Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have problem running master system, game gear and tg 16 roms. Every time blue screen appears and i get message "touch screen or press L+R for menu". My dsi XL freezes and i cant do anything
Old versions of S8DS are known to have this issue. Make sure TWiLight Menu++ is updated to v24.0.0.

Reactions: Tarmfot

pollop2345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Old versions of S8DS are known to have this issue. Make sure TWiLight Menu++ is updated to v24.0.0.
I update it as you said. Master system and GameGear run perfect now, and new emulators too (WanderSwan SG, 1000, colecovision etc.) but the problem with tbgfx 16 is still here. Emulator doesnt run. does it need bios or something like that?, my roms are in .pce format. Thank you for your great work

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I update it as you said. Master system and GameGear run perfect now, and new emulators too (WanderSwan SG, 1000, colecovision etc.) but the problem with tbgfx 16 is still here. Emulator doesnt run. does it need bios or something like that?, my roms are in .pce format. Thank you for your great work
NitroGrafx hasn't been updated, so a build compiled from the current source code would be needed.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to play Pokémon Ranger (the original one; it's been years since I last played this sadly-abandoned side series), but whenever I try to enter the forest in Summerland the game crashes with a red touch screen; I've tried disabling my cheats, but it still happens. Why is it crashing?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Pokémon Ranger (the original one; it's been years since I last played this sadly-abandoned side series), but whenever I try to enter the forest in Summerland the game crashes with a red touch screen; I've tried disabling my cheats, but it still happens. Why is it crashing?
The DMA implementation isn't perfect, so try turning off card read DMA in the per-game settings.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The DMA implementation isn't perfect, so try turning off card read DMA in the per-game settings.
Turned Card Read DMA off, and...
Photo on 18-2-22 at 12.42 pm.jpg

Still crashed. Not sure if those white dots mean anything.

(Sorry about how I held my 3DS; took it quickly with Photo Booth)

CrashMidnick

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just tested DSiware games on my good old DS Lite (with DSTWO) : what a nice feature we got here ! Thanks for this !

frogger.jpg

I did not read all the features but you confirm that it can not use Slot-2 expansion Ram to gain access to more titles ?

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tested DSiware games on my good old DS Lite (with DSTWO) : what a nice feature we got here ! Thanks for this !

View attachment 298581
I did not read all the features but you confirm that it can not use Slot-2 expansion Ram to gain access to more titles ?
The expansion pack won't make any difference in terms of getting more titles to run. nds-bootstrap doesn't really use the expansion pak as an expansion of the game's memory, what it does is load the ROM into the expansion pack so that load speeds can potentially be improved. The main issue with DSiWare isn't the load times, it's the fact that the main memory is limited to 4MB which isn't expandable, realistically speaking.

kyrorb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya, so I updated my TWLMenu++ via drag and drop (it says v24.0.0 and 0.54.0 in settings). I've got WiFi disabled - and yet I still get the same error, I'm going to send my model so you can see if it could just be that my 3DS is incompatible with TWL.

Code: CTR-S-EUR-C1

If you truly can't figure it out, that's fine - I'll probably just invest in buying another Soulsilver cartridge as my one rn is broken.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya, so I updated my TWLMenu++ via drag and drop (it says v24.0.0 and 0.54.0 in settings). I've got WiFi disabled - and yet I still get the same error, I'm going to send my model so you can see if it could just be that my 3DS is incompatible with TWL.

Code: CTR-S-EUR-C1

If you truly can't figure it out, that's fine - I'll probably just invest in buying another Soulsilver cartridge as my one rn is broken.
Did you save the settings and reboot the application after changing the setting?
Also, try opening the WiFi settings in another game, and see if it crashes when searching for an access point. If it doesn't crash, and no access point is found, then that's the expected result. If it still crashes, then this is a strange issue.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a regular-sized DSi on FW 1.4.3E and I have a weird problem with the latest TwilightMenu. Everything works as it should but if I try to exit the settings I get stuck on a white screen and have to hard-reboot. The settings-changes go through though.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I got a regular-sized DSi on FW 1.4.3E and I have a weird problem with the latest TwilightMenu. Everything works as it should but if I try to exit the settings I get stuck on a white screen and have to hard-reboot. The settings-changes go through though.
It's already fixed for the next version now, so if you want you can update to the latest nightly and get the fix.

zacharypsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering if you can use this to apply a language patch for a Pokemon black or white two on the fly from a Japanese game card or will i have to dump the game and patch the rom file

Basically pokemon transporter does not check the game card region and the Japanese games are cheeper but you can't change the language on the card and i don't want to play in Japanese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak:
    Can anyone help me with my wii?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AncientBoi is the ultimate Wii helper
    I have a problem with Usb Loaders
    That guy can make Wii's do things I didn't think was possible
    Ken maybe too
    Wii loads are problematic sometimes I feel like they just get stuck and you gotta switch ports
    Well, when i launch a game my wiimote unsyncs and doesnt want to connect again
    Maybe reseat the Bluetooth module?
    How?
    Or it's going bad or that IOS needs a fresh install
  • TheOutGuy_2012 @ TheOutGuy_2012:
    can AncientBoi
    help me with nextube? A YT wii channel revival?
    I reinstalled the 249 250 and 251 the IOS's the ModMii tells me to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi is the master at wiis he even rambles about putting it in pis
    Reseating it would require opening up you Wii and just unplug everything then plug everything back in
    Pis?
    What type of screws are inside it?
    Triwing and Philips
    Percussive maintenance might be an option too
    Too bad, i only have flathead screwdrivers
    Percussive maintenance?
    Smack it firmly but not too hard sometimes it can either losen things up or tighten them
    Last ditch effort before actually fixing it lol
    So like headbang on the table firm or slap firm?
    Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak: So like headbang on the table firm or slap firm?