Galactic Planetary Alignment in 2012

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Shabutie78 said:
SamAsh07 said:
...if the Earth does get sucked into a black hole...
we'd all die instantly.
black holes aren't magical, they're not portals through which we can travel through time.
we'd just die. in the coolest way possible
smileipb2.png
You sure? Wouldn't we be slowly pulled out of orbit first -- to slowly die of freezing? Brrrr.
I need to sock up on warm coats.
ohnoes.png

Seriously, I'm more afraid of asteroids. There's geographical evidence of multiple impacts and we've had a couple of close calls in just my lifetime.

jerome27

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Utter and complete horseshit. Pagans love to terrorize the world with their fear of dates, planetary alignments, bullshit psychics etc. They've always got a new date for you to fear. 1999, 2000, 2001, 2012, etc, etc. And when that date finally comes and nothing happens they always have an excuse.

How many of the idiots who believe in the 2012 prophecies actually know what it says? How many of them know about the alleged "Winged Serpent" that's going to appear in the skies according to the Mayan prophecy?

How many of them know that 2012 wasn't even an end times prediction? And that the Mayans actually predicted stuff about dates as far away as 5000 AD?

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jerome27 said:
Utter and complete horseshit. Pagans love to terrorize the world with their fear of dates, planetary alignments, bullshit psychics etc. They've always got a new date for you to fear. 1999, 2000, 2001, 2012, etc, etc. And when that date finally comes and nothing happens they always have an excuse.

How many of the idiots who believe in the 2012 prophecies actually know what it says? How many of them know about the alleged "Winged Serpent" that's going to appear in the skies according to the Mayan prophecy?

How many of them know that 2012 wasn't even an end times prediction? And that the Mayans actually predicted stuff about dates as far away as 5000 AD?

Quetzalcoatl is not a winged snake, he is a feathered snake.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there r many ridiculous predictions about such things. I believe Sir Isaac Newton predicted the end of days to be in 2060 using a calculation based on text he found in the Bible. plus, who can forget Y2K? airplanes falling from the sky and whatnot. there r those who like to prey on the fears of the weak-minded by creating doomsday scenarios. there must be well over 1,000 of these throughout the course of human history--all of which have been proven false.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's a new planetary happening each year and the only reason people are freaking out is because of the 2012 myth.

I think people just like to create life-threatening events in their minds and believe they will happen to spice up their otherwise boring lives?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The galactic allignment will create galactic radiation. Said radiation will give us all super powers.

I personally shall have the power to have all powers, then i will turn evil and start eating peoples brains, die a few times, then ultimately become a hero
biggrin.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
End of the world will not come with a notice like "Hey Ahem, guess what? I'm coming to destroy your precious Earth on [insert year here joke]." It will come without any prior notice, just be ready if it comes while we are alive. If not then god help our next generation.
tongue.gif
End of chapter.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luke_c said:
Bladexdsl said:
no no you blow the roid so it splits into 2 pieces than both parts will pass harmlessly past on either side of the earth and all the little chunks left over will disintegrate in the atmosphere
smileipb2.png

as for laseers maybe they can soup this thing up to shoot into space?
laugh.gif
http://dvice.com/archives/2010/07/laser-cannon-th.php
Someone's seen Deep Impact!
yay.gif
I never manage to watch that from the beginning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: There ya go. always thinking Negative. :sad: