• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Elon promises to pay your legal bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'll believe it when I see it. It's not exactly common that he follows through on his promises.

He did follow-up on buying Twitter, despite how theatrical the process. I'm not claiming to know how the guy works, but if you only look at the list of his embellishments, underdelivery (or lack thereof), contradictions, and hyperbole--you can't see what promises he does follow through on. I'm not saying that you are wrong, but he does do stuff.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
He did follow-up on buying Twitter, despite how theatrical the process. I'm not claiming to know how the guy works, but if you only look at the list of his embellishments, underdelivery (or lack thereof), contradictions, and hyperbole--you can't see what promises he does follow through on. I'm not saying that you are wrong, but he does do stuff.
He was FORCED to buy Twitter...

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
He was FORCED to buy Twitter...

After he said he was going to. Lol. Kind of the point. He can be forced to keep promises. Look at the topic. Another promise. Is it something he'll do freely, or is it something that must be enforced, who knows until it happens?

Honestly I think he's fishing for a high profile case, fund that one, get kickback for winning. After precedent is established it becomes a cashcow-cakewalk. I think he could possibly get rich from this.

Last edited by tabzer,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
After he said he was going to. Lol. Kind of the point. He can be forced to keep promises. Look at the topic. Another promise. Is it something he'll do freely, or is it something that must be enforced, who knows until it happens?

Honestly I think he's fishing for a high profile case, fund that one, get kickback for winning. After precedent is established it becomes a cashcow-cakewalk. I think he could possibly get rich from this.
https://time.com/6196509/twitter-sues-elon-musk/ - I mean, it seemed like papers were signed already then he tried to pull out.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
https://time.com/6196509/twitter-sues-elon-musk/ - I mean, it seemed like papers were signed already then he tried to pull out.

I know about the theatrics, which is why I said "He did follow-up on buying Twitter, despite how theatrical the process"

He said he was going to buy Twitter. He bought Twitter. Promise kept.

Though - getting Twitter to sue in response, practically begging to be bought, was a good reveal for the people thinking Elon was bullying Twitter into a takeover nobody wanted. Whether that was his intention, or that it was an attempt at negotiating down the purchase price, I don't know.

Last edited by tabzer,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very few of them end up coming true I suppose is a better way of saying it.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Very few of them end up coming true I suppose is a better way of saying it.

I doubt the people counting his faults actually care how many promises he has kept, lol. I get the skepticism, but if you are really a contender for his offer, you'd need to take steps to protect yourself anyway.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elon Musk is losing his mind.

He better write a will to whomever he thinks deserves it. 😆

tabzer

This place is a meme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
State-capitalism is even worse than the US' brand of capitalism

Which part makes it worse? The lack of an illusion? There is hardly a difference between oligarchy and the state.

The mere suggestion that there is a benefit was what ticked me, when it's clearly poison in the well.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Just another attempt to generate headlines and publicity. People don't actually believe he's going to fund unlimited legal fees for anyone who asks, right? "No limit" and "treated unfairly" are going to undergo some drastic redefining once he's got the headlines he wants.

Reactions: Xzi and Marc_LFD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol