Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Who knows. It worths the try ;) That's the reason why I wrote "but who wonders?"
lol Nintendo wouldn't shorten the blacklist, it only grows

the main reason i guess for them rushing this one out without blocking everything was to block Neimods hack (which they did) and stop him from using that hack with the Save Transfer tool coming out thursday

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol Nintendo wouldn't shorten the blacklist, it only grows

the main reason i guess for them rushing this one out without blocking everything was to block Neimods hack (which they did) and stop him from using that hack with the Save Transfer tool coming out thursday
Maybe (yes, it's not really realistic) Nintendo deletes the blacklist.
Did they really block the hack? As far as I've heard they just closed some gaps.

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was a save exploit?? who what where why how?
Neimod and Yellows8(of DSi hacking fame) found a save exploit in a physical retail game and since then there have been hundreds of posts in hacking and homebrew demanding/begging for the hack even though they were not going to release it in the first place (which was mentioned by Yellows8 when he said the hack no longer worked.)

It's not too surprising though. The update had to do with preparing saves to be able to be transferred to the 3DS. Nintendo just got lucky and happened to patch out whatever method they were using.

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I try to connect to www.r4i-gold.hk, but it can't. Can you give the link to download version 4.5 (r4i-gold.hk)? Thank all alots!

there is not such a file
r4i-gold.hk dropped 3DS support since version 4.2.0-9 firmware update
hopefully there site is only down temporarily but im sure that information is correct

Reactions: tokarjn234

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
< 4 years. Released in Nov 2006, hacked in Aug 2010.

Your point still stands, though, as it was longer than 3DS has been out so far.
I was mag staff when hacks were actually released, it wasn't that long ago. :P

Earlier things shown were often on dev consoles, which don't check for sigs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#PlayStation_Jailbreak

In August 2010, PlayStation Jailbreak, a USB device that allows execution of unsigned code (such as backup games and homebrew) on the PlayStation 3, was released.[257]

And in any event it was hacked to shit by that winter, still closer to 4 than 5 years.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Save exploit to execute code no longer works on 5.0.0-11

Not what he said at all if you read yellows full statement. He said piracy would no longer work with their method for hacking the 3ds, only homebrew would. And it didn't matter to him because they had zero plans to release a version of the hack that supported pirates.

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
wait was yellows exploit even released to the public and if not how did nintendo know bout what game(s or how the exploit worked?

all of the information was on 3DS brew
Nintendo could read that and easily keep up to date with everything so they knew what they had to fix
and as they already have people that know how the 3DS works was simple enough to patch the hole

dehry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to remember that both the 3DS and Vita were designed in a post R4 , Smash Stack, PSP/PS3 master signing key environment. Last generation, the pirates got far ahead of the console manufacturers, who when the consoles were developed were still using lockout chips and checksums. It took two years just to find an exploit and even then it was patched away by a system update that will be required for eshop usage(and possibly online gameplay if they want to do a 1.1 patch) including any demo content or videos. Also, any new colors or hardware revisions would be unable to use the hack.

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
My Mario Kart 7 Demo Cartridge still works, but my Mario Kart DS Beta Cartridge still doesn't work, and so my NITRO-Cartridge does.

well i guess Beta's there allowed to block as not everyone would have them, but the Demo's are widely used in shops. strange the Nitro does but guess there not common amoung everyone :P

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Since I know how people here can be:
IMG_20130327_110154.jpg

IMG_20130327_110428.jpg

00072.png
00074.png