Hacking Firmware 3.61 released.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Only 3.60. But you can, however, use a trick to update to a specific firmware version.
No no, I meant even if your on 3.60, can you access the web browser and then Henkaku without Sony trying to update your system? Also what is this trick you speak of lol

Last edited by VincentBeasley,

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, I meant even if your on 3.60, can you access the web browser and then Henkaku without Sony trying to update your system? Also what is this trick you speak of lol
Get the files to host it yourself. I did the same thing with Wii U. There's ways to block the servers but I've had it fail me in the past, I find the best way to do these things is to keep the systems only capable of connecting to my android phone and host the files from it with data shut off. That way the system never touches the internet.

In other news I'm glad I updated my Vita last night, was taking my time but knew I should get to it while it's easy, rather than dealing with manually updating it later when 3.61 comes out.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Henkaku still works like normal as long as you're on 3.60. The browser, thank god, does not require an update..............yet :P

On a PSTV you can just put the 3.60 update on a USB stick and update to it.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Henkaku still works like normal as long as you're on 3.60. The browser, thank god, does not require an update..............yet :P

On a PSTV you can just put the 3.60 update on a USB stick and update to it.
It doesn't require it, but the system will catch that there's an update if it's connected to the internet and constantly nag you with an option to update. You accidentally click yes and you're boned.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't require it, but the system will catch that there's an update if it's connected to the internet and constantly nag you with an option to update. You accidentally click yes and you're boned.
"Constantly nag you" - I've never seen that on my Vita / PSTV unless you actually try to access features that require updates.

Yamagushi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did your Vita download the update (but didn't install it)? You would just go to the bubble in the top corner and cancel the "update" and it should delete it and get rid of the nag
Oh, haven't touched the vita in ages (other than to update to 3.60), coulda sworn once the update hits the system you couldn't get rid of it. Perhaps I'm getting Vita and 3DS mixed up.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC it would ask every time I opened a vita game.
I've been using my Vita all day and it has prompted me to update once, but that's because I tried to do PSPlus save sync, everything else works great, no prompts.

I also previously kept my Vita at 3.3* and never had any prompts to update, again, unless I tried a feature that required it.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Vita doesn't update in the background like the Wii U does so the situations are not comparible. If it asks you to update, choose no. If you accidently choose yes, turn your machine off before it finishes downloading the update.

The Wii U literally downloads and installs the updates in the background, even in sleep mode. The Vita doesn't. If you're that worried, turn off wifi and only turn it on when you need it (to reinstall Henkaku or whatever).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side