yaynds.gif
(imagine it with a wii LOL)

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I don't think it has anything to do what brand is the DVD... Verbatim, Sony or anything else.. I've tried 4 different brands and they all work, but I use Verbatim simply because it's the cheapest...

Sony : 10DVD Cakebox : 15.90€

Verbatim : 50DVD Cakebox : 17.90€ ( Something like 20$ )

biggrin.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Not here in Be.

We got special taxes on it:

Verbatim 16X 50pc.
1x = € 49.20

Most DVD-R or DVD+R are around those prices here.

Because of the special tax, most foreign shops don't ship empty dvd media to Belgium, there afraid the'll have to pay a much higher ticket if the get caughed

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wtf that's expensive shit. Well.. It costs around 40€ for 50pcs Verbatim 16X DVD-R media aswell in here.. But I can order them from Estonia for dirt cheap.. Well there's 7€ shipping fees but still.. It's atleast 50% cheaper.

Also, look at here. On the Shipping Info page it says they ship to Belgium, it's 28€ for 100DVD Cakebox. Not sure of shipping costs though.. But can't be that much..

Same applies for topic starter since they ship to Netherlands too if you want to order online instead of picking up some from a shop.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Distrance said:
Wtf that's expensive shit. Well.. It costs around 40€ for 50pcs Verbatim 16X DVD-R media aswell in here.. But I can order them from Estonia for dirt cheap.. Well there's 7€ shipping fees but still.. It's atleast 50% cheaper.

Also, look at here. On the Shipping Info page it says they ship to Belgium, it's 28€ for 100DVD Cakebox. Not sure of shipping costs though.. But can't be that much..

Same applies for topic starter since they ship to Netherlands too if you want to order online instead of picking up some from a shop.

QUOTECannot be delivered to:

Dear customer!

Due to special designations,
that apply to certain products and countries,
we do not deliver recordable or rewritable
audio-visual media to Belgium, Austria.
We apologise for any inconvenience!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
WiiPower said:
EddyWally said:
WiiPower said:
Distrance said:
Forget about the ciOS:es and everything. Go to nearest shop, now. Buy one or more of DVD-R and try it. See for yourself that it works. +R rarely works, and same goes for RW.

I have all my games at DVD+R and thy work, i think people think DVD+R rarely works, because it's true(when you don't use bitsetting).

So,I can burn them on DVD+R?
I'm confused now.

You can, but you have to set the booktype to dvd-rom.

why you guys like to confuse the newbies with the Whole DVD+r and set booktype to so and so and use bitsettings ....etc , just tell them use a good quality media DVD-r and you are set , nice simple and clean , and enjoy your games
wink.gif

aceplayer97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same problem a couple weeks ago. I was using DVD-RW and they did not work. I went out and bought a pack of Verbatim for $15 and all my backups work perfectly now. Just buy Verbatim DVD-R or even Memorex DVD-R

TriLLioN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going to Amazon and buying some Verbatims, and I thought that some brands are the best for the Backup Launcher.
I've used TDKs and only some of the discs work, I'd say about 1/3 of my burnt games. But once I used Verbatims, they worked 100%
biggrin.gif

Also, download Active ISO Burner and burn your iso to your disc at 8x speed.
smile.gif
8x had worked best for me so far. Hope this helps!

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alot of media compatibility issues is not the fault of the wii or the burner and or burning software...
it's that of the user...
you have to upgrade the firmware of your drive....

NOTE: Not ll drives have updated firmware in that case research crossflashing....
Or get a newer drive!!!

-kitt050383

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wtf o.O.. That site certainly says on shipping information that they do ship to Belgium...

Meh well.. That's weird :/. I guess you can try Amazon then ?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
BIG MOE said:

why you guys like to confuse the newbies with the Whole DVD+r and set booktype to so and so and use bitsettings ....etc , just tell them use a good quality media DVD-r and you are set , nice simple and clean , and enjoy your games
wink.gif

For instans, Some Wii's don't like DVD-R
smile.gif

1 of my Wii's doesn't like DVD-R that much (Verbatim/philips/sony/hp/emtec/tdk/etc...)
But whenever i use a DVD+R (Verbatim/tdk/sony/emtec/other cheap brands/...) it works flawless in this Wii
My BenQ DC DQ60 uses booktype settings
My Optiarc (can't remmeber the typr out of my head, it's like 3 months old) and Pioneer DVR-111D not
All DVD+R media burned with those burners work perfect in that Wii but not in the other

the other Wii doesn't like DVD+R, even Verbatims with booktype set
All DVD-R media (Verbatim/tdk/sony/emtec/other cheap brands/...) burned (with the same burners as above) works perfect in this Wii but not in the other Wii.

So it's not only the good quality media that counts.

The burners uses latest FW and except of the pioneer and Benq the optiarc is brand new

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the cheapest dvd -r media I can find.....out of the 365 disks I burned only about 25 of them don't work. I have used memorex , TDK , and Gigaware. Some games oddly and this is very rare , still need to be patched though even if your using the gamma loader. I reecntly had to patch one I forget which one it is now though , but that got it to work.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Youll get alot of debate on best burning speeds. It varies based on your burner and wii. start at the fastest your drive can support and work your way down from there until you find the speed that works best with your set-up. Some find 2 or 4x to be best others like myself burn at 16x with no issues. its all in the hardware setup. So test different speeds run them through dvd-info and whichever has the fewest errors is the speed for you.

tracker11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using datasafe dvd-r and im getting the same error with tomb raider underworld, does anyone change any settings before playing? i tried using the region free loader for a pal game with a pal console?

EDIT:also someone mentioned something about games have to be patched to be able to use them, what does this mean?

EddyWally

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
tracker11 said:
im using datasafe dvd-r and im getting the same error with tomb raider underworld, does anyone change any settings before playing? i tried using the region free loader for a pal game with a pal console?

EDIT:also someone mentioned something about games have to be patched to be able to use them, what does this mean?
I think you have to patch your games,unless you have Wiigator 3.Gamma.

tracker11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EddyWally said:
tracker11 said:

I think you have to patch your games,unless you have Wiigator 3.Gamma.

whats wiigator 3 gamma? im new to homebrew as of today,haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1