DS #4506: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (USA)

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
The group that hacked the game has every right to put an intro on it in my opinion. They've already released a clean, completely untouched rom. The crack was released separately from the clean release and is entirely optional. if you don't like it, don't apply it to your ROM

As for your rhetoric about P2P sites putting intros on, aside from the fact that most sites and most release groups for that matter wouldn't have the skills to be able to do it anyway, look at it this way - the developers deserve their logo at the start of a game, the shop you bought it from does not.

What I'm talking about in terms of ungrateful is people going "OMG, Xenophobia have released Zelda early. Waaaah, it's got piracy protection, someone crack it, why isn't it cracked yet, when will it be cracked, why can't I play"

Followed by, when it's cracked

"Waaah, it's got an intro on it, I have to press A before I play this $40 game for free before the release date that someone's just spent hours of their spare time removing the AP checks from for me, waaaah"

Just shut up and play it, or even better, remove the checks yourself or update your loader. Yes, it would be nicer if the intro had animation or music, but from my limited understanding of DS architecture it's difficult to access the sound hardware when you're loading code before the game boots.

I agree with you 100%. Anybody that complains about a 1 second intro as the price to play a $40 game FOR FREE needs to be shot. Okay, maybe not shot... perhaps just gelded.

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SpaceJump said:
I just reached the Forest Sanctuary and am stuck at the part, where you have to hit a switch to make a bridge appear and then bomb some blocks on the left. But I cannot reach the blocks before the bomb explodes. Any tips?

there are two bombs placed left of that switch:. take one of them, place it beside the switch, now you have some time to get the other bomb and return to where the bridge appears before that placed one explodes:.

btw don't have any probs with that game, the xeno-patch works perfect':. thx to the team:.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5 and up til today I've never had any problems with any of the games on my card. I downloaded the Xenophobia fix for Spirit Tracks today and thought everything was going good but it froze in the first cutscene with the Zelda just after she gives you the letter. After restarting my DS and loading the game it froze again in the beginning of the game's title scene. I loaded it once more and made it to the beginning of the Spirit Tower (Saving every 2-3 minutes) and shut it off. Then I loaded up Phantasy Star Zero (coincedentally it is also the Xenophobia version) and in the span of playing for 10 minutes it froze twice in random spots (didn't freeze at all in the first 70-80 hours I put into the game). Then I tried deleting Spirit Tracks and it's related files but Phantasy Star Zero froze again.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm going to clear my card and re-load AKAIO and only PSZ and see what happens.

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hey can anyone tell me where to find the man from the sand part? (thats when you beat all of the floors from the spirit tower)

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bojack316 said:
I'm using an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5 and up til today I've never had any problems with any of the games on my card. I downloaded the Xenophobia fix for Spirit Tracks today and thought everything was going good but it froze in the first cutscene with the Zelda just after she gives you the letter. After restarting my DS and loading the game it froze again in the beginning of the game's title scene. I loaded it once more and made it to the beginning of the Spirit Tower (Saving every 2-3 minutes) and shut it off. Then I loaded up Phantasy Star Zero (coincedentally it is also the Xenophobia version) and in the span of playing for 10 minutes it froze twice in random spots (didn't freeze at all in the first 70-80 hours I put into the game). Then I tried deleting Spirit Tracks and it's related files but Phantasy Star Zero froze again.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm going to clear my card and re-load AKAIO and only PSZ and see what happens.

I thougt as Ak2i user u don't need any fix. Only the latest loader. There is a Link in this threat.

Bojack316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh, nice ^^. Ty
smile.gif
. Didn't really want to go through 131 pages searching for something I'm not sure is going to be there lol.

Bakuchris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having trouble, Compiling YSMenu, to Run Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, the Command Prompt Freezes at the "patch DLDI: 0x152B0", and does not continue, i read a guide how to compile YSmenu. and everything worked out, until this step.

Yummy BBQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I`m new here!
Ok I have everything tried but I still have this Save Issue problem.

I have patched the Zelda rom with the Xenophobia Crack and I have a Savegame from the Internet downloaded.
Nothing have functionated I have many savegames tried nothing of them allowed me to play the rom I still got the message: "The Save file could not be written."

What have I do wrong.

And also can anyone uploade the cracked rom with the savefile so that I does not have to rechristen the Rom or the Savefile?

Sry for my bad englisch...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yummy BBQ said:
Hi, I`m new here!
Ok I have everything tried but I still have this Save Issue problem.

I have patched the Zelda rom with the Xenophobia Crack and I have a Savegame from the Internet downloaded.
Nothing have functionated I have many savegames tried nothing of them allowed me to play the rom I still got the message: "The Save file could not be written."

What have I do wrong.

And also can anyone uploade the cracked rom with the savefile so that I does not have to rechristen the Rom or the Savefile?

Sry for my bad englisch...
Did you name the save the same as the patched rom? And what card are you running as well?
Also we can't upload the rom file to GBAtemp, it's against the rules of the site.
And as for the English part, don't sweat it, my English sucks as well. ^-^

Yummy BBQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Did you name the save the same as the patched rom? And what card are you running as well?
Also we can't upload the rom file to GBAtemp, it's against the rules of the site.

Oh sry I have forget to tell that I have a CycloDS flashcard firmware 1.55
About the Save game, I`m not so sure if I download the right, in other forums were many users that mean they have the right save file for the Save issue problem, never of this savegames fix my problem.

And yes I have The Save file and the cracked Rom the same name given.
The message (The Save file could not be written.) came as well when i played with a unpatched rom.
I think that`s my only problem

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yummy BBQ said:
QUOTE said:

About the Save game, I`m not so sure if I download the right, in other forums were many users that mean they have the right save file for the Save issue problem, never of this savegames fix my problem.

The message (The Save file could not be written.) came as well when i played with a unpatched rom.
Ah, well I know how to fix M3 Real and iTouch DS, but I think there is a fix somewhere in this forum, check around.
Or try the patched rom

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yummy BBQ said:
Hi, I`m new here!

Ah ha he's using a Cyclo

I think you'll need the Save file from Post #459 (You will still need to patch the game)
or you could try the suggestion from Post #420

Yummy BBQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CannonFoddr said:
Yummy BBQ said:
Hi, I`m new here!

Ah ha he's using a Cyclo

I think you'll need the Save file from Post #459 (You will still need to patch the game)

Oh I think I have my problem a little wrong describe, after the Intro the Screen goes Black with the Message:"Data could not be written. Turn the power off, then reinsert the Game Card."
You see, I haven`t a problem to saving the game.
I couldn`t get this shit away I have almost everything tried.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yummy BBQ said:
CannonFoddr said:
Yummy BBQ said:
Hi, I`m new here!

Ah ha he's using a Cyclo

Oh I think I have my problem a little wrong describe, after the Intro the Screen goes Black with the Message:"Data could not be written. Turn the power off, then reinsert the Game Card."
You see, I haven`t a problem to saving the game.
I couldn`t get this shit away I have almost everything tried.
Oh I see - sorry, can't really help as I don't have a Cyclo, It seems as though the Cyclo can't create a suitable sav file (have you enought space on the memory card ??)

- also have you tried putting the sav file I've mentioned onto your card (renaming it to the same as the game) & seeing what happens.
It's possible that the Cyclos MIGHT see the sav file & doesn't bother trying to write one, & therefore allowing you pass the Intro screen (On M3i0 it wouldn't go pass the Intro screen until I placed a suitable sized sav file on the card) It might work for you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it