Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's firmware though, not a ROM.
why cant we just force the 3ds to boot out of this setting and into the ds home menu though

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why cant we just force the 3ds to boot out of this setting and into the ds home menu though
like a emunand

it looks like it is either edited firm or it is somehow skipping the boot from the 3ds app to the ds counter part

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this is any help but you can boot into the ds wifi settings and it looks to me that is is native ds

from the wifi settings you click on ds conection settings and it seems to boot up a part of the ds system
Adding to that, DS Download Play. Which looks to me like an edited firmware file.

Nintendo4DSXL

Pokémon-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

like a emunand

it looks like it is either edited firm or it is somehow skipping the boot from the 3ds app to the ds counter part
You can inject an .nds file to the internet settings. Just rename .nds to .app it works with dsiware like Sudoku for Sudokuhax

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's firmware though, not a ROM.
What if we get it to boot a flashcart firmware? Which would then allow us to boot into DS roms.

Adding to that, DS Download Play. Which looks to me like an edited firmware file.
I would think the WiFi settings would be a better bet than Download Play, as Download Play doesn't actually save anything on the system.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with injecting it in the DS Internet Settings is that the size of the partition is only 140mb big
If it's another firmware we would inject, isn't the R4i firmware pretty small in size?

If we can inject a ROM though (although it's been stated it can't), most games are smaller than 100mb anyways.

Reactions: CeeDee

Nintendo4DSXL

Pokémon-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what games or app can access this screen though?
I have actual only the Sudokuhax injected.
Later i will test to get PictoChat working

If it's another firmware we would inject, isn't the R4i firmware pretty small in size?

If we can inject a ROM though (although it's been stated it can't), most games are smaller than 100mb anyways.
The original app is 3mb big and i dont know roms can be bigger then that Pictochat is 1 or 2mb and Sudoku 3mb too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1