Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

larryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hey,

First of all thank you for providing such great software.
I have one issue though, then i try to load Roms on my DSI without CFW, i always get White Screens (tried Mario Kart US and Animal Crossing US).
The Power lamp is purple then loading, and the SD Card is formatted in Fat32 and 32kb.
What could be the problem? I tired many different Roms of those two games.

Greetings

TicinoLX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why is Pokémon HeartGold marked as green? That game is bugged as shit on DSiMenu++....

First crash after I entered the house where prof oak is

Next crash when the first trainer battle started

That sucks tho, I have to save literally every time I do something. that’s no fun, for real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, excelent Homebrew :) congrats
But I'm trying to run summon night twin age and for some reason the sound is really loud, even if I have turned it off, I don't even know how it is possible '-'
I'm on n3ds

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well after deleting TWLoader and its stuff from twlnand then installing this, no games work for me. twl speed will crash every game and send me back to the 3ds menu and ntr speed will boot some games exp- Mario 64 ds with Error1
Hmm strange mario 64 works perfectly for me i was just playing it.

Argentlan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also, I've found out that if you load it by nds-hb-menu bootstrap it loads slightly faster :gun:
But it probably comes with a price:unsure:

TicinoLX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
d2f762f793e298e2c0ec3e3aa617f037.jpg

Again.... Anybody else having problems with random freezes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by TicinoLX,
Reactions: emerald_boy

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I just set this up, after hearing about the new nds-bootstrap but failing to make it work on TWLoader. I'm trying to boot Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles Echoes of Time from SD on n3DS, but I get the "Error!" screen while loading it. I was told with the new nds-bootstrap all games would work, so am I doing something wrong or what? I downloaded the new nds-bootstrap and put the files in the _nds folder, and also set the quick launch option so it wouldn't return to the HOME menu after launching the game.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just set this up, after hearing about the new nds-bootstrap but failing to make it work on TWLoader. I'm trying to boot Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles Echoes of Time from SD on n3DS, but I get the "Error!" screen while loading it. I was told with the new nds-bootstrap all games would work, so am I doing something wrong or what? I downloaded the new nds-bootstrap and put the files in the _nds folder, and also set the quick launch option so it wouldn't return to the HOME menu after launching the game.
That game is thumb, so it's not compatible yet.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoever told you all games would work lied to you.

Gyaraga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we can get nds-bootstrap working on flashcards, then yes.

Obviously you know much more than I, but I was under the impression that nds-bootstrap was used for loading off the sd card. Since the 3DS won't boot DSTT natively, I've been using TWLoader to access it, and I like the way it displays, but otherwise, I thought it was more or less just acting as a front end.

The instructions on the first page list an assortment of supported flash cards, exceptions being DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE. Do the cards listed as working not have nds-bootstrap functioning with them?

I'm fine with continuing to use TWLoader, and I appreciate your work. It does sadden me a bit, though, that it's discontinued when it works for what I'm using it for, but the replacement, at least for now, does not.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you know much more than I, but I was under the impression that nds-bootstrap was used for loading off the sd card. Since the 3DS won't boot DSTT natively, I've been using TWLoader to access it, and I like the way it displays, but otherwise, I thought it was more or less just acting as a front end.

The instructions on the first page list an assortment of supported flash cards, exceptions being DSTT/R4i Gold/R4i-SDHC/R4 SDHC Upgrade/SC DSONE. Do the cards listed as working not have nds-bootstrap functioning with them?

I'm fine with continuing to use TWLoader, and I appreciate your work. It does sadden me a bit, though, that it's discontinued when it works for what I'm using it for, but the replacement, at least for now, does not.
Flashcards currently do not use nds-bootstrap, and instead uses flashcart kernels/firmwares, such as Wood, for loading ROMs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1