Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Chinese version of "Super Mario 64ds" I played cannot read the archive in Sav format after Twilight update 😢 I hope to fix it in the next version (I don't know English, so I used goole translation)
Which version did it last work properly in?

haoye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I hope to add support for reading txt text (such as utf8 or gbk2312)
Post automatically merged:

The Chinese version of "Super Mario 64ds" I played cannot read the archive in Sav format after Twilight update 😢 I hope to fix it in the next version (I don't know English, so I used goole translation)
In version v25.10.0, it is still possible to read Sav archives normally

Which version did it last work properly in?
In version v25.10.0, it is still possible to read Sav archives normally

In version v25.10.0, it is still possible to read Sav archives normally(Sorry, I don't understand English, so I'm not very familiar with the reply method on this website)

Last edited by haoye,

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Noob here; is it normal that when I select "Quit Game" from the in-game menu it throws me back to the 3DS home screen instead of the TWiLight Menu? Also I'm using the 3DS theme, and there's a bunch of icons at the top, some of them crash with an error -2 when I try to click them, am I missing some apps?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here; is it normal that when I select "Quit Game" from the in-game menu it throws me back to the 3DS home screen instead of the TWiLight Menu?
That happens sometimes. If you're using an O3DS/O2DS though, it happens consistently, so there's nothing that can be done.
Also I'm using the 3DS theme, and there's a bunch of icons at the top, some of them crash with an error -2 when I try to click them, am I missing some apps?
Yes, you are. Follow this guide to add them: https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/download-play-pictochat

Reactions: Searinox

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've followed the instructions and dumped my Download Play NDS ROM and placed it in _nds as dlplay.nds but when I try to launch it from the menu all I get is a white screen that lasts indefinitely. I checked the ROM on a DS emulator and it launches properly, just not in TWiLight. I then went ahead and acquired another ROM from a different source with the same results(works on emulator, white screens on TWiLight).

After that I acquired pictochat.nds from 2 different sources, one being the CIA from which I trimmed the instructed bytes and renamed. I compared the two pictochat.nds files and also with the dlplay.nds to make sure they were both starting with the same header format - that is, that the very first bytes were the app name and then the 4-letter code was in the exact same place. This ROM won't launch properly in an emulator and just white screens, unfortunately it also does the same thing on TWiLight.

So in conclusion both Pictochat and Download Play don't work.

This issue somehow fixed itself overnight despite me doing no file operations, no installs, SD card manipulation, FTP transfers, updates, anything it just simply somehow fixed itself and both apps work now. I'm at a total loss but... yay?

Last edited by Searinox,

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
More information is needed. What happens, exactly?
the game start and then…. (tested with Donkey Kong (japan).FDS)
IMG_0831.jpeg

Last edited by nitrozz,

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Last edited by nitrozz,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no change whatsoever.
but, if you reload in file menu it’s work :wacko:

Edit:
i found a solution
download from this post nesds13c+
https://gbatemp.net/threads/updates-about-nesds.283008/post-10239438

rename nesds13+.nds to nestwl.nds and copy it twilight emulator folder overwrite existing file.

dont forget to get disksys.rom on root
That's strange. I'm pretty sure the build from that page is also on GitHub (and has the same instructions), so idk why that didn't work.

solidgui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hii,sooo,after the latest twilight menu update,I wasan't able to boot Mario 64 ds (usa) (rev1) anymore,it just gives a White screen,and I've tried with all possible configurations

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hii,sooo,after the latest twilight menu update,I wasan't able to boot Mario 64 ds (usa) (rev1) anymore,it just gives a White screen,and I've tried with all possible configurations
It still works for me on DSi & 3DS. Try re-adding/re-dumping the ROM.
If the issue persists, try deleting the "patchOffsetCache" in "sd:/_nds/nds-bootstrap/".
If it still persists, try re-installing:
  1. https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/uninstalling-ds or https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/uninstalling-3ds
  2. https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/installing

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have slot 1 access and can load off flashcart etc but the saves to SD option doesn’t seem to be working. I have set it in the options but I’m not sure if there’s more I need to do?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have slot 1 access and can load off flashcart etc but the saves to SD option doesn’t seem to be working. I have set it in the options but I’m not sure if there’s more I need to do?
The folder structure on the SD card needs to be the same as on the flashcard.
For example, if the game is in "/roms/nds/" on the flashcard, "/roms/nds/" also needs to exist on the SD card.

Reactions: kineticUk

VitorMG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello! First of all, thank you very much for this amazing tool.

My question today is, if I open an NDS game via the icon on the 3ds home screen generated by the NDS Forwarder, will I still be getting the 133 Mhz and 48 KHz options activated via the TWiLight Menu++? Or do I have to open the games via the TWiLight Menu++ to get those activated?

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1