NEW UPDATE AT DSIBREW.

Incomplete - 10
Done - 11
DSiWare which probably aren't exploitable - 32
Already have - 2
All total - 55

so far.....it's not looking good for another DSiWare Exploit
unsure.gif

however....save your points for possibly one of these titles...as Twiizers analysis is "incomplete"...which means there might be a exploit
wink.gif

Academy: Tic-Tac-Toe
Advanced Circuits
Art Academy: First Semester
Army Defender
Crystal Monsters
Field Runners
Frogger Returns
Guitar Rock Tour
Legends of Exidia
UNO

most likely though (if Team Twiizers has any brains in their awesome skulls AT ALL,) not a peep is going to be said or updated about these games until the 3DS is out....

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has any progress been made for those of us luck enough to own a sudokuhaxed DSi ?
I'd like to try some more homebrew in DSi mode, I really hope somebody would release some DLDI drivers......

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
Has any progress been made for those of us luck enough to own a sudokuhaxed DSi ?
I'd like to try some more homebrew in DSi mode, I really hope somebody would release some DLDI drivers......

NEVER going to happen. It simply cannot. Current libfat uses ARM7, and on DSi ARM7 doesn't have access to SD card, only ARM9 does (or the other way round maybe). Basically, it is impossible to make old homebrew work with the SD card with a DLDI patch.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Arm73 said:

NEVER going to happen. It simply cannot. Current libfat uses ARM7, and on DSi ARM7 doesn't have access to SD card, only ARM9 does (or the other way round maybe). Basically, it is impossible to make old homebrew work with the SD card with a DLDI patch.

wouldn't be to sure about that just YET.

the creator of DSx86 says he is quite interested in this "sudokuhax" and didn't even know it existed! (until it got removed)

he states his interest here as "sudokuhax" is mentioned > http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=16...fe8509408b71ef0
tongue.gif

he doesn't have a sudokuhax'd DSi to test his work out on though...

but yes...you're right...

the Homebrew developers would have to rebuild around this....

however, most of them have sold out to Apple (ala : Colors!, and Puzzle Manaiak....) or have quit....

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SifJar said:
Arm73 said:

You are still talking about OLD homebrew, I was theoretically thinking about NEW homebrew or even not-so-old homebrew recompiled with newer libraries , or even new libs capable of using the ARM9 and somebody could write DLDI patches for the SD slot...
Saying NEVER, it's a little extreme on your part.
Like all the morons in the past few month yelling at n00bs asking for a DSi hack that apparently " nobody cared about " and here we are merely month later with those hacks being the talk of the day and full DSi capable cards ( iEVO ) being so hyped...
Stop being so negative, if every hacker would be so negative we'd still be playing games on the Wii with a Wiikey.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
wouldn't be to sure about that just YET.

the creator of DSx86 says he is quite interested in this "sudokuhax" and didn't even know it existed! (until it got removed)

he states his interest here as "sudokuhax" is mentioned > http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=16...fe8509408b71ef0
tongue.gif

he doesn't have a sudokuhax'd DSi to test his work out on though...

but yes...you're right...

the Homebrew developers would have to rebuild around this....

however, most of them have sold out to Apple (ala : Colors!, and Puzzle Manaiak....) or have quit....

What I said is completely true. There will NEVER be a DLDI patch for current DS homebrew. Much of your post is completely irrelevant.

QUOTE(Arm73 @ Feb 12 2011, 06:55 PM) You are still talking about OLD homebrew, I was theoretically thinking about NEW homebrew or even not-so-old homebrew recompiled with newer libraries , or even new libs capable of using the ARM9 and somebody could write DLDI patches for the SD slot...
Saying NEVER, it's a little extreme on your part.
Like all the morons in the past few month yelling at n00bs asking for a DSi hack that apparently " nobody cared about " and here we are merely month later with those hacks being the talk of the day and full DSi capable cards ( iEVO ) being so hyped...
Stop being so negative, if every hacker would be so negative we'd still be playing games on the Wii with a Wiikey.

You never said new homebrew. My point is that current homebrew can never be patched to work with DSi SD card. It has to be recompiled with updated libs.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SifJar said:

You never said new homebrew. My point is that current homebrew can never be patched to work with DSi SD card. It has to be recompiled with updated libs.

I completely agree with your point.
Do you agree with me, regarding the possibility of somebody writing some DLDI drivers for the SD slot using the arm9 processor ?
New libs, new homebrew ( or old homebrew recompiled with newer libs ) could/should theoretically work with the SD slot ?
A sort of homebrew channel for the DSi being theoretically possible with our newly found knowledge of DSi hacks ?
I was under the impression that you said it's never gonna happen.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
eeugh

IN SHORT :
ohmy.gif

all current DS Homebrew is going to have to be re-written to work with the DSi exploit sudokuhax

...and with the low turnout with people who really want to play enhanced homebrew (260ish) on their DSi and not pirate shit on it.... there will be little to no support.

I bet you if it could load ROMs the Twiizers "injection" server probably would have crashed.

and the numbers would have been in the 1,000's....such a shame

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
SifJar said:

Do you agree with me, regarding the possibility of somebody writing some DLDI drivers for the SD slot using the arm9 processor ?
New libs, new homebrew ( or old homebrew recompiled with newer libs ) could/should theoretically work with the SD slot ?
A sort of homebrew channel for the DSi being theoretically possible with our newly found knowledge of DSi hacks ?

DLDI system would be unnecessary for operation in DSi mode. Homebrew would most likely still support DLDI patches for support of flash carts and DS mode, but in DSi mode, there is only one possible device, so various patches aren't necessary. DLDI is only necessary because of the dozens of different cards, working in different ways. One common piece of code will work for ALL DSis.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Arm73 said:
SifJar said:

DLDI system would be unnecessary for operation in DSi mode. Homebrew would most likely still support DLDI patches for support of flash carts and DS mode, but in DSi mode, there is only one possible device, so various patches aren't necessary. DLDI is only necessary because of the dozens of different cards, working in different ways. One common piece of code will work for ALL DSis.

so if ONE person can effectively use a remade homebrew for the DSi sudokuhax, you're telling me that all the other homebrew developers would be able to use that code for their work?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
SifJar said:
Arm73 said:
SifJar said:

so if ONE person can effectively use a remade homebrew for the DSi sudokuhax, you're telling me that all the other homebrew developers would be able to use that code for their work?
Yes. As he said, DLDI patching is because of inconsistencies with homebrew-loading code. Since there is only one way are only two ways to load it on the DSi developers can just include the code for either or both.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Cyclos team had added something like the DSTWO (increased ram and cpu), might they have been able to use that in conjunction with the DSi's increased ram and CPU?

codeisle

Trophies
Website
www.codeisle.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I just wanted to report that I got dslibris working with Sudokuhax by building it with the latest libraries. I tried building other homebrew, but this is the only one I got to work so far (by the way, it hanged on the default book, so I had to delete it and insert one of my own epub books). I launched it via the latest hbmenu as the boot.nds (which is also working with Sudokuhax now).

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
codeisle said:
Hey. I just wanted to report that I got dslibris working with Sudokuhax by building it with the latest libraries. I tried building other homebrew, but this is the only one I got to work so far (by the way, it hanged on the default book, so I had to delete it and insert one of my own epub books). I launched it via the latest hbmenu as the boot.nds (which is also working with Sudokuhax now)

This would be pretty helpful had Sudoku not been removed from the DSiWare store (or is it back?) I guess you're one of the lucky ones.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
If the Cyclos team had added something like the DSTWO (increased ram and cpu), might they have been able to use that in conjunction with the DSi's increased ram and CPU?
They probably could have but it might have more overhead and could possibly not be worth it.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SifJar said:
Arm73 said:
SifJar said:

Forget about DLDI then....it was just my expression to describe a FAT driver of some sort, anything really that would allow homebrew to read/write to the SD slot.
Your explanation (from an accomplished programmer point of view ) makes it even easier.
We just need a proper driver, and every new or re-compiled homebrew should be able to use the SD slot ( like an emulator could load roms from the SD slot ).

The future looks bright, too bad flashcart makers and anybody associated with them will try to make it very hard for us ( or even impossible ) to use the SD slot because it could potentially render their expensive flashcart useless.

stanleyopar2000

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Arm73 said:
SifJar said:
Arm73 said:
SifJar said:

Forget about DLDI then....it was just my expression to describe a FAT driver of some sort, anything really that would allow homebrew to read/write to the SD slot.
Your explanation (from an accomplished programmer point of view ) makes it even easier.
We just need a proper driver, and every new or re-compiled homebrew should be able to use the SD slot ( like an emulator could load roms from the SD slot ).

The future looks bright, too bad flashcart makers and anybody associated with them will try to make it very hard for us ( or even impossible ) to use the SD slot because it could potentially render their expensive flashcart useless.

The Latest build of DSx86 works on Sudokuhax
biggrin.gif

Touch screen works and it works with a "filesystem" using the SD card
tongue.gif

the future looks bright indeed...for 250 people........
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu