First trailer for POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie released

detective pika.JPG

The POKÉMON Detective Pikachu movie featuring the world-famous electric rat and co. just had its first trailer released! POKÉMON Detective Pikachu stars Ryan Reynolds as the voice of the titular character in the first-ever live-action movie based on the Pokémon brand. The movie releases in theaters May 11, 2019.

The story begins when ace private eye Harry Goodman goes mysteriously missing, prompting his 21-year-old son Tim to find out what happened. Aiding in the investigation is Harry’s former Pokémon partner, Detective Pikachu: a hilariously wise-cracking, adorable super-sleuth who is a puzzlement even to himself. Finding that they are uniquely equipped to communicate with one another, Tim and Pikachu join forces on a thrilling adventure to unravel the tangled mystery. Chasing clues together through the neon-lit streets of Ryme City—a sprawling, modern metropolis where humans and Pokémon live side by side in a hyper-realistic live-action world—they encounter a diverse cast of Pokémon characters and uncover a shocking plot that could destroy this peaceful co-existence and threaten the whole Pokémon universe.

The movie is directed by Rob Letterman (“Goosebumps,” “Monsters Vs. Aliens”) with the visual effects handled by Moving Picture Company (“Wonder Woman”) and Framestore (“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2”) while Warner Bros. Pictures will distribute the movie outside of China and Japan.

What are your thoughts about the first trailer?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 740

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Looks super neat!!!

BUT I really dislike Reynolds :/ I don't know why either, I just do. Oh well :) Looking forward to this!

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
it reminds me the Jasse&James 's Meow, that one in particular is able to speak to everyones, while all wild ones can't, can anybody explain it?
For Meowth, just go watch episode 70 of the original anime. He literally gets turned down by a female because she liked humans more so he taught himself how to speak like a human only to be turned down again for being creepy:rofl2:

PS: About this movie, well, I thought the screenshot looked creepy, then watched this and I think we are finally getting a good live action movie that actually is promising!

Reactions: gameboy and leon315

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For Meowth, just go watch episode 70 of the original anime. He literally gets turned down by a female because she liked humans more so he taught himself how to speak like a human only to be turned down again for being creepy:rofl2:

PS: About this movie, well, I thought the screenshot looked creepy, then watched this and I think we are finally getting a good live action movie that actually is promising!
wow, willing transform for an impossible task just love, this Meow is actually is amazing!Such determination and IQ, he can be a genius and a lot of wealthy job offers if he didn't join this stupid criminal organization!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That looks a lot less shitty than I expected. Still not sure about the pick of Reynolds to voice Pikachu though, makes it seem like this is more a PG-13/R comedy and Pikachu is just waiting to pull out the dick jokes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't help, but laugh at the visuals and vibe at first, but I think it works. lol
Why are all the pokemons so furry??.. I would've thought charizard to be scaly, it is a dragon after all..
Why does Charizard look fluffy? Shouldn't he be scaley?
The Charizard doesn't look fluffy to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!