Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age release date announced

003.jpg

Today, Square Enix have Finally announced the release dates for Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age:
[prebreak][/prebreak]
Japan - 13th July 2017
North America - 11th July 2017
Europe - 11th July 2017
Asia - 13th July 2017

:arrow:Source: 4gamer

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I am more eager for the pc version. I played it for a while and stuck in the king's tomb or something like that. the game was boring and felt like a MMO

XII is the game they wanted X to be. It's likened to XI, which has a similar battle system.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've played the Internation Zodiac Job System version of the game using an English Patch, and PCSX2. Had the internal resolution bumped up, as well as some slight sharpening done to the textures so that the textures on the stone structures in the environment actually looked engraved. The game works insanely well when played that way, there aren't any of the usual issues with the text that happens when you increase the resolution.

Not to be an ass about it, since I've played both an upscaled PS2 version of FFX as well as the remastered version on PC and could see the differences, but considering how well the PS2 version upscales, is there any particular reason to buy the remaster beyond wanting a more legal version of the game? (assuming you didn't import the PS2 version and used it for the emulator)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
So, I've played the Internation Zodiac Job System version of the game using an English Patch, and PCSX2. Had the internal resolution bumped up, as well as some slight sharpening done to the textures so that the textures on the stone structures in the environment actually looked engraved. The game works insanely well when played that way, there aren't any of the usual issues with the text that happens when you increase the resolution.

Not to be an ass about it, since I've played both an upscaled PS2 version of FFX as well as the remastered version on PC and could see the differences, but considering how well the PS2 version upscales, is there any particular reason to buy the remaster beyond wanting a more legal version of the game? (assuming you didn't import the PS2 version and used it for the emulator)

there might be fixes done to the IZJS version, like the invisible have textures and other bug fixes

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Once this is released I hope that izjs gets a full fan translation for ps2. I have the original and the language patched version. I would love to update it with a translation based on square-enix specs.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually was like an MMO, since they were all the rage when Final Fantasy XII was released. It's the reason I stopped playing it, the first 4 hours I caught myself falling asleep to the story and the battle system was just blah.
MMOs were already a big hit long before 2006 and continue to be a hit today. what?

Square-Enix reused resources from FFXI for FFXII. Does not mean the game is actually an MMO. With that kind of logic, golly Final Fantasy X must also be a MMO since the startup screen had PlayOnline plastered all over the place. Oh gee, Final Fantasy XIII had quests. Guess that's an MMO. Dragon Quest VII has job grinding? Best MMO 2016. Such MMO gameplay and not at all just characteristics of the JRPG franchise.

It's not anyone problem but yours that you have a low attention span and fell asleep while playing a video game.
Maybe JRPGs just aren't for you.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never played 12, looking forward to giving it a shot. Its a pretty divisive game from what I've heard but I want to give it a shot. Any word on whether this will have dual audio? I know it didn't originally but since the attitude towards that feature has changed in recent years Im hoping it will be included.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battle system was total crap, imho, but hey, just my 2 cents.
I pretty much felt this way back then, and sort of still do, but I appreciate what they did with a fully programmable AI for your party. You can set up the (near) perfect macro and that's neat for what it is. Does it come across as super exciting and fun? Not especially, but then again I feel the plot was the main reason I wasn't a fan of XII. Had it been a remake of one of the better plot games with this fully programmable real-time battle system, I think I would have been in love. Also, gambits for magic in the original game didn't become available early enough, IMO, forcing me to usually do that manually no matter what.

Last edited by dronesplitter,
Reactions: vinipeix

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm very excited for this and glad we'll be getting it this year. I always had a soft spot for FFXII even though it has a ton of people who hate it. I like the Ivalice Alliance in general (tactics series). I may or may not get this day 1 but I'm super pumped for it.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today, Square Enix have Finally announced the release dates for Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age:
[prebreak][/prebreak]

:arrow:Source: 4gamer
ooooh that's that really boring one for ps2 with the british bunny lady, right? I remember getting the steelbook version and playing it for about 8-10 hours then just stopping because every cut scene was me going "I don't care about any of you f***ing people". Granted I did grind a bit, but even then I was bored out of my frikin' skull.

I wonder if this version will be any less boring.

Last edited by osaka35,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMOs were already a big hit long before 2006 and continue to be a hit today. what?

Square-Enix reused resources from FFXI for FFXII. Does not mean the game is actually an MMO.

You said it yourself, they reused sources from their MMO! That's all I was saying dude, and you just re-iterated it in that statement.

It's not anyone problem but yours that you have a low attention span and fell asleep while playing a video game.
Maybe JRPGs just aren't for you.

I've played plenty of JRPG, don't get butthurt that I particularly didn't like this one. Each person can have their own experience with a game, and I particularly didn't care for this FF because it was too far removed from the regular JRPG formula I was used to them making.

If someone says the new FF7 remake is probably going to suck, will that offend you too?

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh great. Finally we get to see all this advanced models and effects, that made the Vita port impossible due to technical limitations, with our own eyes *scnr*

Last edited by VitaType,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Only the good clips.