Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ive sobered up a little.
Ok that actually explains a lot

How do i get this to run on the switch? Sorry, im a c++ programmer but im new to this
It doesn't run on the Switch; it runs on your computer. It lets you "emulate" a Switch in a way, things like letting yo run system modules, debugging, and testing exploits

Last edited by dj505,

longlong14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that actually explains a lot

It doesn't run on the Switch; it runs on your computer. It lets you "emulate" a Switch in a way, things like letting yo run system modules, debugging, and testing exploits
Ohh, that makes more sense. I thought it's a debugging emulator of other systems for the switch.

TNT3530

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where do we get the .bins to use this with?
EDIT: Just learned have to dump them yourself via 2.0

Last edited by TNT3530,

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically this program helps hackers or developers to understand the insides and outsides of the Switch through emulation means, not really play games but to try to get into the machine itself by using an emulator, pretty ingenious for the community, if it is utilized correctly, if I was a hacker, it would be very useful.

I could see this evolving into something more, years down the line, I don't mean playing Switch games but to find keys to future firmware updates and how to do stuff that is not supposed to happen.

D

Deleted User

its not about playing games but the reason that CTU is out now means they are much more fare than we the public people know.

which is a good thing some little emulators like doom or pong could be right the corner

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically this program helps hackers or developers to understand the insides and outsides of the Switch through emulation means, not really play games but to try to get into the machine itself by using an emulator, pretty ingenious for the community, if it is utilized correctly, if I was a hacker, it would be very useful.

I could see this evolving into something more, years down the line, I don't mean playing Switch games but to find keys to future firmware updates and how to do stuff that is not supposed to happen.

You'd need to gain similar access to the new firmwares to get the new keys.

To quote the very man behind this emulator: "For all intents and purposes, a 3.0.0 Switch will be frozen in time. No online, no new games (probably soon, at least), etc."

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
why CageTheUnicorn? you should have used CunTheUnicorn.... for my people "Cun" is close to Awesome, Smart, Strong... you guys so missed out.

Last edited by Flame,

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'd need to gain similar access to the new firmwares to get the new keys.

To quote the very man behind this emulator: "For all intents and purposes, a 3.0.0 Switch will be frozen in time. No online, no new games (probably soon, at least), etc."

That's what I mean, it's useful for future firmware keys and mainly I will be keeping my Switch locked away for now since it felt like updating to 3.01, I'm angry at that and I don't mean the auto updates, I mean it already had the update in the internal memory and that recovery mode trick was just found, so it was too late and also I have a Vita and 3ds that I can play till 3.01 is hacked.

I don't really play games online, only reason I use online is to buy games, plus I'm sure some company will try taking advantage of people by selling a SD card adapter that plugs into either game slot or Micro SD slot and hook it up to the PC to hack it for the low low cost of 200 dollars.

I'm joking because it likely will happen down the line, these companies and there modchip ways might very well come up with some sort of USB C Cable adapter that you plug into the Switch and use the Internet to get into the Switch and modify it or something.

Last edited by Yami Anubis ZX,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I mean, it's useful for future firmware keys and mainly I will be keeping my Switch locked away for now since it felt like updating to 3.01, I'm angry at that and I don't mean the auto updates, I mean it already had the update in the internal memory and that recovery mode trick was just found, so it was too late and also I have a Vita and 3ds that I can play till 3.01 is hacked.

I may be misunderstanding, but what is useful for future firmware? The firmware change from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 was not just a numeric increment.

These tools are for 3.0.0 and lower, they will provide insights into 3.0.0 and lower. They will provide very general archetypal understandings of the underlying codebase but do not guarantee, nor should one think that they do, forward compatibility of the logic. With 3.0.1, we lost our major entry point to the system's services. To make use of these gains and the emulator on future firmwares, you'd need to find a similar hole which is unlikely. Holes of this caliber only happen on chance and usually only very early.

You'll not be able to play new games, period. Future retail releases will force 3.0.1 from the cart or they will not run. This will be the case for a long time, if not forever.

will it run mario odyssey

No, nor will your Switch on 3.0.0.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't really play games online, only reason I use online is to buy games, plus I'm sure some company will try taking advantage of people by selling a SD card adapter that plugs into either game slot or Micro SD slot and hook it up to the PC to hack it for the low low cost of 200 dollars.
I may be misunderstanding, but what is useful for future firmware? The firmware change from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 was not just a numeric increment.

These tools are for 3.0.0 and lower, they will provide insights into 3.0.0 and lower. They will provide very general archetypal understandings of the underlying codebase but do not guarantee, nor should one think that they do, forward compatibility of the logic. With 3.0.1, we lost our major entry point to the system's services. To make use of these gains and the emulator on future firmwares, you'd need to find a similar hole which is unlikely. Holes of this caliber only happen on chance and usually only very early.

You'll not be able to play new games, period. Future retail releases will force 3.0.1 from the cart or they will not run. This will be the case for a long time, if not forever.

No, nor will your Switch on 3.0.0.

You didn't read my message very clearly, I know Nintendo changed the keys and Cody doesn't want to find exploits on 3.01 and above because he and his group would rather hack the system below 3.01.

Also not being able to play future games is a sacrifice and like I said I don't play games online, I only buy games online like Neo Geo, so online is useless aswell as future games because eventually it will be opened completely, all successful devices eventually get hacked wide open and plus with the Switch selling more and more, there will be hackers who will hack future firmwares because the Switch is selling very well compared to Vita. Now that mine is at 3.01, I'm putting it back in the box for the time being as I have other devices that I can play till that time.

Forever? Seriously? No device is unhackable, every device has a weakness, this is fact, Switch will be hacked fully sooner or later down the line, it's a successful device and with that being said, devices with this kind of success will be hacked eventually, so it won't be forever.

Damn auto correct, I didn't notice unshakable till I checked my message, it's supposed to be unhackable, not unshakable.

Last edited by Yami Anubis ZX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging