SuperNintendog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nsp splitter works fine, I never went back to exfat after that
I can't even get my XCI to NSP, so I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm just exhausted from all the different try this and fail and try that and fail. Frustration for days lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ignoring an issue doesn't solve an issue.
True, but I never take it out of the house and don't really have a need for it if I can just use an external hdd. But then does the External HDD have to be exFAT? LMAO I'm so conflicted!

midstor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Goldleaf or Tinfoil (normal or DZ) to install over USB.
You can also just get the NSPs or use ZeroTwoXCI to install XCIs.

The only pro is the overlay.

With Atmosphère you can do much more and the N64 emulator does not work with TXs offering.
n64 does work LOL it runs perfect :/ I don't know what your talking about.

You might want to sell that license then.
that has nothing to do with it, why are people so blind LMFAO

Reactions: SuperNintendog

SuperNintendog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't run ssb...Still. It shows up but tells me "game card could not be read" what in the actual frustration do I need to do? I feel like such a noob...I suppose I am to the switch. Other consoles? Easy breezy, but this has me questioning everything.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can't run ssb...Still. It shows up but tells me "game card could not be read" what in the actual frustration do I need to do? I feel like such a noob...I suppose I am to the switch. Other consoles? Easy breezy, but this has me questioning everything.
Bad xci file?

SuperNintendog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad xci file?
Maybe bad xci split-Stupid question: Do I have to install it somehow or can I just run it as it appears in my menu of installed games? I tried to run it and it gave me that error. Only installers I seem to have in the package are for NSP and I can't find the exact info to my situation that's relevant as I'm on 3.0.2 and just started modding on this/learning about it 3 days ago

Unrelated comment: FTP transfer is taking waaaaaaaaay too long even with fast net speeds. Install over USB with XCI to FAT32? Is this a thing?

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Reasons to use TX switch are:
XCI loading from External Devices.
EmuNAND.

Reasons not to use TX switch are:
Free better CFW options out there like Kosmos.
Can rely mostly on 3rd party stuff to use with atmosphere/Kosmos rather than SX OS.
ITS FREE BECAUSE WHY THE HELL NOT.
More open source

and im an SX OS user myself and I can see the negatives as well as positives in using it.
I also use atmosphere/Kosmos CFW on SysNAND since I will backup and restore it or create clean NAND.

Reactions: larrypretty

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Maybe bad xci split-Stupid question: Do I have to install it somehow or can I just run it as it appears in my menu of installed games? I tried to run it and it gave me that error. Only installers I seem to have in the package are for NSP and I can't find the exact info to my situation that's relevant as I'm on 3.0.2 and just started modding on this/learning about it 3 days ago

Unrelated comment: FTP transfer is taking waaaaaaaaay too long even with fast net speeds. Install over USB with XCI to FAT32? Is this a thing?
Okey let me break down to you.

If you got a NSP file
1) Download Fluffy
2) Run either Tinfoil or Goldleaf
3) Follow instructions how to transfer the NSP files

If you got a XCI file
1) Download nxmtp
2) Transfer it over to a folder that SXOS can read

Both these options use USB for a heck of a lot faster transfer rate.

Reactions: SuperNintendog

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that has nothing to do with it, why are people so blind LMFAO
OP's original issue was caused by FAT32 limitations, and he said he's probably going to have to move to exFAT regardless of whether or not he has SX OS. That means SX OS didn't solve his problem, and it might be worth selling the SX OS license.

SuperNintendog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP's original issue was caused by FAT32 limitations, and he said he's probably going to have to move to exFAT regardless of whether or not he has SX OS. That means SX OS didn't solve his problem, and it might be worth selling the SX OS license.
Nah, I'm just going to use an external flash drive as exFAT to install over USB to the FAT32 card using the dock. If that makes sense. Trying it today. Once I find what works for my setup, then I'll be good to go. So far, I can see software, but can't run it. I get errors "game cartdridge cannot be read" or whatever. So I'm diving deeper into the rabbit hole. Split XCI files seem to be a no go. I'm going to try with a different XCI today since I'm snowed in from work.

SuperNintendog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried since Sunday to learn all about and try every method available to get homebrew and backup my NSPs. I finally took the dive today and bought SX OS from TX. Not directly of course, but from their trusted resellers. I went to txswitch on the web and they have online chat support, got me my license code within just a couple of minutes. I haven't tried them before today, but I'm very satisfied with how they treat their customers, the fast responses, and the fact that you can literally chat with someone through the entire process of ordering. I hope I am not going against forum rules, just thought I would share since I'm in the US and it's tough to find legit reputable sites to order things from of this nature. Check them out! Thanks! (in advance, no I don't work there, just a happy guy)

Edit: I have updated to OFW 6.2.0 with exFAT enabled using ChoiDujourNX. I have formatted my sdxc 128gb card to exFAT and am currently copying my sd backup I made prior to doing so. I am going to try to put my .xci files directly onto the root of the sd card now that it can handle more than 4gb at a time, and also the games should run since my OFW is "up to date" for them to run. I may have had more than one singular issue just trying to run those .xci files. I will update with results sometime today when I get it all figured out. Thanks for the suggestions and help. Any other words of advice, please drop them in the comments section.

UPDATE: So there was definitely more than one issue. Issue one is I was using OFW 3.0.2 and that isn't compatible with newer XCI files (AFAIK). Using ChoiDujourNX I updated to 6.2.0 and also took the opportunity to install exFAT support along with the OFW. Now I'm not limited to 4gb files, so I can cross off ever having to use split files (they never worked for me). I now can put .XCI and .NSP updates directly into the root of my sd card without limitations and they all appear in the SX OS menu. I am currently installing updates and next will be the .XCI files themselves. I have finally got control of this situation and I hope my information posted will help others that have had similar issues.

Reactions: GMX

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Lock kip , skipfile , the tnz has a wrong Heather on bla blah , Lazy me I know . But I prefer Sxos , is much easier

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY