New 'Final Fantasy VII Rebirth' trailer aired

final fantasy 7.jpg

The second installment to the Final Fantasy VII remake, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, is set to launch on PS5 next month. In anticipation of its release, Square Enix has aired a new trailer for the game today, titled “Destined for Rebirth”:

Join Cloud and his friends on a journey across the planet in search of Sephiroth, experiencing the captivating story and thrilling combat, in FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth launches exclusively on the PS5 on February 29th.

:arrow: SOURCE

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yey... More remilking of a dead, boring cow... Yey... It's a dead race between, drum roll!

Pikachu, baby yoda and final fartasy.... Y.. Ey... E... Y... :/

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what people dislike about FF7 Remake
I think it was people having certain expectations from the word 'Remake'. Honestly, if it had a different title, the dissenters wouldn't be so audible.

Personally, it's mostly the Whispers. The first time meeting Aerith is now off-putting from the apparent schizophrenia.

Nomura always anthropomorphizes antagonistic concepts (e.g., destiny) in his games, and it seems heavy-handed to force it into an already established story. It's like giving Sonic teeth. The small changes inch it closer to an Uncanny Valley vibe.

I'm not as fundamentalist as others; the changes in story would be more acceptable if they were subtle about it. But I'm trying to play FF7, not Kingdom Hearts or The World Ends with You. Or Bleach, for that matter.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it was people having certain expectations from the word 'Remake'. Honestly, if it had a different title, the dissenters wouldn't be so audible.

Personally, it's mostly the Whispers. The first time meeting Aerith is now off-putting from the apparent schizophrenia.

Nomura always anthropomorphizes antagonistic concepts (e.g., destiny) in his games, and it seems heavy-handed to force it into an already established story. It's like giving Sonic teeth. The small changes inch it closer to an Uncanny Valley vibe.

I'm not as fundamentalist as others; the changes in story would be more acceptable if they were subtle about it. But I'm trying to play FF7, not Kingdom Hearts or The World Ends with You. Or Bleach, for that matter.

But here's the thing: in interviews it was said that Nojima and Kitase wanted to change the story and it was Nomura who actually stopped them from making drastic changes. People only know Nomura=bad but for me it's not that bad.
What I liked about FF7Remake is that once you finish it you get what the tittle means= FF7 "Remaking the story" so it's not a traditional game remake, it's a story remake. It caught me off guard and when they announced it, it made me think why didn't they call it Remake Part 1 or something like that. Because the tittle is hinting on the story, just like Rebirth. I get that people wanted a 1:1 remake but sometimes you gotta embrace change, heck these games might not even happen in the same timeline as the original ff7 so it could be seen as a spin off or sequel (depending on how the story goes). I don't like turn based combat so for me if FF7Remake was like that then I wouldn't even play it. It would be like FFXIII. However as an Arpg I bought it day 1 and never regreted it.

Reactions: zfreeman

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get what people dislike about FF7 Remake, it's a fun game (as an arpg guy) and the music and cutscenes are incredible, the story is fresh and while it's familiar it's like playing it for the first time so you don't know what will happen.

Anyway I'm excited about Rebirth, shame I don't have a ps5 yet
For me, it was the promise of a remake, but then we got a sequel series in a different genre. Like, it's fun for what it is, but i think a lot of us were hoping a return to form. Not kingdom hearts/devil may cry with a ff7 skin.

It's a generally fun game, and I'll enjoy them all. Just sad we'll never get an actual ff7 remake. And very concerned for any future final fantasy revisions.

Reactions: Naster and zfreeman

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, it was the promise of a remake, but then we got a sequel series in a different genre. Like, it's fun for what it is, but i think a lot of us were hoping a return to form. Not kingdom hearts/devil may cry with a ff7 skin.

It's a generally fun game, and I'll enjoy them all. Just sad we'll never get an actual ff7 remake. And very concerned for any future final fantasy revisions.
Can wait for evercrisis to gets it's inevitable death and it goes full free

• Wow
Reactions: zfreeman

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wont play this series until it is complete. those who play it in parts are idiots imo

this is the biggest trash release strategy square has ever put together

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
i wont play this series until it is complete. those who play it in parts are idiots imo

this is the biggest trash release strategy square has ever put together
Calling people idiots for wanting to play a full game? You might think part 1 is not a full game but it really is, it's long and it has a lot of content, so what's wrong with enjoying it right now instead of 2030?

FFVII was in parts because it wouldn't fit a disk and had to tell a story from zero. FF7 Remake/Rebirth/3rd R game are not one game because it would take too long to be out and since the story might go in a different way it can be used as separate games, also quite huge since FFVII Remake is already 100gb. This also lets them get the money to continue working on Rebirth/3rd game.
For me, this way was better, because if not we would have a FF Versus/XV situation in which the game was planned to be 3 games ala FF XIII trilogy. We all now what happened: movie+anime+game+novel+dlc in order to tell the story since they didn't have time to implement all in the game. Square Enix learned their lesson

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like the remake either waaaay to camp with the dance mini game I get devs are going with whats "trending" (COUGH) ELITIST DRAG ARTISTS! but it changed too much of what made ff7 memorable. I mean I loathe ff8 but the remastered stayed true to the original source material.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If you butter the bread and make it like grilled cheese it's delicious