F-Zero X is the next Switch Online N64 game, arrives on March 11

Shortly after the arrival of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Nintendo is adding yet another N64 game to their Nintendo Switch Online library for Expansion Pack subscribers. F-Zero X will be available starting March 11th, with online co-op.

Choose from 30 different hover-car racers, including updated versions of the Blue Falcon and other vehicles from the original F-Zero game, and get ready to hit the acceleration! Race to the finish line on tracks that twist and turn through the air. However, you will have to avoid the other 29 cars on the track or else face the consequences! If you’re in a competitive mood, try to win a Grand Prix Cup, get the fastest lap time in a Time Trial, or destroy the competition in a Death Race. You can also challenge three friends in the Versus mode. With five separate play modes, hidden vehicles and courses, and an excellent soundtrack, F-Zero X is a worthy racing title to return to!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way i'll pay for a 50 for this expasoin pack. is for them to get conker's bad fur day but i know that's not going happen. sure we get banjo-kazooie but the like's of conker are slim.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another one so quick? Maybe another at the end of the month (goldeneye...)
They seem to be releasing 1 N64 game a month. With dataminers finding like 36 game slots for N64 online, or something along those lines, we can probably expect to continue to see at least 1 N64 game added to the service for the next 2 to 3 years.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of silly to think of any of this as news because the N64 catalog was really small; not as bad as the Virtual Boy, but close enough.
It was small, but still it has a solid collection of 30 to 40 great games unique to it. And ultimately, that seems to be what any decent system really boils down to. Look at the NES and SNES services and you reach a point after about 25 to 30 games when you start running out of memorable titles worth revisiting, add in the games that are in their own collections (Mega Man, Castlevania, Contra, etc.), and you'll reach about 40 titles or so that are truly worth note.

Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. Another one that is not emulated 100% correctly by non-comercial means (well, just that one big stutter before the demo).
I guess next one could be Kirby 64 by the end of the month.
racing games aren't the best with input lag unfortunately

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was small, but still it has a solid collection of 30 to 40 great games unique to it. And ultimately, that seems to be what any decent system really boils down to. Look at the NES and SNES services and you reach a point after about 25 to 30 games when you start running out of memorable titles worth revisiting, add in the games that are in their own collections (Mega Man, Castlevania, Contra, etc.), and you'll reach about 40 titles or so that are truly worth note.
When ever I try to make a best of SNES or NES collection, I am hard pressed to make one below 100. My mini consoles are loaded with gems! And now that we have access to rom hacks, fixes, and translations, the sky is the limit!

I'd like to see Nintendo compete with the rom hacking scene and produce upscaled enhancements to these old gems, new textures and the like, as a feature you can turn on and off. What they are doing is lazy.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for Ogre Battle 64, which wasn't in the leak. :(

I tried playing it in RetroArch on the Switch, but the music kept messing up at times.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When ever I try to make a best of SNES or NES collection, I am hard pressed to make one below 100. My mini consoles are loaded with gems! And now that we have access to rom hacks, fixes, and translations, the sky is the limit!

I'd like to see Nintendo compete with the rom hacking scene and produce upscaled enhancements to these old gems, new textures and the like, as a feature you can turn on and off. What they are doing is lazy.
Eesh, I mean maybe I could reach 100 between NES and SNES, but the NES especially does not have more than 50 games worth revisiting. And that's being generous.

Now sure if we count rom hacks and post-death homebrew we can expand beyond that count, but I'm only talking official games.

lordrand11

The Wheel of Time Turns and Ages Come And Pass.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shortly after the arrival of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Nintendo is adding yet another N64 game to their Nintendo Switch Online library for Expansion Pack subscribers. F-Zero X will be available starting March 11th, with online co-op.

They appear to be following a very similar library of ports like the Wii U and Wii eshop releases before it with the added online multiplayer

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They appear to be following a very similar library of ports like the Wii U and Wii eshop releases before it with the added online multiplayer
Unfortunately, on the Switch they're not for sale, just available via a subscription.

Owning a digital game barely has any ownership, but it's still better than nothing.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, on the Switch they're not for sale, just available via a subscription.

Owning a digital game barely has any ownership, but it's still better than nothing.
I've had to buy digital on the switch at least, since my doctor thought I had parkinson's. I'd drop the controller and stuff a lot. my uncle just got parkinson's and my grandmother had it, so it's possible for me considering my health issues. anyway, I had a difficult time getting to the cartridge slot, it's much easier to access it now, but I buy digital for convenience (have over 1TB of games that were bought). now that I have a series x and a ps5, I do try to buy some retail as it's easier for me to swap discs than cartridges. I've been all digital on the xbox so far, since you get some killer deals with game pass, which I just switched to console only for that at $9.99/month. on the ps5, I've bought several retail games, but I generally buy games where they're cheapest on that system or the xbox at least whether digital or retail. I doubt I'll sell any of my games, so it doesn't make sense for me to care which type they are as long as they're cheaper than the other. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, I dont have the other 3 wives