Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition announced, PC version gets release date

FFXV-Royal-Edition_01-16-18.jpg

Square Enix has announced Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which will simultaneously launch with the PC version of the game, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, on March 6, with both retailing for $49.99. Both console re-release and the PC port will include more than a dozen DLC packs and everything from the season pass, alongside a new map, side quests, and a first-person mode. For those that already own the game, the new content will be offered as DLC for $19.99.

• Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
  • A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
  • A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
  • A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
  • More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
  • All season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades, and Episode Ignis
  • Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
  • Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
  • New Trophies
  • The Final Fantasy XV base game

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will support up to 8K resolution, and a benchmark tool will be available on February 1st so players can test how well the game will run on their PC.

:arrow: Official Site

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
I liked XV so I might play it again under this new edition.

You can clearly see where it was perfectly fine when I posted it but I have OCD so I tried perfecting if but sure, thanks, belittle me.
I saw your original post and it's really well-done. Don't worry about criticism from people defending their internet girlfriends, you did good :)

Reactions: DarkenedMatter

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, since you already bought it why dontcha give Gravity Rush a try, it's a fantasy game, I highly recommend it, it's also a first party
"bought it"?
I've heard of Gravity Rush, could always undust my PSVITA sometime...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: MiguelinCrafter
D

Deleted-368796

I hope it is optimized well enough for my laptop 1070 to be able to run it @4k.
Knowing this game was being ported to PC was part of my motivation for getting a laptop this powerful.

I've not played the game yet. Even have a sealed PS4 copy I refused to open.
Wanted to go in fresh when it launched on PC.
Don't let me down Squeenix.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends what you were waiting for. If you were waiting for a Final Fantasy game, this is awful.
Graphically it is good enough, but... Well, there are many reasons I don't like it.
Story, scope, very small world, laughable small cities, unremarkable NPCs, battle system, boring "car driving" system, long etc.

Been over a year since I finished it, but I don't **** that hard on it even now. It wasn't perfect, but was enjoyable. The game world was not small, if you walked a lot of it it took plenty of time to do quests, collecting, etc. even using the Regalia it took time to get around (unless you fast traveled all of the time (which I eventually started to do because the game world WAS that large).

I didn't like all of the cuts made to later parts in the game, but there was plenty there for me to put over 100 hours into it, I still plan on playing the DLC, but have had no interest in doing it yet (same as my interest level in playing BotW again anytime soon after putting in over 160 hours into that game) Both games were the longest I've played anything last year but did burn me out of them.

Different strokes for everyone, seems like you weren't the kind of person the game was for, probably also the same kind of person who didn't care of FF XII either, another one I enjoyed plenty when I played it years ago. I didn't let the legend of Versus XIII spoil my time w/XV and that's probably why I enjoyed it more than most people who seem to think it was a bad game.

Cest la vie.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
How much was the game with the season pass day one? Do people who bought the season pass get this update free of charge? Because it looks like they will have to pay another 20$ to get this.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
How can you like a game you have not played? Anyway I understand there may be people willing to give this a try

But I still think the game sucks
Are you aware this is a port of a game that has been released for some time now?

And I would like to follow up with a similar question you asked me - how can you think a game sucks that you have not played?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__