raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome.
I wonder if you could test Boktai 2 with Sun Patch as well as Boktai 3 with Eng and Sun Patch. those two games are notorious for having low compatibility with flash carts. You need one of a few specific firmwares on Ez Flash to get them to work and oddly none of them are the newer ones.
Oh, I already did. They both work fine. I just forgot to put them in the review. I'll add them.

EDIT: Just noticed Boktai 3 was there (Shin Bokura no Taiyou), just Boktai 2 was missing.

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hold L when starting the game.

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk
Seriously....why would you arbitrarily need to hold a button to start the game? That is ridiculous.
And you have tested Boktai 3 with the Sun and English patch? As that is the one that fails the most.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seriously....why would you arbitrarily need to hold a button to start the game? That is ridiculous.
And you have tested Boktai 3 with the Sun and English patch? As that is the one that fails the most.
Yes, boktai 3 works with sun and English patch.

The EZ flash cards perform a reset before actually launching the game when you hold The L button while selecting it. It's a feature. Now, why the Ezflash team has decided not to do the reset by default is beyond me, but luckily kuwanger has found a way to patch the ezflash firmware to always perform this reset.

Gesendet von meinem UMI_SUPER mit Tapatalk

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
Mine arrived few days ago.
IMG_5975.jpg
Got some issue with some microSD cards.
Tried lots of SD formatting tools on SanDisk Extreme 32GB and SanDisk 8GB/Class 4 microSD card but the Everdrive constantly giving me SD IO error.
SanDisk Ultra 32GB and Toshiba 4GB/Class 4 microSD works fine though.
Most games I’ve tried works great except Pokémon pinball ruby & sapphire in which I can’t keep my save.
Overall, it’s a nice cart.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine arrived few days ago.
Got some issue with some microSD cards.
Tried lots of SD formatting tools on SanDisk Extreme 32GB and SanDisk 8GB/Class 4 microSD card but the Everdrive constantly giving me SD IO error.
SanDisk Ultra 32GB and Toshiba 4GB/Class 4 microSD works fine though.
Most games I’ve tried works great except Pokémon pinball ruby & sapphire in which I can’t keep my save.
Overall, it’s a nice cart.

We already have sections on the official Everdrive forum so thats where u should be posting this

garbanzox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine arrived today! Working fine with my off-brand memory card.

Nice to finally be able to play SMB3 e-reader levels on real hardware :)

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine arrived today! Working fine with my off-brand memory card.

Nice to finally be able to play SMB3 e-reader levels on real hardware :)
Im excited for those levels too!

I got mine today and tha games work great but many many many roms wont save. I had Boktai not save along with Max Payne, Megaman Zero, Castlevania COM and a bunch of others.

I replaced Boktai with the Eurasia version and the save worked. So i guess the Everdrive is just super picky about which rom you are using. Its going to be annoying downloading and replacing roms for like 30 games.

On the upside....the GameGear emulator for GBA runs much more smoothly on Everdrive than EZ Flash or Revo K101. I only tried Mega Man so far but unlike other GBA cards...it actually runs at full speed! Which is friggin great!

Also...if you have windows sort your roms alphabetically in a folder prior to transferring they will still be in alphabetical order on the Everdrive. So theres the easy fix for that issue.

Last edited by Adrian-E-C,

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New update is out, comes with better compatibility for some Sandisk cards and Goomba Color and PocketNES support. That's awesome!

You can also manually force the save-type for ROMs, which should fix the issue with Homebrews not being able to save.

I'll amend the review after testing the features.

Reactions: migles
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I always thought GBA was one of the first to get an everdrive, guess I was wrong. What other cartridge-based consoles don't have an everdrive for them yet? There can't be many left.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wow I always thought GBA was one of the first to get an everdrive, guess I was wrong. What other cartridge-based consoles don't have an everdrive for them yet? There can't be many left.
gamecube could get an everdrive, something like the sd media player thing that plugs to memory card slot
ps:
there are still a fair ammount of consoles left
maybe even ps2 could use an everdrive device, we have FMCB, but what about an equivalent memory card with a usb slot for devs, and a sd slot, for both save reading\writing and even load homebrew (not sure if it's fast enough or possible to load a game thought the memory card slot)

Last edited by migles,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS will never get one, Saturn doesn't but that's sort of a cop-out to call a cart console. I guess you could say supergrafx :rofl2:

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS will never get one, Saturn doesn't but that's sort of a cop-out to call a cart console. I guess you could say supergrafx :rofl2:
I would imagine all those early 80s home computers or the atari and intelli/colecovision systems probably won't get one either, although you could probably buy reproductions for those systems that have a bunch of games bundled together.

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would imagine all those early 80s home computers or the atari and intelli/colecovision systems probably won't get one either, although you could probably buy reproductions for those systems that have a bunch of games bundled together.
I know the 2600 has the Harmony cart, I don't know about the others though.

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I can confirm that the homebrew saves are now fixed (selecting SRAM seems to be working for almost everything). Looks like I'll be able to give a nice score bump to the ED GBA :P

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's for turbografx, Supergrafx was a late successor to that that only got six games.

Actually though, I just realized Neo Geo still only has multicarts. I don't know if Krikzz would touch that though.
Seing as the supergrafx also used hucards to store it's games and was fully backwards compatible with the turbografx, wouldn't you be able to drop supergrafx games on the turbo everdrive and run them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo