Hacking Games Requiering 7.x

Lawletto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on what you want. If you really "need" that update for Mario Party than update your EmuNAND to 7.0.1. But check if all homebrew application which you are using works with 7.0.1 before. I would stay on 6.2.0 if you don't "need" it but that's what you need to decide.
Yeah I will stay on 6.2.0 until there is a game I want which requires 7.0.

Then I will just update emmunand with choidujournx as you said.

Lawletto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which homebrew is not working on 7.0.x? Serious question as I can't think of any.
Installing NSP via goldleaf doesn't work properly on 7.0 for example. But it's not the only one, in a few weeks I think homebrews will all become stable on 7.0 I hope.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing NSP via goldleaf doesn't work properly on 7.0 for example. But it's not the only one, in a few weeks I think homebrews will all become stable on 7.0 I hope.
But there are alternative installers that do work on FW 7.0.1, it's just Goldleaf having the issue. Latest TinFoil, SX installer, the built in installer in SXOS menu, DevMenuApp, these all install games on 7.0.1 just fine.

Use NSC_Builder to repack the base game+patch and choose fw compatible 6.2.0. That's it.
Can't, these new updates aren't just marked for FW 7.0.1 they are actually compiled with code that only works on FW 7.0.1.

Reactions: peteruk

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
It's a big deal because there are homebrews that are not working properly on 7.x
I'm on 7.0.1 and almost everything works great except for old tinfoil and goldleaf but that's easily solve by using the newest tinfoil/lithium. Other than that there's always emunand if you really want to stay on 6.2.

Last edited by Paulsar99,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use NSC_Builder to repack the base game+patch and choose fw compatible 6.2.0. That's it.
Can't, these new updates aren't just marked for FW 7.0.1 they are actually compiled with code that only works on FW 7.0.1.
The Mario Party update uses the 7.x encryption keys, so Tinfoil's bypass option alone won't work, but using NSC_Builder should allow one to bypass that requirement. The update only uses SDK version 4.5.0.0, so it should presumably work with any Switch on 5.0.0 and higher once the encryption keys are out of the way. It should work with any Switch on 4.0.0 and higher if you also remove the encryption keys and version requirement from the base game.

Last edited by Lacius,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Goldleaf 0.3 and Tinfoil 0.21 usb install work fine, as far as I know goldleaf 0.4 doesn't work, and 0.5 doesn't work well. Can always go the usb route.

Thex1

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Goldleaf 0.3 and Tinfoil 0.21 usb install work fine, as far as I know goldleaf 0.4 doesn't work, and 0.5 doesn't work well. Can always go the usb route.

I need an option nsp installing via usb. Goldleaf 0.3 and 0.4 are not working. Alwass got a "can find usb connection" error.

Is tinfoil a app on switch or a Program similar to goldtree?

Using reinx 2.1/ 7.0.1 fw

Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: peteruk and Thex1

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So you can choose to only update emunnand and still use 6.2 cfw ?
im on 3.01 sysnand and 6.20 emunand when i found a game that require a higher firmware i only update my emunand
i dont use gamecards so i dont update the gamecardslot and i dont update my controllerfirm too thats the reason why i cant play mario party but i dont need to play it..

until mario party im on 3.01 and can enjoy all the great things and i dont need to update and downgrade in the future

Last edited by loler55,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I thought I'd just drop in and add that while the latest update for Mario Party does require 7.0.1 FW, there is hardly any reason to install this anyway. If you read the patch notes for the update, all it really does is fix a bug with the online Mariothon, which, if you are on CFW, you shouldn't be messing with anyway. That's really all the update does, it is not a content update and you really don't need this update if you're on CFW.

Reactions: Garou and Lacius

tomi1578

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I thought I'd just drop in and add that while the latest update for Mario Party does require 7.0.1 FW, there is hardly any reason to install this anyway. If you read the patch notes for the update, all it really does is fix a bug with the online Mariothon, which, if you are on CFW, you shouldn't be messing with anyway. That's really all the update does, it is not a content update and you really don't need this update if you're on CFW.
it doesn't require 7.0.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.