Dune: Part Two

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:unsure: Did you clean the sink [especially the handles] before and after using it to wash you hands? :mellow:

And then there's the part about touching the door handle. :mellow:
When I had to do this to a medical standard, so I could give my partner IV antibiotics at home, the official method I was taught was to use a clean paper towel to turn the tap ("faucet" for merkins) on and off. Elbow or possibly paper towel again for door handles.

In normal life I use my sleeve for public door handles. For taps in public bathrooms, hopefully they're automatic, or designed so you can use an elbow or something.

Reactions: AncientBoi

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw it and thought it was a bit of a mess. The timeline was weird and I'm not sure how anyone who didn't read the book would have any idea what was going on.

Stilgar and Feyd were good though.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BIG IF TRUE
FB_IMG_1711496513735.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sadly, no. It's what Jodorowsky's Dune would have been, had it ever came to pass.

I'm still disappointed in Walken (well, I'm disappointed in many things about Dune: part deux, but I came across this video and got even further disappointed). Once upon a time he flounced quite merrily to Dune references set to electronic music.

If only he'd brought even 10% of this energy to his performance in the movie. But no.

Reactions: hippy dave

AlexMiller15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don’t know about you, but I liked it, although I haven’t read the books yet, realizing the experience with Harry Potter, I think not everything is as rosy as it seems

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of the most boring shit I've seen. Mostly just talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk talk.

splaca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I thought it was quite good, and aesthetically very beautiful!

I hope they adapt the series further but this felt like a satisfying "end of chapter" -- the two films end up adapting the entirety of the first book, is that right?

The first film made me want to know more, and this one made me want to read at least the first book.

Just saw it and thought it was a bit of a mess. The timeline was weird and I'm not sure how anyone who didn't read the book would have any idea what was going on.

Really, how so? I haven't read any of it yet but did not feel like it was hard to follow at all. He even takes a bit of time here and there to reiterate some things that are revealed in the first film. Plus, there are many audiovisual cues to reinforce the textual information.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just seen it.

It's shit.

I won't be taking questions at this time.

So I've seen a whole bunch of reviews and stuff about the movie and the reactions are overwhelmingly positive, praising the cinematography as so much better than the first movie, and praising the story and how "faithful" it is to the novel and how "good" the adaptation is... and I'm just here like, did I watch the wrong movie by mistake?

Has anyone else had a chance to see it? Thoughts?

Watched it over the weekend. It seemed to deviate more from the book than the first half, particularly with Paul's reluctance to "go South" and fulfill his destiny, that whole business about Northern Fremen being of a more sophisticated and liberal strain and the Southern ones being "fundamentalists," and Chani's resistance to Paul doing what he had to do. I don't remember any of those narratives in the book. Also, they made Stilgar look like a dumbass.

But, in terms of costumes, settings, tech, and visuals, it was pretty satisfying. Of course the Fremen in the movie(s) are never as disciplined with their stillsuits as in the books, but it's a movie, need to see the actors' faces, I get it.

Dune.Part.Two.2024.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.AAC-InMemoryOfEVO.mkv

Supposedly legit. The notification I got says "Slightly better copy should be out on 16th April" fwiw

That's the one I watched. Looked great, but looking forward to a 4k version.

Subs timed for that release are here, various languages available (including English if you find the dialogue too quiet after you adjust the volume to be reasonable during loud explosions, etc.)

https://www. elsubtitle .com/title/tt15239678/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...