Hacking Forwarders are back!

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, how do I get opera internet channel to work?

It basically loads to a black screen and I have to power off the WiiU.

I used the converter for wii to vwii on the .wad, yet the wad doesn't work. Help? Anyone?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's an official channel, you don't need to convert it to work on vWii.
official channels are compatible with both Wii and vWii.

this thread is for Forwarder channels, or custom channels made by users for the Wii, and convert them to vWii.

did you try to install opera channel directly without converting it?

Reactions: Biovirulent

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
@Cyan sorry for the mention, but to me it seems you are the genius around for things related to Wii/vwii xD

i would like to know how i could make the GC games show up in the homebrew called WiiFlow, it shows up my Wii games just fine.
i have set the path of both the wii/gc games to the same folder because on my SD card i have only one folder titled as games and in it i have other folders of the game titles.

nintendont loads up my gamecube games just fine, usb loader does too (except usb loader gx does not make it full screen for me ,only widescreen.)

and other than that, usb loader gx does not show up wii games for me, so i mostly use wiiflow for wii games and nintendont for gc.

but would like to play both wii/gc with the same loader, would be nicer.

do you know of a way to make my gc games show up with wiiflow?
maybe i have to put them in a seperate folder on my SD ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's not really the thread for that, but I'll answer here anyway.
I don't use wiiflow, so I don't know a lot about it.

if you have displaying issue with USBGX and with Wiiflow, you have an issue with your game's path or filename.
well, if you use SD for wii games, that's normal USBGX doesn't display them.

best choice is to use subfolders for games :
sd:/games/<any game title you want>/game.iso and disc2.iso in the same folder

don't use :
sd:/games/<filename>.iso
it probably works, but not all loaders have been updated to support that file layout.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
that's not really the thread for that, but I'll answer here anyway.
I don't use wiiflow, so I don't know a lot about it.

if you have displaying issue with USBGX and with Wiiflow, you have an issue with your game's path or filename.
well, if you use SD for wii games, that's normal USBGX doesn't display them.

best choice is to use subfolders for games :
sd:/games/<any game title you want>/game.iso and disc2.iso in the same folder

don't use :
sd:/games/<filename>.iso
it probably works, but not all loaders have been updated to support that file layout.

thanks, i actually use sd:/games/gametitle/.iso
cfg loader is the only loader that does not work for me.

i will look into it again now.
i like wiiflow the most, but usb loader gx looks pretty neat too.

Biovirulent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's an official channel, you don't need to convert it to work on vWii.
official channels are compatible with both Wii and vWii.

this thread is for Forwarder channels, or custom channels made by users for the Wii, and convert them to vWii.

did you try to install opera channel directly without converting it?

Oh wow, really? Going to try that now!

... It worked!

D

Deleted User

Problem

Hey. I got a very stupid question. I've tried a lot of the forwarders on vwii. A lot of them give me a black screen, and I need to unplug my Wii U and replug it in to get my Wii to work again. That isn't the problem. Forwarders like the Nintendont and WiIxplorer work just fine. I double checked the pathway for other forwarders, but they still don't work! I don't think it is an SD Card problem (I use SDHD card... I think), because all the apps and some of the forwarders work perfectly fine. Are the forwarders outdated? Am I doing something wrong?

What I do

1. I download the WAD file
2. I place it in my WAD folder (that is on the root of my SD card)
3. I double check the pathway to see if its correct (I check the names and locations and make it exact)
4. I either use Pimp my Wii or WAD manager to install it (I know what MMM is, should I use that instead?)

Someone please reply as soon as possible!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: laz305

tallpr24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does channel show up in wii u menu , or do i have to go into vwii first to see it?

Im trying to find a way to launch wiiflow right from the wii u home screen

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a Dukenukem3D forwarder for vwii? This is the ONLY one i cant get to work.. any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

D

Deleted User

Problem

Hey. I got a very stupid question. I've tried a lot of the forwarders on vwii. A lot of them give me a black screen, and I need to unplug my Wii U and replug it in to get my Wii to work again. That isn't the problem. Forwarders like the Nintendont and WiIxplorer work just fine. I double checked the pathway for other forwarders, but they still don't work! I don't think it is an SD Card problem (I use SDHD card... I think), because all the apps and some of the forwarders work perfectly fine. Are the forwarders outdated? Am I doing something wrong?

What I do

3. I double check the pathway to see if its correct (I check the names and locations and make it exact)
4. I either use Pimp my Wii or WAD manager to install it (I know what MMM is, should I use that instead?)

Will anyone even reply to this?!

IpsoFact0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiSX requires a patch in order to play nice with forwarders. If it's patched, it should work, if not, I have the patched version here (the forwarder in there isn't updated for vWii, but WiiSX itself has been patched to work with forwarders). Also, there's a 50% chance that's my banner you're using ;)
the patched version you provided works with the forwarder but doesnt contain wii u pro controller support...and the one that does doesnt work with the forwarder... very frustrating.

Has no one made a WiiSXR forwarder??? very surprising

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the patched version you provided works with the forwarder but doesnt contain wii u pro controller support...and the one that does doesnt work with the forwarder... very frustrating.

Has no one made a WiiSXR forwarder??? very surprising

converted with Convert2vWii v1.4 :
http://www.hacksden.com/showthread....le-with-the-vWii?p=49048&viewfull=1#post49048

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

source.gif

Attachments

• WiiSXR - WPSX vWii.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 321
Last edited by markehmus,
Reactions: laz305

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem

What I do

I hear ya. I'm having same issues. Hope we can get some kind of help soon. FYI the USB Loader link on the 1st page 2nd post is a 20mb wav file. What's up with that?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me out loading a Wad Manager. I get this error. What should I do?

HW_AHBPROT is disabled
Do you want to load another IOS anyways?

Last edited by laz305,

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi guys !!!

I do have a question for some of the great people here.
Let's say I do have a little background on the Wii (I am the one who designed the Carbonik, Orange, Violet, Green and Orchid theme for Wiiflow back in the days...).
Last week I have finally made the jump and hacked my son's WiiU, including the vWii ( thx to @FIX94 ).
First thing I did was to reinstall Wiiflow, and I was sooooo happy to see that I could still use my beloved Orchid theme (took a lot of work to Jiiwah and me to make it).
Now, I'd like to have the matching forwarder (Yes, we did an Orchid forwarder too with Jiiwah, a lot of work also lol), but it has not been "converted" to be used on vWii.

So long story short, would there be a kind soul to convert it for me ? Someone who knows what he is doing, I'm a bit afraid to brick the vWii since there is no bootmii to recover...

Here is the link to the forwarder if needed :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ur0qvqbsuh8tud3/Orchid-FIX94v14b-forwarder-DWFA.wad

Many thanks in advance !!!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys !!!

I do have a question for some of the great people here.
Let's say I do have a little background on the Wii (I am the one who designed the Carbonik, Orange, Violet, Green and Orchid theme for Wiiflow back in the days...).
Last week I have finally made the jump and hacked my son's WiiU, including the vWii ( thx to @FIX94 ).
First thing I did was to reinstall Wiiflow, and I was sooooo happy to see that I could still use my beloved Orchid theme (took a lot of work to Jiiwah and me to make it).
Now, I'd like to have the matching forwarder (Yes, we did an Orchid forwarder too with Jiiwah, a lot of work also lol), but it has not been "converted" to be used on vWii.

So long story short, would there be a kind soul to convert it for me ? Someone who knows what he is doing, I'm a bit afraid to brick the vWii since there is no bootmii to recover...

Here is the link to the forwarder if needed :
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ur0qvqbsuh8tud3/Orchid-FIX94v14b-forwarder-DWFA.wad

Many thanks in advance !!!
here you go - http://www.mediafire.com/file/yglpo0qslo1u1lq/Orchid-FIX94v14b-forwarder-DWFA_vwii.wad

love your themes - especially orchid!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back