Full source code for GTAV has been leaked publicly

GTAV-Review.jpg

Rockstar has been one of the primary targets for leaks this year, with early footage of GTAVI leaking out before even an announcement of the game was made, to the actual trailer for it leaking before its scheduled airing time. However, all that will seem like a slight pinch compared to what was leaked next.

Some private groups have been making rounds online with what seemed to be the full source code, complete with models and assets, of GTAV, and while the source remained private for a while, the entirety of the source code has been posted publicly, with some reports mentioning a full size of around 200GB.

Not only has the source code leaked, but it seems like, within the same leak, there's some files that point to potential Bully 2 and GTAVI mentions, and there's even lists of emails and full names of employees at Rockstar Games included within the leaked files.

Rockstar has already started taking down links to the downloads, but with the source already out and rapidly gaining attraction, there's not much they can do outside of just that.

As usual with these kind of events, any links related to copyrighted data are not allowed and will be promptly removed.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
People are asking for ports of it on the NES, gameboy, WiiU, Wii and whatnot.

Meanwhile I'm asking for ports on the N-Gage, Game.com, and the Leapster.

How do I hack my Ngage QD to play this??
Post automatically merged:

Nah bro. When's the Tiger Electronics handheld port?
I hear it's coming after the port to this device...

6skzlg6w7n541.jpg

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch is underpowered as fuck, hence why GTA V would not quite hit the 60fps mark as expected. :rofl2:
To be fair, the Switch is more powerful than the 360 and PS3, which I think a lot of us have forgotten, is where GTAV first launched. I can absolutely see like a 15fps version running on the Switch by some coder that kinda knows what they're doing. Having said that, even if it happens, it almost certainly would never be distributed.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearly my comment was towards someone elses comment.
MY question is directed towards you. This topic is about GTA5's source code being leaked. What does this thread or any of the replies prior to yours have to do with incels?

To be fair, the Switch is more powerful than the 360 and PS3, which I think a lot of us have forgotten, is where GTAV first launched. I can absolutely see like a 15fps version running on the Switch by some coder that knows what they're doing. Having said that, even if it happens, it agonist certainly would never be distributed.
Mostly this. I'm not even saying many people would try to create such a port. The source code isn't some fully in the clear legal clean room decompilation like Mario 64 or Ocarina of Time (even Nintendo mostly leaves them alone except when people upload precompiled exe's online). Rockstar are likely to go scorched earth on anything that uses the source leak.

But to be clear, Switch is perfectly capable of handling a port of a PS3/360 game. And i'm not talking about a 15fps version. While Switch is a lot weaker than PS4/Xbone, it's still moderately more powerful than the 360/PS3. Enough that competent porting studios have managed to get high end games on those old consoles running with enhancements on Switch. Red Dead Redemption is a good example. That game ran at 720p on 360 and the framerate frequently dipped into the mid-low 20s or even lower in demanding areas. The PS3 version was even worse. The port on Switch however is 1080p docked (720p handheld), and locked to 30fps throughout the vast majority of the game (both docked and handheld). No reason to think Switch couldn't also get a similarly enhanced port in the right hands.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade