a bad dump you have there if it doesn't work.

EDIT: Never mind... Got a bad dump... Guess I gotta wait. Luckily the site I went to said that...

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
Sephi said:
SeraphisCain said:
Hate to break it to everyone, but there is indeed anti-piracy on this release. White-screens after the opening cutscene and conversation. Using the old AP fix for the Japanese release doesn't work either. So, guess we have to wait.

According to inf, there is no protection. he even made note of that in the nfo.

If you're having problems it's your card's fault. I grabbed the game a few minutes after it was dumped and started playing no problem.

Nah i was wrong i had a look with desemue and it does have a check, its just not like the JPN ones. But if you have a card thats any good at all it should really handle these automatically by now.

The PROPER is invalid because there is only blank data missing from XPA release. If you really need 3MB of FF's then this tool http://www.sendspace.com/file/kkcf0p will put it back on but afaik the dummy data doesn't affect anything at all.

If the type of check that PSZ has is so simple to bypass for any "good" card, then it shouldn't be much of an issue to patch it out for M3 users, should it?

(And I have indeed noticed that the M3 Real's "auto anti-piracy bypass" has never been good at all, nor has it ever actually worked, as far as I can tell.)

Yami Toshiro

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
working fine with mine EZ Vi
yaynds.gif
the game is awesome

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Theres no pre-patched game the game is just missing blank data because it was accidently dumped onto a 128MB SD card originally. It doesn't affect the game working. If the game doesn't work on your card its due to a check which you can see in desmume. The address it says is 020C57D4 so a working code will be probably something to do with that, 020C57D4 E3A00000 or something like that but probably more needed. Someone should give it a try though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eminem's daughter got married apparently it should've been me :nayps3:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess she got the better fling
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean he did dad's loaded
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    papa eminem approved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grampainem
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored of HD2 lately
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    too burned out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    from gameplay and drama
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I keep hunting for apps and forget half of them are already widgets on my home screen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    almost everything gets shuved as some taskbar process
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is HD2?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Helldivers 2
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the game has as much bugs ingame as well as in RL
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That games so mixed I hear people praise or say they love it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's both, they love it and hate it just as much
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like we get mixed reviews but that games globally mixed like mj
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    love the gameplay, hate the buggy mess it's also in, much drama and controversy also related due to sony being sony
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the mixed reviews is due to review bombing, because a chunk of regions are excluded/banned from buying it now
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so the players are review bombing as response to sony doubling down on their so-called policy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    game's now what, 3 months out the door
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst