ED64 Plus... my impressions. Any Owners around here?

benthebrilliant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Man that was an adventure.

Okay so I got 1.29 working (used wayback machine to get an older version), but it wouldn't load any games. I take the SD card out to check what's wrong, but the SD card has completely stopped working. I dunno if this was from 1.29 or just because the SD card was some fake chinese one. I had been using it for like a week at this point so I was pretty far into a few games. The only option I had was to format it, so I did. I put 1.28 back on from the CD supplied with the cartridge, and SOMEHOW Banjo-Tooie works now. All it took was losing a weeks progress ;) Just thought I'd put this here in case anyone else has this problem.

Edit: I actually think it might have been the file format? The Banjo-Tooie rom that came with the ED64P was .z64, so I put an .n64 version on and it worked. I guess that must have been the problem.

Last edited by benthebrilliant,
Reactions: zfreeman

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Banjo-Tooie is running without a patch? And, for the record, are you using Alt64? I feel like there's more than one 1.28 floating around. I'd test it myself if I could.

barryn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an ED64plus and I am having a strange issue. I can run any game one time, but then if I either press reset or power off the N64 next time I try to run a game it stops at a black screen after the loading progress bar disappears. If I then turn off the N64, remove the cartridge, take out the SD card, and delete ED64P\ROM.DAT it will work again one time. I have to delete ED64P\ROM.DAT every time before I play a game. I have contacted the seller and the manufacturer with this issue today. I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this and what they might have done to fix it.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought one of these clone ed64 plus flashcard the one with the CIC chip installed so no piggy back game needed. I don't care what anyone said about this card its awesome works perfectly and plays every game without a hitch including 64dd games and GoldenEye X. I love this cart and I have since bought 2 more for my son and a friend of mine both also work perfectly. So before you go spending 200 dollars on a everdrive 64 or 64drive give this cart a shot I paid 64.99usd for mine off of amazon and could never be happier oh and it came with a 8gb SD card with every n64 game already installed that's a really nice surprise

maurisso

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great Post guys!!!

I have the follow trouble:
I bought ED64 plus with 8gb SD, than I check it and all is working fine, than I decidet to put on the SD my collection of games, but almost all of them do not working it lunch in dark screen so that I have to reboot the N64...

My question is I need to patch the ROM and how?
Does anybody have a download link of a working iSD card with all the original ROM?

Awaiting your kind responce... Happy gaming.

Mauro

link1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great Post guys!!!

I have the follow trouble:
I bought ED64 plus with 8gb SD, than I check it and all is working fine, than I decidet to put on the SD my collection of games, but almost all of them do not working it lunch in dark screen so that I have to reboot the N64...

My question is I need to patch the ROM and how?
Does anybody have a download link of a working iSD card with all the original ROM?

Awaiting your kind responce... Happy gaming.

Mauro

Try format Your sd card to fat32 and 32kb and all should be fine ;p I know because I have that same problem ;p

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OK so i received mine (enhanced with cic built in.) It worked great for the first day but after trying to load carmageddon it was stuck on black screen i restarted my n64 and the cartridge wouldnt be detected anymore. Regular games still work fine.currently waiting for a reply from the seller. Ive sent him video's showing its not working. Doesnt turn on without sdcard inserted either. Ill keep you Guys posted

maurisso

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK so i received mine (enhanced with cic built in.) It worked great for the first day but after trying to load carmageddon it was stuck on black screen i restarted my n64 and the cartridge wouldnt be detected anymore. Regular games still work fine.currently waiting for a reply from the seller. Ive sent him video's showing its not working. Doesnt turn on without sdcard inserted either. Ill keep you Guys posted

Try to format the SD again.

--
Sent by iPhone w/Tapatalk

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried formatting it but no succes. I also tried booting without sdcard inserted. But nothing. Can someone confirm their card does anything on screen without an SD inserted?

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The seller has asked me to return the ed64plus to him and he's going to pay me back the shipping costs. I'll let you guys know how this ends.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very disappointed that so many of you won't buy from krikzz.com and instead you buy a cheap Chinese knockoff to save a few bucks. Version 2.5 is 110$ now since v3 released which is much better then the version 1 everdrive 64 knockoff. You get a lifetime limited warranty (if if can be fixed by resoldering new chips he will do it forever) and a 1 year replacement warranty vs no warranty for the junk. You get constant updates with fixes as there are still some problems with certain games and features and none of you will be able to update to fix it.

Guys support the original manufacture as he makes Everdrive for every console, if everyone stops buying his product what incentive does he have to make more everdrives like the newly released everdrive GBA which requires no patching.

Hope none of you create anything popular and have it copied by the Chinese with substandard matierals. The solder is known to corrode causing the cart to fail, krikzz uses better parts and manufacturing techniques and he actually supports and has pride in his products unlike every Chinese cart on the market.

Krikzz forums are full or idiots who purchased this junk that broke and think it was manufactured by him giving krikzz bad name.

When will you all understand supporting teams that just steal hardware designs should not be supported. Why are krikzz Everdrive more expensive? He spent thousands if not 10's of thousands of hours getting these designed from scratch , he uses top notch manufacturing while the Chinese took a day to copy it and modify the os and use substandard manufacturing have zero ethics and use corrodeing solder.

I bet y'all also just dump the entire library and own no legit games, that's the only way I see all of you would buy this junk just to save a few bucks and possibly fund the Chinese mafia.... Gj

stoneagegamer.com has deluxe versions which are really expensive (I have every deluxe everdrive legit from stone age gamer) but they also sell just the board with shell for cheaper than krikzz and is an official reseller, just make sure to find the regular cart version. Stone age gamer also has rewards, my free everdrive GBA will show up in a week which requires no patching of ROMs unlike the Chinese junk which they will eventually copy and you people with no conscience will continue to buy the crap.

When these bootleg everdrive64 fail due shoddy soldering material and cold solder cracks don't come running to krikzz forums like so many do.

Reactions: cvskid

LuigiGold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Very disappointed that so many of you won't buy from krikzz.com and instead you buy a cheap Chinese knockoff to save a few bucks. Version 2.5 is 110$ now since v3 released which is much better then the version 1 everdrive 64 knockoff. You get a lifetime limited warranty (if if can be fixed by resoldering new chips he will do it forever) and a 1 year replacement warranty vs no warranty for the junk. You get constant updates with fixes as there are still some problems with certain games and features and none of you will be able to update to fix it.

Guys support the original manufacture as he makes Everdrive for every console, if everyone stops buying his product what incentive does he have to make more everdrives like the newly released everdrive GBA which requires no patching.

Hope none of you create anything popular and have it copied by the Chinese with substandard matierals. The solder is known to corrode causing the cart to fail, krikzz uses better parts and manufacturing techniques and he actually supports and has pride in his products unlike every Chinese cart on the market.

Krikzz forums are full or idiots who purchased this junk that broke and think it was manufactured by him giving krikzz bad name.

When will you all understand supporting teams that just steal hardware designs should not be supported. Why are krikzz Everdrive more expensive? He spent thousands if not 10's of thousands of hours getting these designed from scratch , he uses top notch manufacturing while the Chinese took a day to copy it and modify the os and use substandard manufacturing have zero ethics and use corrodeing solder.

I bet y'all also just dump the entire library and own no legit games, that's the only way I see all of you would buy this junk just to save a few bucks and possibly fund the Chinese mafia.... Gj

stoneagegamer.com has deluxe versions which are really expensive (I have every deluxe everdrive legit from stone age gamer) but they also sell just the board with shell for cheaper than krikzz and is an official reseller, just make sure to find the regular cart version. Stone age gamer also has rewards, my free everdrive GBA will show up in a week which requires no patching of ROMs unlike the Chinese junk which they will eventually copy and you people with no conscience will continue to buy the crap.

When these bootleg everdrive64 fail due shoddy soldering material and cold solder cracks don't come running to krikzz forums like so many do.
Everyone can do with his money anything he want.

Perhaps Krikzz doesn´t copy former N64 or other flashcarts?

Remenber that these device are for play ROMs, so are not approved by Nintendo. ARE ILLEGAL. Clone or not clone, are illegal...

I understand that Krikzz put this expensive also for the materials that he uses, but you must understand that Krikzz is also a bloodsucker (both chinese reseller and Krikzz, I´m not defending anyone).

And tells you an owner of an Everdrive GB.

Greetings.

Reactions: poulso and TUWieZ
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Okay we get it, you're pretentious and have a lot of disposable income. Some of us aren't so lucky.

I know a legitimate everdrive is cheaper than buying every game you'd ever want for a particular console, but do you know what is also cheaper? Not buying any games in the first place.

All frivolous purchases like entertainment have to have their cost justified if someone doesn't have the money to spare. That is the reason these clones exist in the first place.

Reactions: TUWieZ

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you take into consideration that the difference between v2 and v3 is the RTC battery taken from one game's custom cart idea; Doubutsu no Mori (Animal crossing 64), I'd rather take my chances waiting on other revisions that take ideas from custom carts. Chances are v4 will take the 56k modem from Morita Shogi 64 and v5 will take the pass-through cartridge connector idea from the ED64P for save dumping from official nintendo carts.

(Yeah yeah, the idea of the pass through connector on the ed64p was taken from region free passthrough carts, gamesharks, and the z64)

Outsourcing with lower quality product is definitely a problem, but I don't think it's that 'mean' since krizz's N64 product line capitalizes on being incomplete. I love krizz; but the rehashing of products, especially products above the 100$ price margin is crazy. The idea that v1 or v2 buyers remorse should be the buyers fault for investing too soon is absurd.

Edit:
By the way if you actually see this krizz, I don't really mean "Add a 56k modem". Please use a more modern networking device than a 56k modem if you actually do plan to aid the communities interested in the creation of independent private servers for the few n64 devices with online functionality.

Last edited by TUWieZ,
Reactions: Monty Kensicle
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if you take into consideration that the difference between v2 and v3 is the RTC battery taken from one game's custom cart idea; Doubutsu no Mori (Animal crossing 64), I'd rather take my chances waiting on other revisions that take ideas from custom carts. Chances are v4 will take the 56k modem from Morita Shogi 64 and v5 will take the pass-through cartridge connector idea from the ED64P for save dumping from official nintendo carts.

(Yeah yeah, the idea of the pass through connector on the ed64p was taken from region free passthrough carts, gamesharks, and the z64)

Outsourcing with lower quality product is definitely a problem, but I don't think it's that 'mean' since krizz's N64 product line capitalizes on being incomplete. I love krizz; but the rehashing of products, especially products above the 100$ price margin is crazy. The idea that v1 or v2 buyers remorse should be the buyers fault for investing too soon is absurd.

Edit:
By the way if you actually see this krizz, I don't really mean "Add a 56k modem". Please use a more modern networking device than a 56k modem if you actually do plan to aid the communities interested in the creation of independent private servers for the few n64 devices with online functionality.
Exactly, I bought a ED GB when it first came out, I really want to buy an ED GBA but when I heard he will be putting out a budget version at some point and I don't want to spend more money than I have to.

Reactions: TUWieZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste