Five Nights At Freddy's creator, Scott Cawthon, has retired from game development

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a Trump supporter doesn't mean you support everything he does
To support for the former president is to at least accept or tolerate his anti-LGBT policies. If you believe Trump supporters aren't anti-LGBT or indifferent to LGBT rights, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
To support for the former president is to at least accept or tolerate his anti-LGBT policies. If you believe Trump supporters aren't anti-LGBT or indifferent to LGBT rights, I've got a bridge to sell you.
Let me stop you right there
I believe some hate LGBT some don't
Some do, look on Facebook
I also believe Biden is racist

Reactions: Skelletonike

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me stop you right there
I believe some hate LGBT some don't
Some do, look on Facebook
I also believe Biden is racist
Again, if a person supports the former president, then they are at least tolerant of his anti-LGBT agenda, for example. There is nothing that excuses support for the former president.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's the best comment I've read in a long time. I'm so tired of people getting upset over this and that.
Just because there are "a billion more important things going on" doesn't mean Scott's actions aren't deserving of condemnation.

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
Again, if a person supports the former president, then they are at least tolerant of his anti-LGBT agenda, for example. There is nothing that excuses support for the former president.

Just because there are "a billion more important things going on" doesn't mean Scott's actions aren't deserving of condemnation.
If you support Biden, then you think that voting against him means you aren't black

See, you're overlooking it

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you support Biden, then you think that voting against him means you aren't black

See, you're overlooking it
  1. There's a big difference between the Biden comments you're talking about and being racist.
  2. There's a big difference between the Biden comments you're talking about and having anti-Black policies.
  3. Biden already apologized for and took back those comments, which is not something the former president did with regard to any of his bigoted comments and policies.
False equivocations and whataboutism don't do anything to defend support for the former president.

Guess people don't understand it's possible to care about more than one thing at a time.
It's possible to care about something while also throwing the LGBT community, racial minorities, Muslims, immigrants, immigrant children, the poor, COVID-19 fatalities, democracy, women, the environment, etc. under the bus. Saying you disagree with one or more of these things doesn't defend supporting the former president.

There is no excuse for supporting the former president.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Being a Trump supporter means you support his intolerance and his intolerant policies.

The former president's policies were demonstrably and objectively anti-LGBT.

Trump was pro gay marriage though. Even Obama was against gay marriage for 7 of his 8 years in office. And he only changed that tune becusse the law was changing regardless of his opinions anyway.

1. There's a big difference between the Biden comments you're talking about and being racist.
  2. There's a big difference between the Biden comments you're talking about and having anti-Black policies.
  3. Biden already apologized for and took back those comments, which is not something the former president did with regard to any of his bigoted comments and policies.
False equivocations and whataboutism don't do anything to defend support for the former president.

It's possible to care about something while also throwing the LGBT community, racial minorities, Muslims, immigrants, immigrant children, the poor, COVID-19 fatalities, democracy, women, the environment, etc. under the bus. Saying you disagree with one or more of these things doesn't defend supporting the former president.

There is no excuse for supporting the former president.

Lmao literally "it's ok when Biden does it"

Umm, Biden has kids in cages right now, sweetie.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Trump was pro gay marriage though. Even Obama was against gay marriage for 7 of his 8 years in office. And he only changed that tune becusse the law was changing regardless of his opinions anyway.

Saying you're pro-LGBT then signing anti-LGBT legislation to own the libs. Go Trump!? Hahaha. He wanted to ban trans people from military service, ban gay adoption, and allow doctors the choice whether or not to provide care for people based on the patient's LGBTQ status/identity. Real champion for the gays.

Reactions: Lacius

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Saying you're pro-LGBT then signing anti-LGBT legislation to own the libs. Go Trump!? Hahaha. He wanted to ban trans people from military service, ban gay adoption, and allow doctors the choice whether or not to provide care for people based on the patient's LGBTQ status/identity. Real champion for the gays.

Absolutely no context missing on all those things listed there at all right?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely no context missing on all those things listed there at all right?
Oh yeah, he cited medical expenses for the trans military ban. There's no real basis for that argument and basically every military general disagreed with the decision, which was also found to be unconstitutional. The latter two, "religious freedom", because gay people should not have rights if Christians don't want them to.

