DSiWare Exploit Sudokuhax

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried doing this (for the first time) and it's not working for me, I followed the instructions and Sudokuhax shows up on the SD menu on the DSi, but after I copy it over it just boots into EA Sudoku - I'm using lameboy as my boot nds.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mechagouki said:
I just tried doing this (for the first time) and it's not working for me, I followed the instructions and Sudokuhax shows up on the SD menu on the DSi, but after I copy it over it just boots into EA Sudoku - I'm using lameboy as my boot nds.
When did you download the Sudoku game? And when did you install the exploit (i.e. run the program on your computer)?

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded EA Sudoku the day before it was taken down. I only just ran the client software this afternoon, but the file on my SD card does say ''Sudokuhax" under Electronic Arts and has the red H A X letters in the empty boxes of the logo.

EDIT: nevermind, I didn't realise you had to press A to load the exploit, lameboy just hangs the DSi though, can someone point me to a list of homebrew that is known to be compatible?

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mechagouki said:
can someone point me to a list of homebrew that is known to be compatible?

That I know of, there's:

DSX86 v0.25
Bubble Fight EX
Waimanu DS v1.01
cQuake r37

EDIT: Can't forget Homebrew Menu v0.2.0. A must if you plan on running more than 1 homebrew from your SD card.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Update: 03/24/2011 USA Sudoku was updated and is now available on DSi shop again. EUR/AU Sudoku was not yet updated. On roughly 03/30/11, EUR/AU Sudoku was updated and is now available on DSi Shop. This update fixes all the Sudoku string bugs, and the game will check for Sudokuhax and delete it when detected. Sudokuhax is dead for this updated Sudoku version.

quote from Sudokuhax release page.

Jason5877

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i downloaded sudoku when Sudokuhax came out and had it working but i formated my system and could get all my dsiware back except for the sudoku as it was removed and could not copy it back onto my system from micro sd, now its back on for download again but they have fixed it, i downloaded it anyway and installed it, then copied the exploited version back onto my dsi and now i have it again. so if anyone else ever formats the system and looses it you can use the new one to install it and just copy the exploited version over it

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Just curious.
Is this dead now?
frown.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I think I read somewhere that all the save data transferred from an SD card is now checked properly in current firmware so no other hacks would ever be possible. Although I might have misinterpreted the info.

XCALIBIR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jason5877 said:
i downloaded sudoku when Sudokuhax came out and had it working but i formated my system and could get all my dsiware back except for the sudoku as it was removed and could not copy it back onto my system from micro sd, now its back on for download again but they have fixed it, i downloaded it anyway and installed it, then copied the exploited version back onto my dsi and now i have it again. so if anyone else ever formats the system and looses it you can use the new one to install it and just copy the exploited version over it

Hi, im very late on this hack and it might not be possible anymore to do this;however, i have an idea that it could still work but i need the Sudoku file (before it was patch) and the hacked version. Can u by any chance send it to me?

btw, i already purchased the game.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
XCALIBIR said:
Jason5877 said:

Hi, im very late on this hack and it might not be possible anymore to do this;however, i have an idea that it could still work but i need the Sudoku file (before it was patch) and the hacked version. Can u by any chance send it to me?

btw, i already purchased the game.
It won't work.

The game is encrypted (scrambled) on a per-system basis.

Big N is a step ahead of you!
tongue.gif

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Since the game has been removed, isn't there a way to still hack the dsi this way?
and when we play the game,is the save file there in the same directory as thd game is in?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if I have the Sudoku Hax installed, does it mean I can't update my DSi?..

EDIT: Apologies for necro bump..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...