Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i have got last version of twilight menu ++ but something strange happend half of my games was been with ? icons and attempting to play them result in long hours on nds bootstrap loading screen

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. All right... here is to hope that it might be looked at in the future.
TWLMenu++ uses nds-bootstrap to run DSi-Enhanced games in DSi mode, but uses flashcard kernel to run regular DS games in DS mode.
i have got last version of twilight menu ++ but something strange happend half of my games was been with ? icons and attempting to play them result in long hours on nds bootstrap loading screen
It's possible your ROMs got corrupt somehow. This has never happened on my side.

Reactions: banjo2 and Hark0n

mudkippi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. So I was playing Pokemon HeartGold with 60fps patch and noticed that the game is much laggier on my 3ds which is running the latest version of Twilight Menu, than my dsi which is still on v18.4. Both are using 133mhz clock speed for the game. Does anyone know why this happens? https://imgur.com/idDOQaO

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. So I was playing Pokemon HeartGold with 60fps patch and noticed that the game is much laggier on my 3ds which is running the latest version of Twilight Menu, than my dsi which is still on v18.4. Both are using 133mhz clock speed for the game. Does anyone know why this happens? https://imgur.com/idDOQaO
SWI Halt Hook is causing the lags. Please turn it off in TWLMenu++ Settings.

Reactions: banjo2 and mudkippi

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All right, I have it running now. Running the TWilight Menu on my R4i Gold 3DS Plus works fine so far as I can see. But so far I have been unable to make the box art appear on the top screen (I have followed the instructions https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/how-to-get-box-art) and I do quite miss the option to return to the TWilight Menu from a game via a button combination. A soft reset option is in my opinion quite essential, is such an option available?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, I have it running now. Running the TWilight Menu on my R4i Gold 3DS Plus works fine so far as I can see. But so far I have been unable to make the box art appear on the top screen (I have followed the instructions https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/how-to-get-box-art) and I do quite miss the option to return to the TWilight Menu from a game via a button combination. A soft reset option is in my opinion quite essential, is such an option available?
Unfortunately, it's out of my scope to implement into nds-bootstrap for flashcards.

Reactions: banjo2

one-piece

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, im using my DSi twlmenu to chainload twlmenu to my Dstwo. it run great in ds mode, but when i try to load Dsi Enhaced games (pkm black etc) it apper to be working as it create the ram thing, the screenshot. tar, then the nds-bootstrapt load and get stuck in a white screen. i have enabled the dsi mode the vram dsi mode and the tounchscreen dsi mode. does ayone know what is happening?

Pd. if i try to run after rebooting, it get stuck in the nds-bootstrap screen, then after deleting the nds-bootstrap folder it create the ram thing again but still got stuck in a white screen

So basically i can only play Dsiware games without problem and retail games only in DS mode, Dsi mode doesnt work for enhanced games. maybe its the flashcard?

Last edited by one-piece,

KirboGuy2008

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been trying to play Kirby Canvas Curse, but everytime I try to, it gets stuck the Hal Lab and Nintendo screen. Help would be very much appreciated.

Edit: For the record, I'm using a regular XL 3DS with the 4gb card it came with.

Last edited by KirboGuy2008,

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, im using my DSi twlmenu to chainload twlmenu to my Dstwo. it run great in ds mode, but when i try to load Dsi Enhaced games (pkm black etc) it apper to be working as it create the ram thing, the screenshot. tar, then the nds-bootstrapt load and get stuck in a white screen. i have enabled the dsi mode the vram dsi mode and the tounchscreen dsi mode. does ayone know what is happening?

Pd. if i try to run after rebooting, it get stuck in the nds-bootstrap screen, then after deleting the nds-bootstrap folder it create the ram thing again but still got stuck in a white screen

So basically i can only play Dsiware games without problem and retail games only in DS mode, Dsi mode doesnt work for enhanced games. maybe its the flashcard?
It is the same for me (using a R4i Gold 3DS Plus) and also I can't for the life of me get the box art to appear... tried pretty much everything by now but all I get are question marks.

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And now all I get is a white screen... and putting it into sleep mode does not work (no I am not getting a new SD. This one is a new SanDisk extreme bought in retail formatted to Fat32 with 32kb cluster size which passed the HW test twice!) It worked yesterday... and now it no longer does. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: 2 minutes of sleep mode did the trick, for anyone having the same trouble.

2nd Edit: I reinstalled TWilight Menu++ and put the box art in the _NDS/TWiLightMenu/boxart folder on BOTH my flashcard SD and on my 2DSXL SD card... and put the box art option to not cached... now box art is being shown. Maybe I am just too dumb.

Last edited by Hark0n,

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay... the white screen lock up at start up occurs way too often to be regarded a mere inconvenience, maybe I am doing something wrong, but I did follow the available instructions to the letter... what more can you ask of a mere user?

Edit: For everyone who is dumb like me... load times for the TWilight Menu can be very inconsistent. The first startup after booting up the console can take up to a minute... the ones after that are faster. All right I am learning here okay.

Last edited by Hark0n,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been trying to play Kirby Canvas Curse, but everytime I try to, it gets stuck the Hal Lab and Nintendo screen. Help would be very much appreciated.

Edit: For the record, I'm using a regular XL 3DS with the 4gb card it came with.
This seems to only occur if you don't have an existing save file and if SWI Halt Hook is turned on.
Try turning SWI Halt Hook off.

Reactions: banjo2

Hark0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am running the TWilight Menu via SCFG access on a R4i Gold 3DS Plus in a new 2DS XL and after fiddling around like the dumbass I am, I managed to find out the following.

First, my initial thought, that Red Riding Hood Zombie BBQ and Metalsug 7 would benefit from TWL clock speed and VRAM boost proofed to be correct. The slowdowns are gone (or at least for me no longer noticeable).

Second, there is a soft rest option (L+R+Down+A+B... I think?) which does kinda work, only that I end up on the TWilight Menu that runs on the R4 (as if I had started the card via the TWL Slot 1 Launcher. I am running this https://gbatemp.net/download/luma-10-2-1-with-redshift-and-quick-switchers.35619/ Luma build and needed a way to start my card before I switched to Twilight Menu)

Third, booting DSi enhanced games in DSI mode just doesn't work... DSiWare however does work for the most part (I had to turn off the option to temporarily copy the DSiWare to the console's DS card, that just didn't work for me at all.)

Fourth, cheat function is only available when running bootstrap, when booting via the flashcard kernel cheats are just not available, which is a little bit sad face but all in all a trade-off I can live with.

Fifth, while this Homebrew (at least the way I am running it) is far from intuitive, it is nonetheless a tremendous achievement. Having basically a second SD card slot dedicated to DS games on my 2DS is a godsend!

Anyway... sorry for all my rambling, and thank you for this awesome piece of Homebrew. I do hope you continue on improving it in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rVUjbpqsE_M?si=xx-48GSacwRiKHU_ Hole in Ass