EZ flash omega battery issue after turning off while updating?

Robiniko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi so i'm a tad worried because i wanted to use my ez flash but i think i comitted two consecutive mistakes, when i turned on the gba i pressed the button combination for updates, then i got too confused and turned off the gba in my confusion/ on an impulse. Now the flash cart battery seems to be dead, save files seem to be okay but when i started pokemon it said "battery has run dried, time based events wont occur" also when changing the date in the ez flash it freezes. I dunno if it was like this before, maybe the battery was dead before that (i got the flashcart 3.5 years ago) or the string of mistakes i made corrupted the flashcart. Does anybody know if there's a correlation between these events, what damage i've done by interrupting it, or if i only need to change the battery?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe an interrupted update of the EZ Flash Omega firmware broke the RTC functionality?
I would try to run a firmware update again - and not power the console off this time.

Reactions: Robiniko

Robiniko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Maybe an interrupted update of the EZ Flash Omega firmware broke the RTC functionality?
I would try to run a firmware update again - and not power the console off this time.
yep that seems to fix the problems, went from 7.0 to 9.0, tho i'm still worried about unknown damage i've caused :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies