porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
also, i hear news of a possible Acekard team hardware revision
what are peoples veiws on this? is it worth them doing this?
For me, it doesn't really matter unless they can reproduce something like the DSTwo for cheaper. And they need to prove themselves once again ever since their long disappearance. But I suppose it would be nice either way. More choice :)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For me, it doesn't really matter unless they can reproduce something like the DSTwo for cheaper. And they need to prove themselves once again ever since their long disappearance. But I suppose it would be nice either way. More choice :)
They updated akayo and they can't update the current hardware revisions of the AK2i. There is no reason for them to prove.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
4.5.0-10 was allowed on flashcards without a save IC due to they found a game that didnt require one
that has now been blocked, so now there is no games left without a save IC
so all the current cards now working on 5.0.0-11/5.1.0-11 have them, so if you got an old card, dont expect to see an update

pretty sure the Metroid Rev C bug is a strange one because the save IC is present, but i guess there was a fault with it
The update from 4.5.0-10 to 5.5.0-11/ 5.0.0-11/5.1.0-11 hasn't blocked many flashcards. Currently, they don't need a save IC to work.

/edit sorry for the double post!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
The update from 4.5.0-10 to 5.5.0-11/ 5.0.0-11/5.1.0-11 hasn't blocked many flashcards. Currently, they don't need a save IC to work.

/edit sorry for the double post!

yes they have blocked cards
and yes for 4.5.0-10,5.0.0-11,5.1.0-11 save IC's are needed
the only reason some cards made it to 4.5.0-10 is a game was found that didnt have a save IC in the cart, but that have now since been blocked
all cards currently working on 5.1.0-11 have them included, some flashcard manufactures fitted them a while back

i recommend you re-word you post as i read it first as it hadn't blocked any.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They updated akayo and they can't update the current hardware revisions of the AK2i. There is no reason for them to prove.
1) AFAIK, AK team are NOT the ones who deal with AKAIO. They have their own kernel but it was inferior to AKAIO. And AKAIO was updated like what? Middle of last year?
2) Irrelevant. We weren't talking about updating the current revision. We were discussing whether there would be ANOTHER revision and the reception if the said rumour were to be true.
3) If said rumour is true, even if I didn't have my DSTwo, I'd still be wary. Sure they were a good team a few years back. But if I were to commit to AK again, they'd need to show me that their new cart is able to overcome the future updates because they destroyed their own reputation with their lackluster support of their product at that point in time. After all, we have alternatives.

I really think this should be re-stickied.
Even though you have the info in your blog, stickying this will be good for the newbies to find your blog.
LOL remember when this used to be stickied? Didn't really make a difference now, did it? :rolleyes:

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
also, i hear news of a possible Acekard team hardware revision
what are peoples veiws on this? is it worth them doing this?
People like AKAIO, if an Acekard 3 or something was made and it didn't have those damn contact issues, people would use it. It'd be best if it had some secondary update function and the ability to read boot data off the MicroSD though.

Acekard doesn't make AKAIO, the AKAIO team does.

I really think this should be re-stickied.
Even though you have the info in your blog, stickying this will be good for the newbies to find your blog.
It was unstickied BECAUSE the info was removed from the first post. As said, it's not a big deal though because it's a popular topic and so is near the top of the page when an update comes out anyways.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pong's been told multiple times why it was unstickied, why it's not getting restickied, and how to fix it.
It's unstickied because the info isn't here, not because of some grudge or something.

As long as the info isn't here, it's not a guide, just a discussion thread.

Reactions: jimmyemunoz

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Then what, gonna' unsticky all the PSP guides and just link to wololo.net and such? Unsticky the Wii guides and just leave a sticky with a link to wiibrew? This is not going to be restickied (at least not by my hands, and I'm not the one that unstickied it in the first place) as long as the info is not actually here.

Reactions: jimmyemunoz

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
One of the reasons to have the content on GBATemp is because other sites can change their links around, add/remove articles and such, and then the info's gone (not to mention other sites going down). On this forum, we know that random threads aren't going to die off separately without anybody noticing until it's too late to copy the info out of them. :P

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes they have blocked cards
and yes for 4.5.0-10,5.0.0-11,5.1.0-11 save IC's are needed
the only reason some cards made it to 4.5.0-10 is a game was found that didnt have a save IC in the cart, but that have now since been blocked
all cards currently working on 5.1.0-11 have them included, some flashcard manufactures fitted them a while back

i recommend you re-word you post as i read it first as it hadn't blocked any.
I'm not sure yet that any flashcards were blocked. How many people have confirmed it?

Save IC's are not necessary if you use a demo header like metroid prime demo. Do you really think that the R4is from R4ids.cn have a save IC? They just weren't blocked with the last update.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure yet that any flashcards were blocked. How many people have confirmed it?

Save IC's are not necessary if you use a demo header like metroid prime demo. Do you really think that the R4is from R4ids.cn have a save IC? They just weren't blocked with the last update.

there was 2, one confirmed by someone IRL to so i know its done (blocked by 5.0.0-11)

yes but the Demo's have since been blocked, hence why they only worked previously with 4.5.0-10
R4is from R4ids.cn have had Save IC's for a while now (since Revision 9), ive spoken with the team personally on the matter.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then what, gonna' unsticky all the PSP guides and just link to wololo.net and such? Unsticky the Wii guides and just leave a sticky with a link to wiibrew? This is not going to be restickied (at least not by my hands, and I'm not the one that unstickied it in the first place) as long as the info is not actually here.
Why not create a sticky with 3DS/PSP/Wii useful/related links in each section? I also have checked many old stickied posts and many of them contained outdated information, broken links or the text and pictures did not display correctly making them useless or unreadable. It's not a problem trying to keep content here but if the old content is not well mantained it's just as good as a broken link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1