Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same error with the clean ROM, but setting it to DSi-mode and deactivating DMA did the trick. :)
DMA should be enabled by default for most games, and should only be disabled, if there's issues with wireless.
Btw. how does Twilight work with DSi enhanced games? Does it detect that automatically or do I have to enable it for every enhanced game separately? I saw there's an option for Audio in the general bootstrap settings, but not for DSi mode.
There's a flag in the ROMs header that says it's DSi-Enhanced or Exclusive.
In nds-bootstrap, additional patches are applied for the ROM to run in DSi mode.

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v24.1.1

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.54.2

What's new?
Bug fixes
  • Save data is now created for DS ROMs containing `NTRJ` as the TID.
    • Should fix saving not working in Super Mario 256.
  • Fixed WiFi being off by default on 3DS consoles.
    • NOTE: If you've previously updated to v24.0.0 or v24.1.0, please make sure `WiFi` is set to `On` in TWLMenu++ Settings, if you want to use wireless features.
  • Settings: Fixed System Settings not launching.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
when does universal updater usually update?
It updates hourly*, usually like 15 minutes after the hour since for whatever reason GitHub Actions doesn't actually trigger directly on the hour.

(*for apps that updated within the last 30 days or are marked 'priority', others are only checked every 6 hours to not be as wasteful)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated on my ds, but there was a problem with golden sun, which I've encountered before, it said "failed to write," in the same color text as the game, so something is happening. when I booted it up a second time, it worked without issue. this has happened in the past, and I have no idea what causes that error or what it's referring to. save works fine when the game works, so I dunno.

LynnethBucherstede

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Evening all here. I've not know if this is already known, but when you launch any DS Games over the cart slot of a N3DS XL, after having the widescreen patch installed, is then in the widescreen mode, even on the list which my version (a old one, where GS DD never would boot) doesn't lists ANNO 1701 DS (EU) and ANNO 1404 DS (That one from 2009, which is called like 1602's subtitle btw.) are then in widescreen. When it is necessary to show pics, I've would edit this post then or, load them up, but after someone answered to avoid double posts.

Friendly Greeetings (a TWLM++ user - even when I have a name here)

Below Both DS ANNOs. (EU version each)
20220228_233358.jpg

20220228_233259.jpg

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evening all here. I've not know if this is already known, but when you launch any DS Games over the cart slot of a N3DS XL, after having the widescreen patch installed, is then in the widescreen mode, even on the list which my version (a old one, where GS DD never would boot) doesn't lists ANNO 1701 DS (EU) and ANNO 1404 DS (That one from 2009, which is called like 1602's subtitle btw.) are then in widescreen. When it is necessary to show pics, I've would edit this post then or, load them up, but after someone answered to avoid double posts.

Friendly Greeetings (a TWLM++ user - even when I have a name here)
That shouldn't happen. idk why that is.

LynnethBucherstede

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess this is a odd bug then… Maybe it is due my outdated version? (Vers. 23.4.0-02b19a5) Should test it with the latest version? Maybe it is then fixed, even when it's not annoying for me after all.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this is a odd bug then… Maybe it is due my outdated version? (Vers. 23.4.0-02b19a5) Should test it with the latest version? Maybe it is then fixed, even when it's not annoying for me after all.
Yes, you should update, and re-follow the widescreen steps, if TWLMenu++ itself is in widescreen as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my 3ds using universal updater just now, and I discovered another bug, I went into the quit menu several times on nsmb, and after about the third time, I could not open the quit menu, and there was no sound in the game.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the proper way to update Twilight on a DSi? Just download new version, drag and drop onto SD Card?

Forget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have problem with the box art. the box art not shown. instead, the rotating cube just stop playing or just dissapear. why? ( my english is not good,sorry)
i was in 3ds light theme.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have problem with the box art. the box art not shown. instead, the rotating cube just stop playing or just dissapear. why? ( my english is not good,sorry)
Is box art enabled in the settings menu?
If so, there's a weird bug going around that's causing this, and is unknown how to be fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme