Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Rodrigo Sousa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh this gives me hype, cause I have a DSI XL, but I didn't got any games that made me want to play the system, and most of the games I wanted weren't avaible in my area. So this give me hype just thinking I can play NDS Pokémons (I only have got SoulSilver and Heartgold)

shadowfocus603

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, is it really that big of a deal to wait just a week longer? I mean, we've waited for MONTHS for any substantial progress to be made. Be hyped, but calm yourselves down everyone.
Are you serious? A lot of the people on this board couldn't even wait to go online on an unreleased game. Waiting doesn't seem to be a strong point with a lot of folks. A lot of them got themselves banned and a lot of them will be the ones bricking for messing with stuff before it's ready. I'm content watching this and seeing how it turns out. Once it's up and running then I will give it a go.

Feryth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? A lot of the people on this board couldn't even wait to go online on an unreleased game. Waiting doesn't seem to be a strong point with a lot of folks. A lot of them got themselves banned and a lot of them will be the ones bricking for messing with stuff before it's ready. I'm content watching this and seeing how it turns out. Once it's up and running then I will give it a go.
I get that you're trying to make a point, but the way you just said that sounded like talking shit, which I'm not sure is the proper way of going about that.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Tbh this gives me hype, cause I have a DSI XL, but I didn't got any games that made me want to play the system, and most of the games I wanted weren't avaible in my area. So this give me hype just thinking I can play NDS Pokémons (I only have got SoulSilver and Heartgold)

Don't hold your breath for using this to play games on a DSi without a flashcard. The only plausible entrypoints we have on the DSi right now are DSiWare hax, and you can't switch to NTR mode from within them which would greatly limit compatibility IIRC.

shadowfocus603

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that you're trying to make a point, but the way you just said that sounded like talking shit, which I'm not sure is the proper way of going about that.
I fail to see where what I said can be interpreted as "talking shit" as you put it. I simply made a reply to Alex658's comment. He asked if it was hard for people to wait for things. I cited irrevocable proof that happened just over a month ago that proved that waiting for anything is not among a great many peoples capabilities.

Feryth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fail to see where what I said can be interpreted as "talking shit" as you put it. I simply made a reply to Alex658's comment. He asked if it was hard for people to wait for things. I cited irrevocable proof that happened just over a month ago that proved that waiting for anything is not among a great many peoples capabilities.
Yeah, but I don't really see the reason behind your response, other than to call a bunch of people impatient.

Rodrigo Sousa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like what I just said wasn't fully understood...

This project is for running roms without a flashcard on the 3DS. It will be much more difficult on the DSi for many reasons.
Yes, I want exactly that, roms without a flashcard on the 3DS, it was one of the biggest reasons I bought myself a 2DS after years of hype for new games/Pokémon...
I know play roms on a DSi without flashcard is hard, I though of getting one, but I can't find a portuguese store.

Feryth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who gave the Christmas day release date? @shutterbug2000 ? Is he any relation to @ahezard or did he just compile what was available on a public Github just like what we did now, post it on YouTube and then pull a "release date" out of his ass to troll us with?
From what I can tell, I think shutterbug is pretty legit.

Reactions: Deleted User

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who gave the Christmas day release date? @shutterbug2000 ? Is he any relation to @ahezard or did he just compile what was available on a public Github just like what we did now, post it on YouTube and then pull a "release date" out of his ass to troll us with?

upload_2016-12-18_13-47-3.png

Yeah no.

SeanStar555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you took one glance at the github you'd be able to tell this is a legitimate attempt. Shutterbug's collaboration is significant.

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Welp, sorry about that. :mellow:

But I still find it hard to believe it'll out in a week when it struggles to run a trailer demo at full speed. Is that Github up to date, or are you use a different build?

Good luck, anyhow. This intreges me to say the least, and I'm looking forward to trying it out, even if it's not 100% finished.

shutterbug2000

Cubic NINJHAX!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, sorry about that. :mellow:

But I still find it hard to believe it'll out in a week when it struggles to run a trailer demo at full speed. Is that Github up to date, or are you use a different build?

Good luck, anyhow. This intreges me to say the least, and I'm looking forward to trying it out, even if it's not 100% finished.

Streaming data was always going to be much more slow. I'm pretty sure slot-2 cards struggled with that sort of thing.

There's no avoiding some delay, but in a normal game it'll happen during load screens(they'll just take longer)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
So no lag during gameplay? That's a fair trade-off. Can the 3DS use it's 128MB of RAM in DS mode? IIC, most DS games were around 250MB or so.

In DSi/DS backwards compatibility mode it can get 16MB of main memory at most. However the 16MB (DSi/TWL) mode would cause issues in DS/NTR games because they expect to have a mirror of main memory at the addresses taken up by the additional RAM. So, that's not going to be usable.

But what would that RAM even be used for? If you're asking about implementing a cache, I'm no developer, but I'd look into using the additional ~800KB of WRAM the DSi has for that purpose well after the basics of ROM loading are down.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop