Future Yakuza games will continue to be turn-based, says developer

yakument.jpg

With the official announcement of Lost Judgement, development team Ryu ga Gotoku has taken to an interview to talk about the game and what fans can expect. They also clarified some details regarding the Yakuza series, and that due to the success of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, that franchise's gameplay will remain turn-based for the time being, while the Judgement series will take the mantle as the studio's more traditional action-based release going forward.

The Yakuza series has been transformed into a turn-based RPG. On the other hand, over the years, Ryu ga Gotoku Studio has accumulated resources and know-how of making flashy and exhilarating action games that are effortless to enjoy. We decided that we should let our signature action gameplay live on through Lost Judgment.

Ryu ga Gotoku knows that fans love the gameplay of previous entries, and they've become accustomed to creating these types of 3D brawlers. So, if you're not a fan of the shift to RPG that Yakuza has taken, the decision is here to stay, but if you want more classic Yakuza-style gameplay, you'll need to look to Judgement to fill that position.

:arrow: Source: IGN Interview

D

Deleted User

America ETA Wen

I can't stop watching this.

And BTW this is not just some rap someone made up on Youtube. I have the game on my CFW PS3 and of course heavy Japanese can't get any story out of it but this rap is actually in the opening of the game.

What idiot(s) at Sega decided not to allow this and Ishin not to come to U.S.in the first place. :(

And I can't imagine with how popular Yakuza is now they would lose money by paying to translate it then release them both in America. They would make money.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat