Hacking EZ Flash IV 2.0 Kernel Release - No more patching

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
What patcher? any links?
Patch the roms using the Ez Flash Firmware and make sure to select reset patch. Then, in game press L, up, A, and B to reset back into the menu.
http://www.ezflash.cn/zip/EZ4_2014.rar

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh I figured it out! It only speeds up the roms that are not already patched with the program now :D.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
what a bummer.. was the windows patcher recently updated? or does it grant more benefits?
From what I can tell, the windows patcher was last updated in 2014... The only advantage is being able to use the reset patch (and maybe very slight rom trimming??)

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Hanafuda

SSEpochX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't able to upgrade my EZ IV mini SD to 2.01. I upgraded the other day to 2.0 from 1.74 and everything worked fine. Now when I try to upgrade to 2.01 it just displays a black screen. Guess I'm stuck on 2.0.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Wasn't able to upgrade my EZ IV mini SD to 2.01. I upgraded the other day to 2.0 from 1.74 and everything worked fine. Now when I try to upgrade to 2.01 it just displays a black screen. Guess I'm stuck on 2.0.
Are you using and SDHC card? Someone previously mentioned the update only worked for their minisd with a micro adaptor after using a 2gb card

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
I used the kernel 2.01 and didn't see any difference in loading speed ... is this only for micro sd version ?! because mine is the older one which used adapter for micro sd !

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone who's complaining about loading speed being the same: The first time you load a game, it defines whatever offsets it has to patch to get the battery save working in the "PATCH" directory. After this, the next time you load a game it'll be as fast as on the 1.7x series of kernels.

D

Deleted-236924

universal softreset and sleep patch on the way.... and more are coming if the product sells well.

Do you think that universal soft reset patch would work properly for every game or is there a chance it may not work for every game? As far as I remember, there were some games for which EZ4Client soft reset didn't work (had to use third-party patchers that did it differently for those games), so if there could be 100% compatibility it'd be so good.

Also oh yeah, any possibility of defining our own soft-reset key combo? If it wouldn't be too difficult to add a new menu option for it. If that would be too much work to implement I'm fine with having to manually edit the ezfla_up.bin, as long as we know what to edit and what values to use :P

Last edited by ,

SSEpochX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using and SDHC card? Someone previously mentioned the update only worked for their minisd with a micro adaptor after using a 2gb card
Yes, I had a 1gb mini sd on 1.74 which I used to upgrade to 2.0. After that I had to switch to a 8gb micro sdhc in a mini adapter. Everything works on 2.0, except it won't upgrade to 2.01. I can't downgrade ether.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yes, I had a 1gb mini sd on 1.74 which I used to upgrade to 2.0. After that I had to switch to a 8gb micro sdhc in a mini adapter. Everything works on 2.0, except it won't upgrade to 2.01. I can't downgrade ether.
Did you try updating with the 1gb card ?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Look like it time for me to test each game I have with me that I already test the game for 1.78 that I made a list.

If you didn't see the list of game that I test it for 1.78, then go here. Look like I have to go through again. And I have alot of game to add on the list to I will have to retest the game and add the list.

I will post new thread for 2.0 or so to test it. This might alot of work for me to do. Right now, I am too tired from work. I will do it in the morning when I wake up. Or after watch new episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Mini SD ez4 version with non-SDHC microSD card via adapter, updated and running 2.01 fine if anyone wondering.

Sent from my DP-CMX1 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)