Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Planetary%20Alignment.gif

The most commonly discussed alignment in 2012 deals with only the Milky Way, the Sun, the Earth and Venus. There is actually more than one 2012 alignment to consider. Viewed from the Earth, our solar system has high and low locations of planets and start clusters. As we stand on the ground and look up at space, the concept of the solar system is different than viewing it from above because the rest of the solar system moves around the Earth from our point of view. The solar system is a vast plate shaped array of planets and stars called the Milky Way. During the course of the known history of the world, we have always been located at the top edge of this platter of matter.

The 2012 alignment known as the Galactic Alignment will bring about a change that begins on December 21, 2012. It is said that this particular arrangement of the planets and the dark rift at the center of the Milky Way is occurring for the first time since the creation of our current age, our current world. For the first time in recorded history, instead of looking out over the top of the galaxy, we will be looking at it from beneath the galactic plane.

There are those who are convinced this event could place the Earth in danger of being sucked into a black hole at the center of the dark rift in the Milky Way. Others feel that since a somewhat similar alignment involving just the sun and the Milky Way takes place on Winter Solstice every December, that this is just a lot of to do over nothing. But there are other odd planetary placements set to occur in the sky with this 2012 alignment that will place us below the plane of the Galactic Equator for the first time in the known history of the world.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

There are those who are convinced this event could place the Earth in danger of being sucked into a black hole at the center of the dark rift in the Milky Way.[/p]

And there are those who are allowed to take the cork off of the end of their fork.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ask me this isn't nearly as interesting as the fact that we're headed for a near-collision with a very large asteroid in November 2011.
Designation: 2005 YU55

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've always been interested in astronomy, so I have found this very interesting indeed...

Vulpes Abnocto said:
If you ask me this isn't nearly as interesting as the fact that we're headed for a near-collision with a very large asteroid in November 2011.

Nobody asked you.

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
leeday100196 said:
I've always been interested in astronomy, so I have found this very interesting indeed...

Vulpes Abnocto said:

Nobody asked you.
He said if

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being pulled into a black hole is highly unlikely. the Milky Way is at the base of the one the arms of the Milky Way, so the center of the galaxy is quite distant from earth. plus, objects r not sucked into a black hole.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leeday100196 said:
Nobody asked you.

Yeah, few ever do. But seriously, which do you fear more? The world falling into a black hole, or being struck by a massive asteroid set to pass between us and the moon?
One seems to be a bit more ominous than the other.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godreborn said:
being pulled into a black hole is highly unlikely. the Milky Way is at the base of the one the arms of the Milky Way, so the center of the galaxy is quite distant from earth. plus, objects r not sucked into a black hole.
My teacher was kinda talk about this. If the our sun was just suddenly turn to a back-hole we wouldn't be suck in.

Anyway interesting info.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
OK this is the worst type of scaremongering. I am an astronomer. We are above the Galactic plane at present. We will be here for the next 15,000 years too. We may be 'on our way down' but we all will long before, be dead.
It takes over 230,000 years to complete one orbit of our Galaxy, it takes 50,000 years to complete one 'wave' (wave being the frequency of orbital motion from above to below the plane of the galaxy) so that means it would take 25,000 years to go from above the galactic plane, to below it.

This article is nonsense.
This topic should be closed.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Vulpes Abnocto said:
leeday100196 said:
Nobody asked you.

which do you fear more? The world falling into a black hole, or being struck by a massive asteroid set to pass between us and the moon?
yeah but you can blow asteroids up with nukes!
smileipb2.png

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
leeday100196 said:
Nobody asked you.

which do you fear more? The world falling into a black hole, or being struck by a massive asteroid set to pass between us and the moon?
smileipb2.png
+1
rofl.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
leeday100196 said:
Nobody asked you.

smileipb2.png
Irrelevant, the Earth will still be pelted with huge chunks which would probably end up more like a cluster nuke than a single nuke. That's in terms of when it hits the earth.

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sterling said:
Bladexdsl said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
leeday100196 said:
Nobody asked you.

smileipb2.png
Irrelevant, the Earth will still be pelted with huge chunks which would probably end up more like a cluster nuke than a single nuke. That's in terms of when it hits the earth.
My, such optimism.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Bladexdsl said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
leeday100196 said:
Nobody asked you.

smileipb2.png
+1
rofl.gif

The nukes are the one to fear from my point of view
rolleyes.gif

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
lostdwarf said:
heartgold said:
Bladexdsl said:
Vulpes Abnocto said:
leeday100196 said:
Nobody asked you.

smileipb2.png
+1
rofl.gif

The nukes are the one to enjoy from my point of view
rolleyes.gif
(if no one is killed,injured)
+1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1