Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello dear people,
I know the FreEshop term.. Free and Shop so are games free on the freeshop? I have seen posts saying freeshop is not to install free Eshop games , so I thought why not ask on the forum what it really is , I don't have a 3ds but I'm about to buy one in a month or so , I had a 2ds .. What is freeshop exactly and what can you do on , and with it?

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for replying

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Basically, the main usage is piracy.
Think of freeShop as free + eShop. Yes, you can download eShop games for free. Doing so requires you set up a certain file with a certain titlekeys website.
Thanks for replying

Reactions: Jhynjhiruu

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want a more technical description (not entirely how it works, it's just for the idea) :

Freeshop replace the eShop interface.
it allows you to browse the eShop content and (re)download the titles you bought.
When you go to eshop, and buy a game, it marks the game as "bought" and install a ticket into your console and into your account (on their servers).
if you delete that game and go back to eShop it checks the ticket on nintendont servers to determine if you have the right to download a game again.

Freeshop by itself is legal, it just redownload games you have tickets for (that you bought), except that it looks at these tickets only on your console instead of looking on nintendo's servers.

The illegal part is that you can find game tickets elsewhere on internet (not provided by freeshop! it's your own responsibility what you do or don't on your console) and install them to your console.
Freeshop looks at the installed tickets to download games you (supposedly?) bought.

Last edited by Cyan,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello dear people,
I know the FreEshop term.. Free and Shop so are games free on the freeshop? I have seen posts saying freeshop is not to install free Eshop games , so I thought why not ask on the forum what it really is , I don't have a 3ds but I'm about to buy one in a month or so , I had a 2ds .. What is freeshop exactly and what can you do on , and with it?

The reason they say it's not to install free Eshop games is to protect themselves and save face. You can argue that its for downloading backups and things like that, but the reality is that it was created for piracy. The creator even proved himself to be a not morally good person (not getting into it here), there really is no question as to what the software allows for. Its impressive homebrew though, and it does do exactly what you'd think and hope it does.

Reactions: Kaan3DS

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure there's is not one single person who has freeshop installed in their 3ds who hasn't downloaded at least 1 game or dlc with freeshop (even for test purposes) that they didn't own.

Reactions: Kaan3DS and Joel16

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I'm sure there's is not one single person who has freeshop installed in their 3ds who hasn't downloaded at least 1 game or dlc with freeshop (even for test purposes) that they didn't own.

If you download a game you have a physical copy off as a backup I guess not too bad?

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah the people who try to play it off as if the main goal isn't piracy are just morons. Including that bullshit thread that's stickied with some person's opinion slapped over it.

Kaan3DS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you want a more technical description (not entirely how it works, it's just for the idea) :

Freeshop replace the eShop interface.
it allows you to browse the eShop content and (re)download the titles you bought.
When you go to eshop, and buy a game, it marks the game as "bought" and install a ticket into your console and into your account (on their servers).
if you delete that game and go back to eShop it checks the ticket on nintendont servers to determine if you have the right to download a game again.

Freeshop by itself is legal, it just redownload games you have tickets for (that you bought), except that it looks at these tickets only on your console instead of looking on nintendo's servers.

The illegal part is that you can find game tickets elsewhere on internet (not provided by freeshop! it's your own responsibility what you do or don't on your console) and install them to your console.
Freeshop looks at the installed tickets to download games you (supposedly?) bought.
So to download games on freeshop , you have to have titlekeys or something but where do I find those?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe