Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While there hasn't been any evidence thus far to prove that games can be ran off of the SD card, I have faith that someone will find a way.
So far, this has definitely been more promising than that one, really silly attempt to emulate DS games on 3DS.

Said "really silly attempt to emulate DS games on 3DS" might actually be viable if/when GPU acceleration can be sorted out, that being said a native solution will be better in many ways.

Reactions: Deleted User

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Another big milestone reached!

First successful card init without external hardware. I even boot hbmenu without a card inserted at all at first. :D

Details in the video. Still some bugs to work out but ahezard has gone to bed so for now that's the best I got. I pushed the changes to my fork of NTR Launcher on my github. ;)

Credit goes to ahezard for making the card reset code. I just reorganized it a little and figured out what the current limitation of it is.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

TheGreek Boy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Greece

First successful card init without external hardware. I even boot hbmenu without a card inserted at all at first. :D

Details in the video. Still some bugs to work out but ahezard has gone to bed so for now that's the best I got. I pushed the changes to my fork of NTR Launcher on my github. ;)

YES VERY GOOD WORK!! KEEP IT UP DEVS

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So one thing I'm curious about regarding these developments -- does the TWL_firm patch mean that I can load DSi games in DSi-enhanced mode with my DSTWO? Or am I way off base.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. If you can remap DSi BIOS and go back into TWL mode first. You'd have to create a whole new rom loader to do this. Ahezard might implement DSi Enhanced game support when he rebuilds hbmenu with retail rom support. Perhaps that will be a secondary goal. But this will be months way. Current rom loaders do not parse the DSi Extended sections of these games so you can't currently take advantage of the DSi Enhanced features of DSi Enhanced games.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

@Robz8
It will possible to use cheats via nitrohax with your forwarders?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: