Hacking Forwarders are back!

D

Deletedmember331810

I've done extensive testing on Joostin's application and it works just fine. We are even utilizing it for the Trinux project. The error happened because the wad was not in the parent folder.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I've done extensive testing on Joostin's application and it works just fine. We are even utilizing it for the Trinux project. The error happened because the wad was not in the parent folder.
But I don't even get an error when using a wad from a different folder. Was the error something like "Couldn't find Sharpii.exe" or something similar?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I'll try to fix that ASAP. I might forget though, I'm pretty busy these days.

Thanks for reporting it.

Edit: It works for me. What error did you get?
make sure sharpii is either installed or in the same directory as this batch file mess up again and i will make you walk the plank!

Drcreek

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.david-marsden.com
XP
Country
I've tried the CFG Usb Loader forwarder but it just hangs on the SplashScreen with the logo and software version in the lower left corner?

I used YAWM? What is it that could doing wrong? I assume it is me and that the software is fine. It's usually me that's the problem.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so with JoostinOnline app i can convert my old wads that i maid for my wii to use it on my wii u? and to be able to install wads i need to patch ios80? sorry for all the questions ive been away from the seen for a bit... and if thats all that means i can make new channels and test on my wii the convert it for vwii

oh is this just the easy way instead of injecting the 00000001.app with wadmii?

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i used the convert2vwii app and i was able to install my channel but when i hit start it goes to a black screen... is it the app or the wad that i made? if it helps the base wad was the one for unleashed... i want to get this one working so i can do the other ones i have...

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my channel to work... first thing i did was delete convert2vwii and went oldschool grabbed my old modding apps and found if i use wadmii to take the 00000001.app to replace it with this one vWii_NAND_Loader_svn_r2 repacked and bingo working channel the important part is that the channel is one i made changing all the file so it could do what i want so it dont do the same thing like the other channels with the same animation witch in my opinion suck thats why i like to mod things so i can make it different anyways got my channel working now to work on the rest... or just make something new it about that time anyways

mundodisco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mundodisco.com.ar
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there somewhere a collection as large and organised as the one of this post, of forwarders but for the original Wii, updated to 2013? I mean, with support for generic wiimotes, usb 2.0 and discs over 3TB (and surely I am missing some features), aimed at the latest revisions of most popular emus/loaders/apps.
I know, for instance, that Wiiflow forwarder v14b by the genius of Fix94 has all of this, but getting those for other emus/apps is not that easy or they are really outdated.

Travis Sanders

tbone
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fceugx forwarder loads in 4:3 ratio. All the others load in 16:9. Any ideas on how to fix this? The settings in the app can be changed to default but it still crops the games a little. The main screen also is in 4:3 format. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I got the 16:9 fixed forwarder for HBC and if I load fceugx through HBC it is 16:9. There is a thread on here about the HBC forwarder.

Thanks,,

ah394496

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I've been fiddling around with different forwarder versions but just can't seem to get the FCEU one to work properly after the recent update (to run 4:3 on a 16:9 set).
The FCEU app runs just fine but when I try to boot it up via a forwarder it tries to boot the app in 4:3, gets confused then kicks me back to the system menu.
Sadly, as a Mac owner it's very hard for me to run any homebrew apps to create custom forwarders or edit them.
Has anyone else gotten an FCEU forwarder to work on the revised vWii? And if so, which one did you use?
Thanks!

PS
Ack, looks like the Title ID app is an exe file. I cannot run those on my Mac.
Does anyone have a link for an already converted FCEUGX forwarder channel for the 16:9 boot method?

ah394496

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
On some forwarders on Wii, I used to change just the WAD title with "CustomizeMii v3.11". Is this safe to do with a vWii forwarder?

EDIT: Or is there a safer way to just change the WAD title?

EDIT2: ShowMiiWads v1.4 also seem to be able to just change the title. This may be the safest way? Is this ok?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I notice some forwarders when you check in the "channels" look very generic with ??? as description. Can this be fixed? It's nice to know what is what...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1