Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nice. Since i buy only physical whenever possible, i can put all my many many many games on one cartridge. That's such a convenience for us people who own our games, especially for online games.

Blavla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well. Ya speaking bout "Nintendont" ... so ya can be sure that even ya own legal Dumps will lead to an Bann. I mean they are the most Butthurt Company of all time. :grog:
gonna buy it and test it :D
Post automatically merged:

This is nice. Since i buy only physical whenever possible, i can put all my many many many games on one cartridge. That's such a convenience for us people who own our games, especially for online games.
yeah but the Slot is bad. Would be better with a button :D

krzys4x

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I will play super mario smash bros crysis 123 doom 2016 doom internal I have 500gb switch nsp and xci:gun: :hateit: :switch: in april :ha: I hope 4 xsx cfw too:yay:

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing that is important is that I am less wrong than you. :D

Thanks for providing further evidence of my statement. The existing dumps can be repacked. Learn how to read instead of ignoring what was there to begin with, asking stupid questions, and insinuating that someone else is the one that's wrong. Back to the ignore list you go because most everything you say is just flat out stupid, willfully ignorant, and not worth anyone's time of day to even read.

I read it as, his own backup of that 1 game playing that same 1 game online, but not using the same Certificate for other games. But yeah the wording is hard to understand the real facts. Guess we will wait and see.

It says he used ONE of his private carts for OTHER game backups. "Other" and "backups" (plural) are both key words imo.

Reactions: tabzer and BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m mostly happy that I don’t have to risk taking some of these limited supply switch games out of their safe cases no more

Donut county is already getting hella expensive I don’t want to buy it again lol

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah...and these consoles can be used with a CFW, you know? Okay, the OLED model is hard to solder in a modchip. But for the Mariko units...rather easy I would say.
I have a v1 switch.
But i would an oled without tinkering with chip to sold.
SO THIS CARTRIDGE IS A ' MANNA' FROM SKY.

What do you say? Its better atmo?
I m not able to sold a chip,and probably a great amount of guys with an oled.
So, would you offer to sold?

Come one....boy

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As long as you use your own "backups"...then you should be relatively safe. But piracy...? I would say no. Going online with a pirated copy...ban! That's my guess. Why should this card be different?
Bold of you to assume people who just want to pirate Switch games will read the warnings and will absolutely play their own game dumps. This smells like a huge ban bait to me. Gotta wait and see how it plays out. I'm expecting many "I got banned buuut" posts in the Switch section

Last edited by Mayo1990,
Reactions: impeeza

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... so I can not know so far if this flash card will really works on the real life. or even is a real device and not a Día de los Inocentes joke (April's fool is celebrated on most countries on the world the December 28th)
Thanks for the reference to the day of the innocents, impeeza. I had heard about that event in the bible, but I had no idea it was celebrated today, and I also had no idea it was equivalent to April Fools day for latin countries. I just read about it. Interesting stuff, but since neither Russia or China are latin, I'm sure the guys behind this flashcart didn't have any intentions of pulling a prank about it today. It's probably real, but how useful will it be is the big question. Seems pretty limited right now. I'm sure once released, people will find a way to make regular xci files work.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But couldn't you patch nsp updates/dlc to the .xci via NSC builder?
no
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the reference to the day of the innocents, impeeza. I had heard about that event in the bible, but I had no idea it was celebrated today, and I also had no idea it was equivalent to April Fools day for latin countries. I just read about it. Interesting stuff, but since neither Russia or China are latin, I'm sure the guys behind this flashcart didn't have any intentions of pulling a prank about it today. It's probably real, but how useful will it be is the big question. Seems pretty limited right now. I'm sure once released, people will find a way to make regular xci files work.
On most countries, the day of innocents (murder of all 4 years old of less by hands of the Roman emperor who was afraid the new king of Jews and where Jesus supposedly escaped ) I don´t know how but by the time become a day to make jokes to each others.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On most countries, the day of innocents (murder of all 4 years old of less by hands of the Roman emperor who was afraid the new king of Jews and where Jesus supposedly escaped ) I don´t know how but by the time become a day to make jokes to each others.
The order to kill the babies didn't come from the roman emperor himself, but rather from the lower ranked king Herod, who was just king of Judea, probably. You're right, it's interesting to see such an event become an inspiration for a day to make jokes to each others. My guess for the connection is the victims of jokes are rather clueless, like an innocent young child would be.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus