Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm, the homepage states that sasq has already joined the project. sasq is the guy that programmed pogoshell, isn't he?

ty, you just answered my question. good thing i decide to actually read posts lol. i wont use my f2a wihout pogoshell, so it would be great if he makes one for nds.

also may i ask does the 512mb-1gb mean bit or byte??? i mean if it means bit, well then wont games get bigger?? if i recal the first gba flashcarts were 64mbit, you now have gba movies that are 256mbit. if a few more ds games come out and this thing gets pogoshell im getting it

It's going to be 512mbit to 1gbit as always. I thought there's already 2 gigabit games out but could've been false information.

A

A7mag3ddon

Did anyone try doing a whois look up on the website address, its pretty interesting reading. not sure if im allowed to paste it here so ill put a link instead.

http://dallas1.dnstools.com/?www.neoflash.com

Definatly looks dodgy, hotmail address, NERO flash instead of NEOflash etc etc. the website is registered in Taiwan with an obvious false tel number.

The only legit thing about it is that the domain was created back in 2003 which is a fair while ago.

Iceman5

Trophies
XP
Country
right. that makes it 100% clear that its not a company... so it has to be sceners if its real. but can they alone design and produce a flashcart? and this early as well?? i guess since the pass-me is already made that it could be done. but i wont come to a final conclution whether or not its real or just a hoax... ill just wait and see. for the time being ill remain "sceptical".

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NDS games might be 1 gigabit but that should not limit the carts look at GBA which the highest is 256Mb and yet we have 1G and higher cards. As for a dodgey information, well I know everytime I open a shady web site that offers something that some major companies would probally be pissed off about I always use my real information. The other day I opened a rom site and emailed Nintendo my personal information just to save them the hassle of calling my hosting company. Okay seriously NDS carts will probally be illegal since the MPA is winning the fight on piracy due to the fact that you have to decrypt there encryption which is illegal. The only way I see NDS carts on the market and staying there is if they don't offer the back up option and then you'd have to find homebrew decrption software on IRC or something. Kinda like mod chips that don't come with the good bioses? Just a thought regardless I would not use my real name on my hosting shit whose buisness is it anyway......but then I may have paid the 8 dollars to bloack whois as well.......

bolton2

bolton2
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm, the homepage states that sasq has already joined the project. sasq is the guy that programmed pogoshell, isn't he?

ty, you just answered my question. good thing i decide to actually read posts lol. i wont use my f2a wihout pogoshell, so it would be great if he makes one for nds.

also may i ask does the 512mb-1gb mean bit or byte??? i mean if it means bit, well then wont games get bigger?? if i recal the first gba flashcarts were 64mbit, you now have gba movies that are 256mbit. if a few more ds games come out and this thing gets pogoshell im getting it

It's going to be 512mbit to 1gbit as always. I thought there's already 2 gigabit games out but could've been false information.

in that case, i will just wait until a descent amount of ds roms come out, to check thier sizes. when ig ot my f2a256, games were just going into 128...or there were only a few 128 out(ive had it for a couple fo years). anyway i woudlnt want to invest in a 1 gig cart if ds games end up reaching that, but if ds games stay at 128 or 256 maby even 512, a 1gbit cart may be worth it.

remisser

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to damper anyone's real hopes, but... even if this is legitimate (in the world of illigitimacy known as pirating games
wink.gif
) -- this will be a first generation cart meaning it will be highly priced, come with many problems attached to it, and will be succeeded soon after by a better lower priced version.

Let's be real here... it'll be at least a year before we see any viable flash cart...

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I don't think DS FlashCards will be illegal, because its the same argument as MP3 Players. They can be used to contain/use illegal software, but their primary purpose is to contain and use what it says on the box, .mp3 files, or in this case, .nds files.

The Homebrew scene needs those DS FlashCards to create their own games, not to pirate Nintendo's.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think DS FlashCards will be illegal, because its the same argument as MP3 Players. They can be used to contain/use illegal software, but their primary purpose is to contain and use what it says on the box, .mp3 files, or in this case, .nds files.

The Homebrew scene needs those DS FlashCards to create their own games, not to pirate Nintendo's.

Like I said the court is clear as long as the developers do not provide any ways to back up the games because in order to do so you need to decrypt Nintedo's encryption which violates copyright laws. Copying a cd to make a mp3 only violates a copyright law if you sell it or give it out or whatever but when a company like Disney for instance puts encryption on their product you must then dissassemble their product to back it up and ownership of the DVD does NOT give you the right to dissassemble their video hence why 321Studios lost the lawsuit against the MPA. When you dump a GBA rom it's like copying a CD a straight conversion but with the NDS it will be more like copying a DVD where you will have dump it then run a NDSDecrypter. Very Very different. Again Xbox mod chips and NGC mod chips both have better bioses on the net then what they are sold with for this reason. The Executioner Bios is illegal yet the mod chip is not. The NDS carts will not be illegal as they are for loading home brew apps I just don't expect to see the carts packaged with a NDS ripper. Just a thought and my 2 cents

Skelv_tnt

Trophies
Website
www.google.es
XP
Country
Does this have anything to do with this?
QUOTE said:
NEOflash team 2005

The GBA / SP / NDS 3in1 Flash cart is coming soon!
Memory size form 512Mb to 1Gb
Support NDS cart save
With Magic Key Technology
Directly support TXT / HTML / JPG / GIF / BMP / PNG / NES / SEGA GG / PC-E
/ GB / GBA / NEO(NDS)..... many file format
There's a pic available in that URL

djgarf

I Am A Raver
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Does this have anything to do with this?
QUOTE said:
NEOflash team 2005

The GBA / SP / NDS 3in1 Flash cart is coming soon!
Memory size form 512Mb to 1Gb
Support NDS cart save
With Magic Key Technology
Directly support TXT / HTML / JPG / GIF / BMP / PNG / NES / SEGA GG / PC-E
/ GB / GBA / NEO(NDS)..... many file format
There's a pic available in that URL

next time try reading the whole post beofre u post silly questions

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This cart sounds cool.
And Im all for homebrew, I could care less about commercial stuff.
Home brew rules all
tongue.gif

Maybe someone will program a Basic emu for programing basic programs XD

Though it would be nice to play my games on one cart instead of one card for each, wich makes them easy to lose.
Plus hacked games are fun too
tongue.gif

Was kinda hoping to play Pokemon Dash for free, that game was supposed to be good, but instead its a remake of that Pokemon Racing game for that PKMN mini device. And that game was alot better. (since it was platformer like, not crappy top down view)

But still, the cart is a must get for me :3
I just hope its better than my EZFA and works with all the GBA homebrew games. Id love to have the clock work in Goomba and Pocketnes
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu