Gaming Everything We Know About Super Smash Bros. 4

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 39,459
  • Replies 416
  • Likes 8

Which year do you think the first version (3DS or Wii U) of SSB4 will come out?

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 43 37.7%

Votes: 47 41.2%

Votes: 14 12.3%

Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2018+

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My list of charecters i want in ssb4
Leon (res evil 4) released on gamecube first so he qualifies
Wart (smb2) so i can kick bowsers ass with a true mario villan
Missing no (pokemon red/blue) because itd be hilarious
Rundas (metroid prime 3) 2 reasons: 1. Metroid needs more charecters in the roster 2. Hes one of my fave bounty hunters.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
when i heard the news that namco bandai were making smash bros i was like WTF? why did nintendo did that? the latest soul calibur 5 was a horrible game, i don't want them touching the smash bros series, HAL Laboratory did a great job on the series so why did nintendo change it? not only that but namco will force the game to be mainly online too, soul calibur 5 was a rushed game and suffered because the single player was completely severed off.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
when i heard the news that namco bandai were making smash bros i was like WTF? why did nintendo did that? the latest soul calibur 5 was a horrible game, i don't want them touching the smash bros series, HAL Laboratory did a great job on the series so why did nintendo change it? not only that but namco will force the game to be mainly online too, soul calibur 5 was a rushed game and suffered because the single player was completely severed off.

Ninty is still going to make sure this game is fantastic like its predecessors. I doubt that this change will cause this franchise to take a nose dive

Reactions: 1 person

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Namco is probably there to give them some pointers for online (Cmon guys, Brawls online was pretty durp.) but I think that's about as far as they go. There's only one Smash Bros per Gen and when it comes out, it gets judged ten times harsher then any other Fighting game, I think Sakurai would rather break Sora from Nintendo altogether and buy the rights to the characters himself then let one end up as a rushed piece of shit.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Namco is probably there to give them some pointers for online (Cmon guys, Brawls online was pretty durp.) but I think that's about as far as they go. There's only one Smash Bros per Gen and when it comes out, it gets judged ten times harsher then any other Fighting game, I think Sakurai would rather break Sora from Nintendo altogether and buy the rights to the characters himself then let one end up as a rushed piece of shit.
agreed. And despite what most people seem to think, I think Namco did an amazing job with Star Fox: Assault. It definitely had the strongest gameplay and story, in my opinion.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed. And despite what most people seem to think, I think Namco did an amazing job with Star Fox: Assault. It definitely had the strongest gameplay and story, in my opinion.
I forgot they did something for assult :D, yea. This is going to be an awesome smash bros.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yea, not only did assault have a great story, the multiplayer was killer. I had more tourneys with my friends on assault then i did with smash bros melee. Either way, namco has a at least decent history with games. Sure there have been a couple flubups but every game company has their dark day right?

ChaosAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see Namco being a strong support for providing some of the multiplayer aspects such as online, though I haven't played enough of their games to have a solid grasp as to whether this is a good or bad thing.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

OP
I hate it when people over react to Namco. Heck, even Sakurai hates it: http://www.zeldainfo...-on-them-with-n
Haha, that's awesome!

I seriously don't get what the big deal is, either... I mean, there were tons of other companies involved in Brawl, weren't there?

Nintendo, HAL Laboratory, Project Sora, Pokemon, Creatures, Inc., GAME FREAK Inc, SHIGESATO ITOI, APE INC, INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd., SEGA

EDIT: Never mind. Those were for characters. Here you go: http://wii.ign.com/a...9/709205p1.html

EDIT 2: Never mind. Stupid Wikipedia! :P Sorry, I don't know. I think GameArts helped though. I'm sure you're correct.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
1) Adding Nintendo Power's quote. This has been re-told-ish. Should I add it to the OP? http://nintendoevery...ext-smash-bros/
I don't see why not. Info is info.

2) Making a Twitter account for SSB4. Would anybody be interested in following me?
I don't have Twitter, so I'm afraid I won't. I would certainly follow a facebook page, though (you can even link your Twitter to show up as posts on facebook, so you don't have to worry about double posting).

D

Deleted User

OP
1) Adding Nintendo Power's quote. This has been re-told-ish. Should I add it to the OP? http://nintendoevery...ext-smash-bros/
I don't see why not. Info is info.

2) Making a Twitter account for SSB4. Would anybody be interested in following me?
I don't have Twitter, so I'm afraid I won't. I would certainly follow a facebook page, though (you can even link your Twitter to show up as posts on facebook, so you don't have to worry about double posting).

JOIN TWITTER OR DIE!!!!!!! Why can't you join Twitter?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
JOIN TWITTER OR DIE!!!!!!! Why can't you join Twitter?
Simply put, I have no interest whatsoever. I'm already overwhelmed being part of 2 networks (Facebook and Google+), plus all the forums I'm part of (GBATemp, SDX-Developers, etc), and I don't feel like making a Twitter just to follow one user.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should differently have custom characters with a blank model (knowing Nintendo probably your mii) while choosing your favorite character move set and with the characters on the roster.

Like coloring or drawing on your custom character. Like this.

1:46-1:58

Take stickers and things, actually place them on the stage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although im off school that day
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    today is the 7th anniversary of Captain Underpants, which was actually a surprisingly good movie
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's been around since I was in elementary
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, i recall watching it on fox
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I...