Hardware EZFlash IV - Cheat error!continue=A returnB?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was just going to send a PM to get this answered but figured a) Forum Perpetuity and b) i know first hand how irritating "help" PM exchanges can get....

Well i have an EZFlash IV for my GBA and have just run into this error when i boot a ROM from NOR - "Cheat error!continue=A returnB". I can skip it and the problem games apear to work fine afterwards but initially i had a massive panic that my card was failing. It's not for all ROM's as some boot normally, and it's not happening when i load those problem games from the Memory Card rather than placing the game into NOR memory. I'm also NOT using cheats.

After doing some searching i'm just wondering if this is something that i'd see due to some kind of ROM header error? If so why doesn't it happen when i launch from PSRAM? Is there any method to check the integrity of GBA ROM's? Surely if i had a NOR problem it wouldn't just suddenly pop up and not cause any discernable problem?

Also i totally forgot whether you get a countdown % message when you format the NOR (like you do when you write a game into it for example). For my peace of mind can someone confirm that formatting the NOR just causes you to wait a bit (10 secs?) for something to happen and that there's no count?

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just going to send a PM to get this answered but figured a) Forum Perpetuity and b) i know first hand how irritating "help" PM exchanges can get....

Well i have an EZFlash IV for my GBA and have just run into this error when i boot a ROM from NOR - "Cheat error!continue=A returnB". I can skip it and the problem games apear to work fine afterwards but initially i had a massive panic that my card was failing. It's not for all ROM's as some boot normally, and it's not happening when i load those problem games from the Memory Card rather than placing the game into NOR memory. I'm also NOT using cheats.

After doing some searching i'm just wondering if this is something that i'd see due to some kind of ROM header error? If so why doesn't it happen when i launch from PSRAM? Is there any method to check the integrity of GBA ROM's? Surely if i had a NOR problem it wouldn't just suddenly pop up and not cause any discernable problem?

Also i totally forgot whether you get a countdown % message when you format the NOR (like you do when you write a game into it for example). For my peace of mind can someone confirm that formatting the NOR just causes you to wait a bit (10 secs?) for something to happen and that there's no count?
Hi! I'm experiencing the same problem with the cheat error on my ez3.. have you figured out how to fix them? The problem with mine is that after I press A, the game loads into a white screen with the gameboy logo like so.. and this is with all the games.
IMG_5522.JPG
IMG_5523.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since