ROM Hack FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another question: sorry if this sounds pretty noobish, but how would one go about dumping/decompressing their chapter files for use?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And another question: sorry if this sounds pretty noobish, but how would one go about dumping/decompressing their chapter files for use?
You would need to use a save manager. The recommended one to use is JKSM. Although, you just need to dump the save file, you don't need to decompress it.

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need to use a save manager. The recommended one to use is JKSM. Although, you just need to dump the save file, you don't need to decompress it.

Okay cool, sounds pretty straightforward, thanks

Edit: Would I go about just using FBI (and if so, how do I do so?) and then launch it from there?

Last edited by CraftyZero,

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And one last question:
Which folder am I supposed to take out? The Fire_Emblem_Fates one? Or the named folder? (Sorry if it seems obvious, just want to make sure I'm doing it right)

Am I supposed to cut and paste the folder, leaving it empty for when I put the SD card back in? Or do I still leave it in in there?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And one last question:
Which folder am I supposed to take out? The Fire_Emblem_Fates one? Or the named folder? (Sorry if it seems obvious, just want to make sure I'm doing it right)

Am I supposed to cut and paste the folder, leaving it empty for when I put the SD card back in? Or do I still leave it in in there?
The named folder inside of Fire_Emblem_Fates. You just need to use FEFTwiddler to open the save file found in that named folder. You don't need to copy/cut+paste anything.

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The named folder inside of Fire_Emblem_Fates. You just need to use FEFTwiddler to open the save file found in that named folder. You don't need to copy/cut+paste anything.

Ohh I see, so when I'm done editing and everything, I just keep it there? If I wanted to save it to my desktop for safekeeping, it would still be okay to use in the event something unforeseen happens? (Like no hidden data that has to be the same as the other file)

And also, since it shows Chapter 0, 1 and 2, I know those are my files on my cartridge. If I wanted to export the other files on the SDcard, would I instead choose extra data from the cartridge within JK?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh I see, so when I'm done editing and everything, I just keep it there? If I wanted to save it to my desktop for safekeeping, it would still be okay to use in the event something unforeseen happens? (Like no hidden data that has to be the same as the other file)

And also, since it shows Chapter 0, 1 and 2, I know those are my files on my cartridge. If I wanted to export the other files on the SDcard, would I instead choose extra data from the cartridge within JK?
Yes, you keep it there. You can make backups on your computer in case something happens. I haven't tried to use the exported extra data saves with the editor, but I do believe that those save files work in the editor.

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you keep it there. You can make backups on your computer in case something happens. I haven't tried to use the exported extra data saves with the editor, but I do believe that those save files work in the editor.

Awesome! Everything went over smoothly! I really appreciate your help with all this

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Jamiet361

Trophies
XP
Country
It appears that I've managed to bork my save file. I am using the EUR special edition and Awakening custom character DLC.

Chrom died in one of the chapters without me realising, so I tried to use this tool to bring him back to life. After trying to re-inject the save, I now just get an error message before the game even fires up (i.e. before the preparing extra data message). Interestingly, this also seems to happen with the backup that FEFTwiddler makes.

I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 210

CraftyZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears that I've managed to bork my save file. I am using the EUR special edition and Awakening custom character DLC.

Chrom died in one of the chapters without me realising, so I tried to use this tool to bring him back to life. After trying to re-inject the save, I now just get an error message before the game even fires up (i.e. before the preparing extra data message). Interestingly, this also seems to happen with the backup that FEFTwiddler makes.

I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look.

Yeah something kind of similar happened to me, except I was trying to import some of the amiibo characters. I saved the file, moved the backup out of the JKSM folder and injected it via JKSM and whenever I try to open that save, it crashes. So I tried to do what I did with the first file with the other one (the other identical file that was backed up in the same directory as the other.) I still got the same problem, even with my backed up files.

Edit: I'm not sure what I did, but I managed to be able to load the file again after I restored a backup and re-imported it. I'm going to try and do a basic non-amiibo edit again and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_5155.jpg
    IMG_5155.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
Last edited by CraftyZero,

pandeamonium

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i tried importing characters from the FEFT thread that has the imported characters on there and when i load the file into jksm it says "UH OH something went wrong writing" how do i fix this please help <3 thank you

pandeamonium

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i tried importing characters from the FEFT thread that has the imported characters on there and when i load the file into jksm it says "UH OH something went wrong writing" how do i fix this please help <3 thank you
nvm fixed it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does any oen hav the hex edit code to make benny the other of a character ? i wanna make my kana twins have kamui as the dad and benny as the mom ;P

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. A while back in 2016, I somehow managed to edit my female kana so she is able to use the raijinto, siegfried, brynhildr, and missletain, and the yato. The only problems is is that i did this so long ago that I forgot how I did it, so could someone please re-educate me on how to hex edit units so they can equip exclusive weapons? Thanks

Edit: I'm an idiot, i used the trait flag feature. NVM

deliverator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I've been reading through the posts and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm running a N3DS on sysnand 9.0.0-20u with Gateway 3DS and emunand on GW3D 11.2.0-35U

Gateway version is 3DS Ultra 4.2. I have my Fire Emblem Conquest cart inserted and I've dumped the BFYE.SAV file to my SD card and then copied it to my windows desktop. the resulting save file will not open in FEFTWiddler. with the error message "File is not a valid fire emblem fates save file.

I'm unable to use savedatafiler CIA on my 4.5 3ds because gateway mode cannot see the cart.

What am I doing wrong?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I've been reading through the posts and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm running a N3DS on sysnand 9.0.0-20u with Gateway 3DS and emunand on GW3D 11.2.0-35U

Gateway version is 3DS Ultra 4.2. I have my Fire Emblem Conquest cart inserted and I've dumped the BFYE.SAV file to my SD card and then copied it to my windows desktop. the resulting save file will not open in FEFTWiddler. with the error message "File is not a valid fire emblem fates save file.

I'm unable to use savedatafiler CIA on my 4.5 3ds because gateway mode cannot see the cart.

What am I doing wrong?
FEFTwiddler can only read "Chapter#" save files. You need to use a proper save extractor to obtain the right kind of save file.

blums

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yo. Sorry to bother, but I've been using FEFTwiddler on Soundhax using JKSM Save Manager for a while now but I just updated my 3DS to 11.4 and got CFW/Luma. Would this work with CFW/Luma?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...