Reactions: nemwolf

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, he cited medical expenses for the trans military ban. There's no real basis for that argument and basically every military general disagreed with the decision, which was also found to be unconstitutional. The latter two, "religious freedom", because gay people should not have rights if Christians don't want them to.
So it was to save expenses and religious freedom? Don't see how this is homophobic to be honest. Did any of those pass? No? Ok then move on.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
So it was to save expenses and religious freedom? Don't see how this is homophobic to be honest. Did any of those pass? No? Ok then move on.
That's not how this works. You're trying to say Trump is pro-gay, I gave examples how he's demonstrably not. Telling me to "move on" changes nothing about what he did, whether he was able to implement these examples or not.

And no, the real reason was to cater to ultra-conservative evangelical Christians, whose support he relied on. He won't tell you that, though.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's interesting (and also horrifying) seeing how ridiculous people in this thread are being. Some of you even seem to be happy Scott Cawthon had death threats against him.

At least in my book, a death threat is as bad as actual murder. No matter which side I look at this situation from, the people making those threats are a MILLION times worse than Scott ever could be. I don't care how controversial the guy's views were. I honestly wish whoever threatened him was imprisoned for a very long time.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's interesting (and also horrifying) seeing how ridiculous people in this thread are being. Some of you even seem to be happy Scott Cawthon had death threats against him.

At least in my book, a death threat is as bad as actual murder. No matter which side I look at this situation from, the people making those threats are a MILLION times worse than Scott ever could be. I don't care how controversial the guy's views were. I honestly wish whoever threatened him was imprisoned for a very long time.

But he gave money to orange man. And orange man bad. Therefore Five Nights man bad. Very bad. Racist and sexist!

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP

He has kids in cages?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trump was not pro-gay marriage. He made contradictory statements on the topic, and he called the issue "settled" and changed the topic when avoiding the issue. You can see my earlier post in this thread for an extensive list of all the ways the former president rolled back LGBT rights, and I don't remember if my post even included the anti-LGBT judges and justices he appointed. Go look at that post. If you believe the former president was in any way pro-LGBT, I've got a bridge to sell you. It's demonstrably untrue.

Obama was not against LGBT marriage for "7 out of 8 years of his presidency." He was personally against it for 3-4 years of his presidency, while never advocating for any anti-LGBT policies (In 2008, Obama was against the anti-same-sex marriage Proposition 8 in California, and he called for DOMA's repeal, for example). In fact, Obama advocated for numerous pro-LGBT policies during that time, including but not limited to the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Let's also not forget that he appointed numerous pro-LGBT judges and Supreme Court justices. Obama's stance on same-sex marriage from 2009-2012 is similar to Biden's stance on abortion now: He's personally opposed, but he thinks it should be legal.

In 2012, Obama came out in full support of same-sex marriage, long before "the law changed" on the issue. The law only changed, in part, because of Obama.

There is a humanitarian crisis at the border as a direct result of the policies of the former president. At the beginning of Biden's term, there were a lot of unaccompanied minors at the border with very little space to put them. Those were the very foreseeable consequences of Trump's illegal asylum policies, and everyone knew back then that this would happen when those policies were inevitably repealed. Fortunately, the Biden administration has been working to actually do something about it, and the number of unaccompanied minors held at the border has dropped significantly as of this summer (the number has dropped 88%), and conditions have improved at the border.

On the same topic, Biden was not the one who instituted the inhumane family separation policy that forcefully ripped children from their families and kept them in poor conditions, all without a formal plan to reunite families. The Biden administration continues to make progress reuniting those families.

Your comments, particularly the ones on LGBT views, are verifiably untrue.

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I've read a lot of them, and I haven't seen anyone condone harassment or death threats. All I've seen condoned is the rightful condemnation of his actions.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But he gave money to orange man. And orange man bad. Therefore Five Nights man bad. Very bad. Racist and sexist!
If a person gives money to a sexist and racist candidate, then that person gets to be held accountable for giving money to a candidate who is racist and sexist. It's not difficult to understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol