Fallout 4 coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X|S in 2023

FO4_Garage_art_in-body.png

As part of the Fallout series' 25th anniversary, Bethesda has announced that the previous mainline release, Fallout 4, will be getting a free next-gen update in 2023. This update will allow console players to upgrade to a PS5 or Xbox Series X|S version, and an equivalent update will be released for PC. It will include a performance mode and support for 4K resolutions, as well as extra Creation Club content and some bug fixes.

Today's announcement concludes Bethesda's month-long 25th anniversary celebration for Fallout. Most of the other Fallout anniversary celebrations have revolved around Fallout 76 content updates and sales, with the sole exception being Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition being free on the Epic Games Store from October 20-27.

:arrow: Source

relauby

Idiot Child
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What a super disappointing anniversary "celebration." Only Bethesda's games were acknowledged in any way, and there was no big announcement to get excited about. They really should have just let this pass quietly without trying to make a big deal of it.

The only kinda cute thing they did is they tried to match up the date of the last announcement with the date the nuclear war happened in Fallout lore (October 23), but since that fell on a Sunday this year they missed it.

Also it's hilarious that one of the things they're touting for the next-gen upgrade of a game from 2015 is "bug fixes."

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate hearing about these console upgrade announcements from devs as if they're anything of value, the newest consoles have literally just been beefy PCs at this point and updating the games to add a NEW RESOLUTION seems to be pretty trivial

they should just start making these current and next-gen games with video settings sliders that have presets for each console and call it a day

ZeroT21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, here we go again, there's no way the farmer ain't gonna milk his cashcow. In the end so-called next gen is nothing more than a minor upgrade patch

Reactions: HellGhast

SonowRaevius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say this is cool, but with how buggy Fallout 4 was, unless they do some massive bug fixing this is going to be just a pretty disaster instead of a normal one.

Getting half-way through the game and discovering you have a permanent head damage status effect due to a bug and one of story NPC is permanently trapped below the map isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

Reactions: HellGhast

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
even as a hardcore fallout fan im not stoked!
most of those creation club items are floating around for free!

another dumb thing what i could observe is that f3 goty edition still needs the winlive fix even tho the last patch (1.7.0.4) should have fixed that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway