DSi Browser Exploit Found

1673367748386.png

Last night Nathan Farlow released "stylehax", a new exploit for the DSi which uses the web browser.

With the DSi web browser being on most DSi consoles, this will greatly benefit users who don't have Flipnote Studio installed and can't load the Memory Pit exploit due to broken cameras. View the source code for the exploit here: https://github.com/nathanfarlow/stylehax

In order to run the exploit just place "boot.nds" on the root on your SD card and then load http://stylehax.net/ in the browser*.

*note that it often freezes. The DS(i) Mode Hacking! server on discord has found that loading opera:about or http://google.com/ before stylehax will (usually) fix any freezing. Also remember to give it 30 or more seconds to load.

Last edited by rvtr,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wasn't the browser preinstalled on later consoles only? The XL variant came with Brain Age, Flitnote Studio the browser and some more, but the earlier non-XL models had no preinstalled DSiWare at all if I remember correctly.

Of course one could have downloaded some stuff from the shop back then… sadly many people didn't and now even free apps aren't accessible anymore. %"§/$* defunct shop!

Still: More exploits are always good, and while Memory Pit is the single most convenient entry point one can think of, as you said: hardware problems can make it unusable.

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wasn't the browser preinstalled on later consoles only? The XL variant came with Brain Age, Flitnote Studio the browser and some more, but the earlier non-XL models had no preinstalled DSiWare at all if I remember correctly.
I've got a non-XL unit (1.4.3U) and that has the browser installed. Not sure if all are like that, but enough are to make it useful.

Also I heard the browser is still available for download on the japanese shop so there's that too.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States

Of course one could have downloaded some stuff from the shop back then… sadly many people didn't and now even free apps aren't accessible anymore. %"§/$* defunct shop!

Still: More exploits are always good, and while Memory Pit is the single most convenient entry point one can think of, as you said: hardware problems can make it unusable.
iirc it was never pre-installed in Japan, however it is still on the Shop in Japan last I checked so for Japanese console's there's that

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am genuinely curious why this wasn't up on the front page. This is a big thing.

That said, very few people owned a DSi. Still cool but... I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of people who currently own one on this site could be counted on a single hand.

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
OP
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
There are many more people who own DSis than you might think. Just take a stroll down to the NDS section and you'll see dozens of hands worth of DSi threads.

Nearly everyone I know owns a DSi, there are thousands of people across other forums who own DSis, and there's constantly new DS/DSi homebrew being created (such as wavemotion's tons of emulators lol). The DSi community is very much alive.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There are many more people who own DSis than you might think. Just take a stroll down to the NDS section and you'll see dozens of hands worth of DSi threads.

Nearly everyone I know owns a DSi, there are thousands of people across other forums who own DSis, and there's constantly new DS/DSi homebrew being created (such as wavemotion's tons of emulators lol). The DSi community is very much alive.

As a person who owns a DSi, this is very much true.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I am genuinely curious why this wasn't up on the front page. This is a big thing.

That said, very few people owned a DSi. Still cool but... I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of people who currently own one on this site could be counted on a single hand.

Seriously? My guess is your wrong.

Reactions: rvtr

x65943

translation implies the existence of cislation
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? My guess is your wrong.
I got two DSis in my house, those things sold like mad - some 40 million units

That's like twice as much as the GameCube

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?