OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Example:
img_20150420_234002494.jpgimg_20150420_234058094.jpgimg_20150420_234213951.jpg

List of things:

PC-3000 Data Recovery SATA HDD to IDE Adapter (remove side clips)
41MQJvgJWoL._SX425_.jpg

Molex Power Adapter Y Splitter Cable (1 Male plug & 2 Female plugs)
41oQFk6R1cL._SX425_.jpg

Molex to SATA Power Adapter Cable
41hkyhSYTDL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

SATA Data Cable
31qGJ8fceLL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited by zfreeman,

Burnt Lasagna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting mod zfreeman.
Though is there enough room in the drive bay of the PS2 to not have the HDD laying on top of the adapter? Having the HDD ontop of the adapter makes me wonder if this would cause a short circuit if the metal from the HDD came in contact with the board.

Last edited by Burnt Lasagna,

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to reseat it using longer cords, but I couldn't fit the excess in. The only way would be to use the particular adapters that are so hard to find.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Burnt Lasagna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just performed your mod the other day.
I had to add a pair of cut in half "80 Pin Angle Female header Strips" (as shown in the video below).

This elevates the adapter to the ceiling of the drive bay and made it so it wasn't abrasively grinding up against the bottom, otherwise it made it difficult to close the NA adapter (did you have issues with this?).
The above fix also made it so the HDD wasn't on top of the adapter...but I put electrical tape on the top of the HDD (only covering the metal parts and avoiding the vent hole) just to be safe.

Now everything's working great!
Using a 1tb drive with it (SAMSUNG ST1000LM024).

Last edited by Burnt Lasagna,

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did have trouble fitting the circuit boards. I tried numerous ones with different setups and finally settled with my version. I tried a setup similar to yours, but would render it inoperable trying to alter it to fit. Thanks for the video link, it looks clean and snug.

Burnt Lasagna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had the above pin connectors left over from a previous failed mod attempt.
It was similar to the one in the video above, but it was using a different adapter (SABRENT SBT-STDB). Turned out the position of the pin connectors on the SBT-STDB made it impossible to fit the adapter in the drive by with the Angled Headers attached.

So if you have Angled Headers already, try elevating the PC-3000 adapter with them. Should make the fit more clean and reduce the risk of a potential short circuit (thought it is probably unlikely given that the plastic from the molex port and LED lights do a good job at suspending the HDD from the circuit board).

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be compatible. For the size, anything less than 3.5 inches will work. You could use a micro SD card with the right adapters.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great topic! Has anyone tried a 2TB 2.5" HDD? I have a few 2TB 2.5" drives lying around, and 3 PS2's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the main reason to use sata drives, as opposed to ide drives, availability? what other reasons are there to use a sata drive?
Availability and/or a newer drive. HDDs don't last forever. IDE will slowly be phased out by manufacturers.

Great topic! Has anyone tried a 2TB 2.5" HDD? I have a few 2TB 2.5" drives lying around, and 3 PS2's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ul...yte-edition-file-partition-hdd-manager.10605/
Keep in mind that Winhiip stops at 256 games. You would have to use HDL Dump to install the rest.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT