DS #5153: Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City (USA)

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
I'm sorta torn by this. On the one hand the map making part is so retro! I recall the fond days of me mapping out dungeons in Bard's Tale. Cursing the day they invented spinners+darkeness+teleporters! On the other hand, once auto-mapping came out in later Bard's Tales it wasn't like I missed having to map out reams of graph paper.

Wow - The Bards Tale... That takes me back! I don't remember whether that or one of the Ultima games were my first graph paper mapping games.

I played on a Commodore 64....

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may just be lucky but I haven't been able to recreate any of the crashes on my cyclods b.4.. I spammed the ninja ability that crashes it and have no problem sailing at all.

I did notice the first rom I found was pre trimmed, I usually don't trust those, I found another one that was 64mb. Are you all sure that you are using the untrimmed rom?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tsol said:
I may just be lucky but I haven't been able to recreate any of the crashes on my cyclods b.4.. I spammed the ninja ability that crashes it and have no problem sailing at all.

I did notice the first rom I found was pre trimmed, I usually don't trust those, I found another one that was 64mb. Are you all sure that you are using the untrimmed rom?

I'm not sure there have been any reports of problems with cyclo. Also it's not just a ninja ability that crashes, it's limit attacks (you have to set them in a separate menu).

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I see this topic bumped I get my hopes up a little.
Only to have them crushed.
frown.gif

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WarioMCP said:
We're using the NukeThis release, which is the untrimmed rom you speak of.

The trimmed one i found was also labeled as NukeThis, the same file name just trimmed. The one that works for me came rar'd as nt-etod3.rar. Maybe I'm wrong, and cyclods b.4 just works, although there have been reports of it not working with the cyclods, and most of what i can find about it suggests that most the crashes are rom size related.

Just throwing it out there i guess.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha don't buy a cyclods, I think they are officially dead, won't be expecting any more updates. Still a good card though if you had it before, but don't buy it.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tsol said:
WarioMCP said:
We're using the NukeThis release, which is the untrimmed rom you speak of.

The trimmed one i found was also labeled as NukeThis, the same file name just trimmed. The one that works for me came rar'd as nt-etod3.rar. Maybe I'm wrong, and cyclods b.4 just works, although there have been reports of it not working with the cyclods, and most of what i can find about it suggests that most the crashes are rom size related.

Just throwing it out there i guess.

nt-etod3.rar is the NukeThis release that everyone is using.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DS1 said:
Zarcon said:
DS1 said:
Zarcon said:
frown.gif

Hahah, well maybe buying a CycloDS IS the answer?
Too bad the SCDSTwo does everything the CycloDS does and more for cheaper.
tongue.gif

Except for play EO3, apparently.
Lots of reports that it's fine on the DStwo though.
tongue.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
DS1 said:
Zarcon said:
DS1 said:
Zarcon said:
frown.gif

Hahah, well maybe buying a CycloDS IS the answer?
Too bad the SCDSTwo does everything the CycloDS does and more for cheaper.
tongue.gif

Except for play EO3, apparently.
Lots of reports that it's fine on the DStwo though.
tongue.gif

Lol, ohh, I thought you had a DStwo! Well get a DStwo then! Especially if it's cheaper. I'm just a cheapskate, I wouldn't buy another DS or card if mine died or something.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just decided to go buy the game as I didn't have one of the working cards. unfortunately, I didn't get the artbook. :-( however, EO 3 is probably one of few games I'd actually buy since it presents an interesting challenge which many games lack these days.

last night, though, I decided to bite the bullet and buy a supercard ds two. is $34 a good price for that??? it was the cheapest price I could find for. the main reason for the purchase was golden sun since that will probably have some sort of ap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: